• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

First game this UCL Ronaldo didn't score in. Ended his streak of 8 games in a row.

I always big-upped Modric prior to his move.. was desperate to have him at City. So nice to see him having such a great season. Monster player.

Jarnet87

we wont, because Götze and Müller will once again be on the bench. Fuck Pep.

Muller should start, Loltze no thanks jeffrey. I thought the Mandzukic start was weird. Against United sure it works well because we've got two dinosaurs at CB who get outmuscled. Muller would have forced Pepe and Ramos into some dangerous situations.

Into

Modric is approaching that Zidane level soon, where you know every touch/pass is going to be something, you just expect him to deliver

Unbelieveable that Ribery cried about being the third best player in the world, ive yet to see him perform to be top 40 in the world in the CL this season.

Razgreez

Madrid were without doubt the better team. There missed chances might cost them come Tuesday night though.

Being a realistic supporter I expected at least a 2-0 scoreline (if Pep stuck to his guns) so I don't I can't say I'm disappointed.

Modric is approaching that Zidane level soon, where you know every touch/pass is going to be something, you just expect him to deliver

Unbelieveable that Ribery cried about being the third best player in the world, ive yet to see him perform to be top 40 in the world in the CL this season.

Form is temporary. Ribery was amazing and has been poor this season

Well, good result for us, but we missed too many chances.

Good thing is that Bayern didn't scored, but this is far from being done, but at least we have a good start.

Blablurn

Congratulations Madrid GAF. Well played! Well played! You need to be icecold in the CL. And you need to be up for the challenge. Well done.

Tecl0n

tumblr_liqrn5yyGq1qgzhh5.gif

Ozil? Gago? Do you even 2012?

Marc

Modric was excellent, not long ago voted the worst Real player. Crazy.

Pep seems like a nice chap but as a coach I wish he would piss off, awful football.

I do wonder though, Madrid missed so many easy chances to kill the tie off if Bayern can change things around. Will Pep adapt his tactics for once in his life and actually try to be more incisive?

11 attempts on target? Did I fall asleep when that happened. The hell?

tabs2002

Bayern too boring and predictable. Robben needs to start running at people again, when did he start being a team player. He's better when he's being selfish.

bud

feels like madrid passed it around better than bayern in the second half, too. bayern are done. madrid can easily counter attack their way to a huge win at the allianz arena if both ronaldo and bale are fit enough to start.

bayern are slow and boring.
elsk was right.
bring back jupp.

fuenf

only positive thing, a result like this might lead to Neuer playing goalkeeper / libero / 10 and striker during the last 20minutes of the 2nd leg.

Meier

Pretty sure they mentioned during the game that Bayern had scored in 50 consecutive UCL games. Pep ending streaks left and right lately!

fuenf

funny thing is, Real Madrid did basically play like Bayern did against Barca last year. Kidding and "fuck Pep" aside. Teams are playing Bayern different this year and they would've struggled with Heynckes. Not bringing on Götze & Müller at half time is inexcusable tho.

Blablurn

funny thing is, Real Madrid did basically like Bayern did against Barca last year. Kidding and "fuck Pep" aside. Teams are playing Bayern different this year and they would've struggled with Heynckes. Not bringing on Götze & Müller at half time is inexcusable tho.

agreed, agreed. i wish götze would go back to his dortmund form.

Portugeezer

Ronaldo worked Neuer a few times. I think Ribery made a good cross once...

Doesn't even compare.

Carvehal and Coentrao were solid today, especially Coentrao, hope they keep him instead of Marcelo for the next match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom