• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berlin, Berlin. Wir fahren nach BerliN!

Mikhi is in a great form. Awesome.
Reus is basically just floating around and being awesome too. But I can't help but feel like he might have already made up his mind about leaving.
If so, I hope he plays an insane WC so we get offers in excess of 50m. Though I fear the red fucks with their dirty tactics will dump millions into his account for him to abstain from signing with other clubs. Hope they get fucked by red devils tomorrow. But alas, at least we'll still get 35m on that 2015 clause and get to keep him for another year.

YNWA

deroli

Berlin, Berlin, wir fahren nach Berlin!

We were a *little* bit lucky today, though. Wolfsburg had enough chances for 2 or 3 games but missed even their most promising opportunities. I feel less thrilled than two weeks ago, when we beat them after being 0:1 down, but the only thing that matters is that we made it to the final again.

And remember people: Don't stop dreaming

velociraptor

Finally, a win for Arsenal in the league.

I can't believe we dropped from challenging the title to challenging for fourth spot.

Fucking embarrassing.

Podolski and Cazorla were great tonight. But I am still distraught over that 10 point gap. We were well ahead of Liverpool in January FFS.

Arnie

Milner might slide into the number two spot on the wishlift if I had a sniff of Reus' availability.

Might, that is.

I'm still in the market for a technically wonderful workhorse who's 75% top 100% of the time.

K1LLER7

Milner might slide into the number two spot on the wishlift if I had a sniff of Reus' availability.

Might, that is.

I'm still in the market for a technically wonderful workhorse who's 75% top 100% of the time.
Tunnicliffe and Cleverley fit the description.

Stay away from Bebe.

Salvadora

Yeah, in truth we need:

Two new Strikers
New Winger
New DM
New Backup AM
New fullback to replace Sagna
New backup CB after Verm leaves
New backup GK once Flappy leaves.
Look, Football at this level is about putting the ball in the back of the net.

Get someone who can do that and we'll be fine.

LTWheels

Might, that is.

I'm in the Milner train as well. I think he will be more useful than Konoplyanka. No need to adjust to the league, and I've read that one of Kono's weaknesses is that he can run into blind allays. I'm sure Brendan would be able to coach it out of him, but staying in the top 4 is important next year. Our new signings this summer need to be good enough to hit the ground running. Leave the bringing players through to those already in our academy. The only downside of Milner will be his wages... Maybe we could get City to pay a proportion of them.

Obviously Reus would top that completely but it's very unlikely that we will sign him.

velociraptor

Yeah, in truth we need:

Two new Strikers
New Winger
New DM
New Backup AM
New fullback to replace Sagna
New backup CB after Verm leaves
New backup GK once Flappy leaves.
I'll be fine with a new striker, winger, right back and defensive midfielder.

Sell Arteta and Giroud.

K1LLER7

Next season:

---------- De Goat -------

Rafa - Jones - Evans - Shaw

------ Kroos - Carvalho ------

Adnan --- Mata --- Kagawa

------- Rooney/RVP -------

Treble Winners.

phaze

Gif of Girouds goal?

wimndgpk5w.gif

Did anyone gif the Giroud first half miss that everyone was talking about?

I assume you mean this
via Arsenalist
gargantuanselfreliantxek3b.gif

I really like Everton but please, please bottle it the Tottenham way.

LegoArmo

4 signings would probably do for United, 5 would be preferable.

Left back, centre back, 2 midfielders and a winger.

Is that unrealistic?

velociraptor

I hope Moyes doesn't think by getting Carvalho it's job done this summer.

He needs to buy at least 6 players this summer.
Pisses me off knowing that struggling clubs like man utd will invest heavily whereas we've been struggling for 10 years and sign fuck all. We get 1 player per season but sell all our stars in the process.

Abraxas

I'll be fine with a new striker, winger, right back and defensive midfielder.

Sell Arteta and Giroud.

----------Szcz-----------
-----Mert--Kos---------
Aurier-----------Gibbs
----M'Vila/Bender----
Drax--Wilshire--Ram
------------Ozil-----------
-------Pato/Remy-----

Wenger pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom