• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Carroll has regressed massively since we sent him to West Ham. He's nowhere near the player he was when he came on in that FA cup final.

elseanio

There was a good 3 years where there wasn't a good word said about Everton on RAWK, now we're back above them, and everything's hunky-dory again :p

Never met an Everton fan either, so have no resentment there. Whereas I have had an Arsenal fan try and convince me that we were out of order getting rid of Hodgson so early. So fuck Arsenal.

:p

Haha yeah, things change slightly when they're above us ;)

My dad and his brother grew up going to Liverpool home games one week, then Everton home games the next. Most of my opinions of football come down through my Dad, and he's always respected Everton, especially with the yearly reminder on how they supported us 25 years ago (and continue to do so).

Carroll has regressed massively since we sent him to West Ham. He's nowhere near the player he was when he came on in that FA cup final.

Wasn't he out for like half the season with injuries and then was red carded? Not that he has been good in any way, but he hasn't had the best conditions.

Feorax

Wasn't he out for like half the season with injuries and then was red carded? Not that he has been good in any way, but he hasn't had the best conditions.

He was out for long periods with us too.

I think it's partly the service he's getting tbf. Why play Jarvis and Downing as inverted wingers with Carroll leading the line?

Yen

He was out for long periods with us too.

I think it's partly the service he's getting tbf. Why play Jarvis and Downing as inverted wingers with Carroll leading the line?
Well, Downing as an out and out winger didn't do much for Carroll at Liverpool.

wedward

The prophecy was true.

Ramsey truly is the one.

The boy who lived.

He will bring balance to the force and destroy the sith.

It is his destiny.

The King has returned.

Salvadora

The prophecy was true.

Ramsey truly is the one.

The boy who lived.

He will bring balance to the force and destroy the sith.

It is his destiny.
He will lead us to FA Cup glory and another semi-trophy in the form of fourth place.

And then he will have a summer to spread his wings. No Brazil. No Hodgson. The Treble.

Salvadora

Pirlo, you're killing me.
Italian midfielder criticises former United boss for using Park as a 'guard dog' against him during a 2010 Champions League tie.

Andrea Pirlo has criticised Sir Alex Ferguson for using Ji-Sung Park to man-mark the Italian in the Champions League in 2010.

The Juventus midfielder was playing for Milan when they were thumped 7-2 on aggregate by United in the last 16 of the Champions League four years ago.

Ferguson ordered South Korean Park to man-mark Pirlo in both legs, a tactic that ultimately paid off.

But Pirlo, writing in his autobiography, insists, for him, it has blemished Ferguson's legacy.

Pirlo said: "Even Sir Alex Ferguson, the purple-nosed manager who turned Manchester United into a fearsome battleship, couldn’t resist the temptation.

"He's a man without blemish, but he ruined that purity just for a moment when it came to me. A fleeting shabbiness came over the legend that night.

"At Milan, he unleashed Park Ji-Sung to shadow me.

"He rushed about at the speed of an electron. He'd fling himself at me, his hands all over my back, trying to intimidate me.

"He'd look at the ball and not know what it was for.

"They'd programmed him to stop me. His devotion to the task was almost touching.

"Even though he was a famous player, he consented to being used as a guard dog."

Arnie

I have to buy Pirlo's book. The lingo is fucking bananas.

Saw Rodgers' speech at work. Very powerful. Thought Martinez's was, too. Especially the line about trying to deceive the wrong city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom