• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Giggs' first signing? How does that work, you guys haven't got a director of football doing signings without a manager do you?
Guardian says Moyes laid the groundwork for the deal. United have then always had the chairman or chief exec close the deal. Of course, there's always the chance Woodward will cock things up, but United appear to be very confident.

Believe it when I see it though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
People talk of us needing wingers with pace, anyone available that could help us out? I see alot of talk about defender/cms but no names when it comes to wingers.

Blablurn

Bl6tZ40CEAEnzlm.jpg:large

Scum

People talk of us needing wingers with pace, anyone available that could help us out? I see alot of talk about defender/cms but no names when it comes to wingers.

Mr. Cola, pls. I mentioned two yesterday. Right up your alley, innit.
Townsend - £50m. Plus cut price Lennon - £65m £50m.

faridmon

This signing will create a precedent. Now we won't be able to sign young players since many of them are gonna expect high wages only the big club can afford.

But again. we got Jagielka from League 1 so, maybe we don't need to look for academy youth players...

ShogunX

With no Champions League for next year?

hmmmmm,....

Jarvis, Duff, Routledge, Moses, Albrighton.

Jarnet87

When Real lose to Bayern I'm sure a paper or two will run a story about Ronaldo wanting to go back to United. That'll have legs for a couple weeks. Theres been rumors here and there of United going in for Pedro.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Mr. Cola, pls. I mentioned two yesterday. Right up your alley, innit.
Townsend - £50m. Plus cut price Lennon - £65m £50m.

Everytime I watch Lennon play I think what a colossal waste of talent he is

I am not sure how I feel about Cleverly in an Everton top.

How much of a dick is he guys? I really hate that hair cut of his...
He has his own brand - Which tells you a lot about him, considering he hasn't really achieved all that much.

I think he'll be alright for you though. He's a limited player but given confidence and a role which doesn't ask too much of him he can do well.

Don't see him improving you but he'll give you a bit more depth I guess. As long as you don't pay too much for him I guess it's decent. £6m is my random guess.

He's suffered some serious blows lately. His representatives went out of business and the people helping him with his brand ditched him in favour of Phil Jones...fuck knows what he's up to.

Trying to apply for a job at News UK but I suck so much at selling myself :(

was it a phone/talk only interview or a practical one?

if you don't have to do anything just lie your way through it.

i'd never sold anything in my life before i worked in sales but in the interview years ago they asked and i said "sure, i can sell anything. i sell stuff all the time. gimme the job".

Mr Cola

I have this feeling Bayern are going to rip into Madrid

I just hope an actual game takes place

Wilbur

Banned
We've learned this season that Pulis is apparently a God of football management so hopefully it won't be too long till they're down.

apparently? Please he's a fucking deity. He's got a team with Cameron Jerome and Marouane Chamakh in it to 43 points.

Trying to apply for a job at News UK but I suck so much at selling myself :(

baby <33333 just show them that picture of your nob and bollocks

LegoArmo

Literally just having a better manager would have United back in the top 4. How much these players disliked and weren't performing for Moyes can't be understated.

Mr Cola

Literally just having a better manager would have United back in the top 4. How much these players disliked and weren't performing for Moyes can't be understated.

Its a rediculous state of affairs where a group of professionals wont show up for a manager, league champions to boot, half of them are risking their futures at a top club and they dont even realise it.

Clegg

United will probably need some kind of Director of Football in the future. Football has become too big for one man to rule the show like Fergie did for years.

Marc

We have graduated a fair number of players after Sturridge and Schmeichel but they were are last two that are highly decorated. Vladimir Weiss City's U-21 and U-18 teams have been among the best in the league this year but it's tough to break through when there are high expectations for world class players. We have a few (mostly youngsters who have been signed from other countries at 16 to be honest) who will definitely go on to be very successful, but whether or not that'll be at City remains to be seen.

Jordi Hiwula and Devante Cole are both young English strikers who I think will definitely go on to play professional football and be quality players -- they are our top two scorers for the U-21s (EDS) and have been fantastic this year. Shay Facey (LB) and Angus Gunn (GK) are probably are two other biggest English talents if I had to guess. I don't think Facey will ever approach our first team but he did sign an extension until 2016 the other day.

Some of the other top prospects at the U-21 level. I think all of these guys will be pros pretty easily:

Forward: Jose Angel Pozo
Attacking Midfield/Wingers: Marcos Lopes, Sinan Bytyqi, Albert Rusnak
Central Midfield: Emyr Huws (full Wales caps), George Evans, Olivier Ntcham, Seko Fofana
Defense: Karim Rekik (full Dutch caps), Mathias Bossaerts, Jason Denayer

Most of our U-18 team is British but there is some quality there.

Cool, appreciate the insight to the academy. Have to admit I haven't been following youth football as much so don't know these names. It looked for a moment with the likes of Micahel Johnson, Sturridge, Richards, Onouha, Hart etc. that you would have a good youth spine to the team which I think a club needs. Not really worked out like that.

She's like 17 or something so she's fair game now for a hunt.

giphy.gif

Nick Clegg said:
Guardian says Moyes laid the groundwork for the deal. United have then always had the chairman or chief exec close the deal. Of course, there's always the chance Woodward will cock things up, but United appear to be very confident.

Believe it when I see it though.

Seems odd to sign someone without the manager lined up, could hate the kid and you end up with someone on the bench on ridiculous wages.

We'll see though, almost silly season upon us again. World cup changes things as well, always some breakout that ends up the hot cake.

WJD - I am the same, takes me a while to get into the swing of things, terrible at interviews. I tend to target the 3rd or 4th interview and approach the first few as practice so don't give a shit. Tends to help things somehow as you are more relaxed since you aren't expecting anything. Good luck!

faridmon

He has his own brand - Which tells you a lot about him, considering he hasn't really achieved all that much.

I think he'll be alright for you though. He's a limited player but given confidence and a role which doesn't ask too much of him he can do well.

Don't see him improving you but he'll give you a bit more depth I guess. As long as you don't pay too much for him I guess it's decent. £6m is my random guess.

Sigh

Well, on the plus side, he is a long-time replacement to Osman, who isn't much of a player himself but amazing squad player. Apparently Martinez is willing to pay £8m for him which is daft as he can get Livermore for a bit more than that and is a better player in general.

Whatever, seems that Martinez liked enough of him when both of them worked together at Wigan, so...

Exclusive to Iceland...so you can't get them at Asda?

You sure told me!

Scum

Its a rediculous state of affairs where a group of professionals wont show up for a manager, league champions to boot, half of them are risking their futures at a top club and they dont even realise it.

Man, I hope Old Man Van Gaal still has it.

LegoArmo

Really did more damage to their own reputations. Hopefully at least some of them will want to repair that next season. Some are beyond help.

About available wingers, I think United would have to pay big money, or find a hidden gem.

Lucas Moura would be perfect, but probably stays in Paris.

Really did more damage to their own reputations. Hopefully at least some of them will want to repair that next season. Some are beyond help.

About available wingers, I think United would have to pay big money, or find a hidden gem.

Lucas Moura would be perfect, but probably stays in Paris.
Allow dat.

We should try to get Shaqiri out of Bayern. Will be cheap-ish, young, can improve. Might be alright not playing CL if other top clubs don't want him.

Reus is coming next year already. Think long term, think Woodward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom