• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
His temper concerns me. I get the feeling he's like a bomb thats been lit it just depends whether he makes it all the way to the explosives.

Great player though, but I also read that Jose wants Cavani? Which if true is dumb that they didn't get him last summer.

Probably not possible to get rid of Torres then.... or get him away from PSG. But yes, would rather have Cavani. I would be happy either way though... Actually fuck FFP, just give us both dear Uncle Roman.

raven777

Rcyp324.png

fucking Sky rating

Kiru

He'll admit that they weren't at their best and the pace was too slow.

Surprisingly he didn't in the interview 1 minute ago. He even told he didn't want to play the german style and told them to pass a lot and keep possession lol. He has a lot of optimism for the second match.

GQman2121

Banned
Probably not possible to get rid of Torres then.... or get him away from PSG. But yes, would rather have Cavani. I would be happy either way though... Actually fuck FFP, just give us both dear Uncle Roman.

For me all starts with unloading Luiz for stupid monies and getting Lampard, Cole and Torres wages off the books.

Someone mentioned yesterday that it seems Costa is all but done. If Cavani (who I also rate over Costa) would push for a move, then we would be foolish to not look into it if we can keep the books balanced.

New sponsorship deals, TV money, Mata/KdB transfers (for big profit on the books) and getting Essien off the wages with Ba, Mikel, Eto'o, some/all of Torres, possibly Lampard/Cole (or reduced wages) and money from the probable sale of Luiz (make sure we get a decent price off those cunts) - I don't see FFP being an issue. Despite the buys in recent years club seems to be taking it seriously.

Need a striker and someone else to partner Matic in the pivot - can Barkley play there? I doubt it but I want him anyway and some squad players and we'll be alright.

For me all starts with unloading Luiz for stupid monies and getting Lampard, Cole and Torres wages off the books.

Someone mentioned yesterday that it seems Costa is all but done. If Cavani (who I also rate over Costa) would push for a move, then we would be foolish to not look into it if we can keep the books balanced.

I think Lampard and Cole may well stay on less money. Cole was very good last night despite not playing for ages, Jose will be aware of that. If we did get Shaw - which won't happen for £30m, we'll get the Sevilla left back who we're pushing for in a swap deal for Marin - they will want Cole to bed him in, teach him the ropes and mentor him. As long as he doesn't suggest he gets a beard it would be very good for us.

Razgreez

Exactly. And does he score a lot anyway? What use is he then? Javi is more useful out there IMO.

It was never about scoring "a lot" with him. Much like van bommel it was/is when he scored that mattered. There where plenty of tight games where a well placed shot broke through, or flew over, the defence and ended up in the back of the net and you could literally see the enthusiasm drain from the faces of the opposition.

Players like kroos, you can't base your game around them but it would be insanity to say you would not want at least one player of that class and type in your squad

Razgreez

Surprisingly he didn't in the interview 1 minute ago. He even told he didn't want to play the german style and told them to pass a lot and keep possession lol. He has a lot of optimism for the second match.

Pep's current favourite song on his playlist must be dido - white flag

GQman2121

Banned
New sponsorship deals, TV money, Mata/KdB transfers (for big profit on the books) and getting Essien off the wages with Ba, Mikel, Eto'o, some/all of Torres, possibly Lampard/Cole (or reduced wages) and money from the probable sale of Luiz (make sure we get a decent price off those cunts) - I don't see FFP being an issue. Despite the buys in recent years club seems to be taking it seriously.

Need a striker and someone else to partner Matic in the pivot - can Barkley play there? I doubt it but I want him anyway and some squad players and we'll be alright.

I wish Van Ginkel didn't miss so much time this year so we could better assess his role. He's still so, so young.

We're clearly on the same page Steve....

giphy.gif

Pennywise

We didn't want to score until the last five or ten minutes, that's when you felt that there was a sense of urgency in our play. It's like they actually believe this stupid "Wear the opponent down" shit without trying to score. There was virtually no movement by most players that didn't have the ball. No one ran into open spaces, no one tried to run into the penalty area.

It was like they didn't care. Fuck this shit.

Coentrao had a few bad scenes, Pepe occasionally lost the ball and in an urgent moment played the dying swan. Modric though was first class, Alonso was mostly good as well.
It's not suprising.
You need to keep Real under pressure and Bayern tried to hold possesion and slowed the game down so many fucking times.

Kroos is a joke as 10 and it's such a shame someone as talented as Götze is on the bench.
As much as I hate that cunt for leaving us, but he's on a whole different level compared to Kroos.

They should have put Kroos and Martinez as 6 from the beginning.
Schweinsteiger is far from being helpful lately, and Lahm should be playing as RB with no fucking doubt.

PowderedToast

really looking forward to the second leg. if real's attack is on form they will score, they looked devastating on the counter. but if pep reverts to a more traditional shape like at the end of the umited game it could get ugly after 60 minutes, dont know how well real would cope.

I don't think pep wants to concede that his style isn't working, but theyve looked toothless in these CL games

Walshy

MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 6m
Roman Abramovich has given his blessing to Mourinho’s controversial plan to rest an entire XI against Liverpool. (Telegraph)

"Mind Games". He'll send out his first choice XI.

bud23

Great result, but this isn't over at all. The second leg is going to be a vivid nightmare, I only hope that Bale and Ronie are completely recovered for Tuesday.

I´m confident we´ll go through.

subtles

Roman Abramovich has given his blessing to Mourinho’s controversial plan to rest an entire XI against Liverpool. (Telegraph)

I don't think we'll approach the game any differently.

My biggest fear is that we expect them to sit back and they come at us at high intensity from the start.

They unsettled us at the Bridge.

Feorax

He could play any team and it wouldn't suprise me. I'm half expecting Hazard at right-back to get some fitness for Atletico.

dalVlatko

Lampard, Matic, Ramires, Mikel, Salah, and Cech are all out against Atletico.

Terry, Willian, and Hazard are pretty much the only players he can rest lol.

Lightning

Banned
Bayern have now just won 3 in last 8 games. Pep has damaged Jupp's team imo, Bayern were so good to watch last season.

Tie not over but Pep tactics are worse than Chelsea's. They are a dire team to watch.

PowderedToast

yep, he wants us to be complacent because he knows we're the better side. it's our biggest league game in forever, mou can fuck off

if we beat chelsea the league is definitely ours

TrueBlue

He's really into kissing dat RDM family

i9m3bzwk2kM1u.gif

Goddammit I will miss Luiz, as big as a window licker he can be defensively, he's my very charming nice window licker.

I feel like one of the few who wants him to stay :/

God, imagine if we won with a second XI.

Bayern have now just won 3 in last 8 games. Pep has damaged Jupp's team imo, Bayern were so good to watch last season.

Tie not over but Pep tactics are worse than Chelsea's. They are a dire team to watch.

Nonsense. They've definitely lost form, but they aren't damaged. They miss Thiago big time. Temporary blip. The problem is it's come at the worst time of the season.

And Lol at worse to watch than Chelsea.

Jarnet87

Modric would be a red devil if he'd of been at any club but Tottenham, dat United refusal. I suppose Fergie could of scouted him, but he was too busy looking for strikers ! We got Berbatov in the end, what a steal !

Fergie why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom