• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

holy shit up until that replay I didnt even realize how bad Lahm and Schweini were caught out of position before the Benzema goal. Adding insult to injury is that Schweini still hat multiple opportunities for a tactical foul.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ix15dH2.jpg
4 shots on target for Bayern and 5 for Madrid (opta)

Walshy

The midfield went when Bayern took Schweinsteiger off.

They were lucky not go get hit on the break again.

Kroos did nothing. Martinez + Scheweinsteiger should of been the midfield pairing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Kroos did nothing. Martinez + Scheweinsteiger should of been the midfield pairing.
Kroos is unbelievably overrated. Just a nothing player really. Javi would have offered more or something different at least.

Jarnet87

Pep gotta tinker bruv.

Get mad at Kroos, feed him your anger. You will regret it when van Gaal has him partnering Carvalho and Shinji leads the triangle of doom.

Believe.

I simply want a fit and capable bale and Ronaldo next week, that's all. We played good, we defended good. We could of been up by a goal or two more but alas it is what it is. I was going into this game thinking we were the team worse off, injuries and what not, but I'll happily take this end score.

HALA MADRID!

Just two more games baby.. two more and we got this.

Zabojnik

It's not over :) I guess that's something.

For me it's still 60% - 40% in Bayern's favour. Madrid were very good tonight, but also quite lucky with a couple deflected shots that looked very dangerous, that balding cunt's chance near the end and some interesting situations up front. Yeah, Madrid will be able to play bunker + counter in the return match, just like today, but it's not a guarantee of anything.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
honestly, they didn't even have to do much. bayern play in such a sluggish tempo that any decent opponent could easily keep a clean sheet.
Germans don't do tiki taka. They do instructions.

Bayern will still go through.

Razgreez

Kroos is unbelievably overrated. Just a nothing player really. Javi would have offered more or something different at least.

FootballGAF loves absolutes. There's nothing over-rated nor under-rated about Kroos. He has his strengths and weaknesses just like any other player. Does he appear lazy? Yes. But his passing and shooting ability cannot be denied. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed

Blablurn

For me it's still 60% - 40% in Bayern's favour. Madrid were very good tonight, but also quite lucky with a couple deflected shots that looked very dangerous, that balding cunt's chance near the end and some interesting situations up front. Yeah, Madrid will be able to play bunker + counter in the return match, just like today, but it's not a guarantee of anything.

60% - 40% for Bayern? Naaah lol. Never.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FootballGAF loves absolutes. There's nothing over-rated nor under-rated about Kroos. He has his strengths and weaknesses just like any other player. Does he appear lazy? Yes. But his passing and shooting ability cannot be denied. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed

Exactly. And does he score a lot anyway? What use is he then? Javi is more useful out there IMO.

raven777

Ronaldo just got back from injury and he contributed to the goal by making a beautiful pass. But I still wish he scored that open chance.

Hope he gets more fit for the second round.

Walshy

Real wasn't exactly impressive either at that point. Kroos was ineffective (including all his corners that did fuck all), we should've started with Müller and Götze.
I thought Madrid were outstanding.

Modric and Alonso gave a masterclass. Contreao and Pepe played well too.

I think he's a tad overrated. He didn't give the ball away much tonight, but he offered nothing going forward. He was so good in Heynckes' Bayern and has been whenever I've seen him.

Probably just an off night.

deroli

They lost 3-0 at Bernabeu, let's not start this shit.

That was the old Dortmund, though. Kirch, Jojic and Reus in his current form would have smashed Real.

But today's match was so much better than Atléico - Chelsea. Both teams wanted to score. München had so much possession but barely any chances. Superb defending by Real - a gazillion corners, many crosses but Casillas only had to make one important save.
I still think München will advance to the final. Real destroyed us in the Bernabeu and still had to pray for that final whistle in the second leg. And if we can do it, München can do it, too.

Portugeezer

Definitely, Bayern still have the better chance to go through. One goal is nothing.

No away goal is always dangerous, doesn't matter if it's Bayern. Madrid are the favourites for me, but of course Bayern have enough quality... but even Manchester United scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom