• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

Just Maths my dear Bacon.

Arse medical team times a formerly indestructible player, i.e Suarez=Diaby 2.0

Arse Medical team times glass=Perfection.

Multiplying negatives and positives innit.
mind-blown-2.gif

Abraxas

Isn't Arsenal going to sign that Drmic kid? He's no Berardi or Mitrovic but he's still pretty good.

His Wife was in London I'll have you know. And exactly 0 humans have ever visited London without their Husband Joining Arsenal.

This rumour was proven as a ton of moist cock I believe.

EDIT: Here is the Transfer Kayak, Next stop, Emirates Stadium.

1012056_727677230595987_310248173_n.jpg

wedward

Yeah, in truth we need:

Two new Strikers
New Winger
New DM
New Backup AM
New fullback to replace Sagna
New backup CB after Verm leaves
New backup GK once Flappy leaves.

That would be to win the treble.

A new striker, DM and RB would be enough for us to compete for the title.

Keeping the players we have healthy is more important, as this year proved.

Wilshere sucks tho

Arsenal fans in this thread really are the worst. I apologize Arnie. You were right about everything.

----------Szcz-----------
-----Mert--Kos---------
Aurier-----------Gibbs
----M'Vila/Bender----
Drax--Wilshire--Ram
------------Ozil-----------
-------Pato/Remy-----

Wenger pls.

M'Vila plays in Siberia for a reason.

Barzul

Milner might slide into the number two spot on the wishlift if I had a sniff of Reus' availability.

Might, that is.

I'm still in the market for a technically wonderful workhorse who's 75% top 100% of the time.

You'll sign Milner and he'll be shit, well definitely not as good as you seem to think he'll be. I'm sure there are 'Pool fans who thought Downing was a great signing at some point.

K1LLER7

Could just be piggybacking the TalkSport story.

Wouldn't get excited about this until someone more reliable says it's done.
Apparently it's started in Portugal.

If we've sent scouts to watch him all season. I'd hope we put a bid in for him.

Elchele

Gladbach,Dortmund,Wolfsburg are the possible clubs.

I think Dortmund already had an agreement with Ramos and they didn't want to brake it, so I doubt the interest in Drmic is still alive. Wolfsburg and Gladbach sound very likely, spcially Wolfsburg... their only good striker is Olic.

Clegg

Apparently it's started in Portugal.

If we've sent scouts to watch him all season. I'd hope we put a bid in for him.
Those kind of things sometimes get lost in translation. Like the Portuguese press take a report from English media to say the deal is done. Then the English media see the Portuguese report and recycle the story.

Fuck Kroos. Go for Rakitic who is great and cheaper. His wages wouldn't be that big anyway because he's not coming from a team in the CL.

D_prOdigy

You'll sign Milner and he'll be shit, well definitely not as good as you seem to think he'll be. I'm sure there are 'Pool fans who thought Downing was a great signing at some point.

Arsenal fans and their historic "We want Owen Coyle" aren't gonna get away with that.

L1NETT

Arsenal fans in this thread really are the worst. I apologize Arnie. You were right about everything.

Blimey charlie Wedward

What happened? Top the League nicotine patches?

:p
--

Agree 100% though. Wilshere is so goddamn talented

Posts like "What's the point of Wilshere" etc are so dim and Robbie Savage type analysis.

Barzul

I wouldn't mind signing Rakitic and playing him as the deepest midfield player. He's a Vidal type player who can play anywhere in the center of midfield.

L1NETT

Isn't Rakitic more of a number 10 type player? Or more of a midfielder who likes to get forward (could be talking out my bum bum, don't watch Sevilla much)

Both United and Arsenal have those (imo) in spades.

Personally, both need a Javi Martinez/Busquets worldie type player who can break up play, and is mint technically.

And a world class right winger for United. Valencia has the gas, but no final ball. And Mata is wasted out there.

Abraxas

Frankly, What we need is a player capable of doing the job that currently occupies two players for us. 4-1-3-1-1 is where it will be at.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I'd rather have rakitic than kroos

Give me rakitic and Big dick for 60m.

Linny, raki can play EVERYWHERE

Reminds me of Modric <33333

Clegg

Isn't Rakitic more of a number 10 type player? Or more of a midfielder who likes to get forward (could be talking out my bum bum, don't watch Sevilla much)

Both United and Arsenal have those (imo) in spades

Personally, both need a Javi Martinez/Busquets worldie type player who can break up play, and is mint technically.
If bud were still alive he'd have an aneurysm seeing your post about Martinez being good technically.

Wilbur

Banned
What about Strootman and/or Pjanic? I hear talk about how good they are but don't really follow them actively.

Both excellent. I think stroot will stay at Roma at least another year or two; CL and only did half a season there before his injury. Pjanic might go PSG or something I guess. don't think they need him, just been mooted a lot.

We should go for Benatia. Best CB in Europe this season m8

Arnie

:lol

"definitely not as good as you seem to think he'll be"

As in, as good as he currently is? Like his current level?

That's how good I expect him to be. No more, no less.

I still don't believe you've grasped my actual reasoning for signing Milner, although it was meant as a bear trap to weed out the goobers so in truth I can't complain.

Scum

Arsenal and Man Utd should just go after Martinez. Pep has no need for him. Hell, go pinch Mascherano from Barca and play him in his proper DM/MC position.

Abraxas

Arsenal and Man Utd should just go after Martinez. Pep has no need for him. Hell, go pinch Mascherano from Barca and play him in his proper DM/MC position.

I wouldn't mind Martinez, but i can't see Bayern letting him go.

Borrussia-GAF, if you haven't hung yourselves yet, is Leitner any decent?

Willy C seems like the bigger risk tbh. Paying 35m for him? Unless that figure is just postulating.

He is the bigger risk, but he's a genuine defensive midfielder which is what you guys need above all. The risk comes from his mobility. He doesn't rely on it as his timing and positioning to break up attacks is superb. However no one knows how that will translate when going to a league with better attacks across the board.

Both United and Arsenal have those (imo) in spades.

And a world class right winger for United. Valencia has the gas, but no final ball. And Mata is wasted out there.

He can play in numerous midfield positions. He can play the #10 role, but also play in a midfield 2 and be the creative type. He's the perfect compliment to someone like Carvalho who isn't that mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom