• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaby is done. He has been done for the past 2 seasons. Once his contract is up he will go back to France and maybe play a couple of games a season. It's sad because he had tons of talent but a shitty tackle ruined his career. It'll be nice when we replace him with ClevGod.
Wenger could make him good decent.

Lightning

Banned
The issue was the way he left and his subsequent shitting on the club and the fans in every interview he gave. This is why we boo his every touch and you have thousands of people calling him a cunt whenever he comes near to their side of the pitch while Clichy has his name applauded.
Bingo we have the problem. Nasri was not at the club long enough to form emotional attachments with the fans and vice versa but his constant shitting on us every opportunity is what winds everyone up regarding him.

Scum

Diaby is done. He has been done for the past 2 seasons. Once his contract is up he will go back to France and maybe play a couple of games a season. It's sad because he had tons of talent but a shitty tackle ruined his career. It'll be nice when we replace him with ClevGod.

No. Diaby shouldn't play anymore. He might be one injury away from completely fucking his legs over. He really should sit down and consider giving it up, as terrible as it may be.

subtles

It kind of blows over my head, with all of the title talk, how amazing achieving automatic qualification is. Summer business should go smoothly without qualifiers.

It kind of blows over my head, with all of the title talk, how amazing achieving automatic qualification is. Summer business should go smoothly without qualifiers.

Arnie said it at the time, but imagine how you'd have reacted last summer to being told we'd have third wrapped up 3 games before the end of the season, and it'd be a footnote to our immediate aims?

Meier

Bingo we have the problem. Nasri was not at the club long enough to form emotional attachments with the fans and vice versa but his constant shitting on us every opportunity is what winds everyone up regarding him.

I'd recommend you read the interview if you haven't. It's pretty illuminating -- especially about the perception and treatment of Muslim players back in France. Provides some good insight into a few things. He was very complimentary about Arsene. As Viva said, he was mostly right about everything including the United situation.

Salvadora

Hate that we have to play Champions League qualifiers every year these days.

In that sense, I'm praying for Liverpool ( + Crystal Palace) to get results against Chelsea and the equivalent for City. We could still pip third.

In that sense, I'm praying for Liverpool ( + Crystal Palace) to get results against Chelsea and the equivalent for City. We could still pip third.

I knew Brendan would bring you round

This week it's hoping we win so you can come third, next week you'll be wearing a Liverpool shirt and singing YNWA :p

edit: Me and Zabo got dat synergy

subtles

Arnie said it at the time, but imagine how you'd have reacted last summer to being told we'd have third wrapped up 3 games before the end of the season, and it'd be a footnote to our immediate aims?

It's incredible. We were hoping to be in the mix at the beginning of the season but have achieved so much more.

Just imagine if we managed to go all the way. Unbelievable.

Salvadora

I knew Brendan would bring you round

This week it's hoping we win so you can come third, next week you'll be wearing a Liverpool shirt and singing YNWA :p
Like death, the inevitability of Liverpool winning the title has won me round.

Just hoping Arsenal win the FA Cup now so we can be spared the wrath of Liverpool fans on the rampage.

its totally possible Man City could bomb and end 5th

Think they'll win tomorrow, need Everton to be in the fight when they goto Goodison. That'd give us the extra room for error which I think we'll need, especially if we drop points on Sunday with a trip to Selhurst Park to come.

Feels like pretty much all of our games have been on TV over the last 3 months

faridmon

RIP Tito. My Full Condolences to his family and friends and anyone at Barca!
His Barca contribution may be even bigger than pep himself. He will be missed!

Sad day!

Think they'll win tomorrow, need Everton to be in the fight when they goto Goodison. That'd give us the extra room for error which I think we'll need, especially if we drop points on Sunday with a trip to Selhurst Park to come.

Feels like pretty much all of our games have been on TV over the last 3 months

I don't think Man City will win, I expect a 1-1 draw if anything, theres even a chance CP could beat them. They beat Chelsea after all.

faridmon

Its really incredible how the media have focused on Us and you lot fighting for the 4th while Chelsea and Man City could very well end up outside it too!

Salvadora

Sounds like Sagna is gone.

That means we need to buy at minimum a striker, defensive mid, right back and backup keeper.
Thought it was always more likely that he would leave once he hadn't signed a new contract past Christmas.

Will be absolutely livid if/when we go onto the market and buy an inexperienced RB to replace him.
Its really incredible how the media have focused on Us and you lot fighting for the 4th while Chelsea and Man City could very well end up outside it too!
If one of those clubs does fall out of the top four (or end the season really poorly), guarantee they won't be crucified for it like we've been for a drop in form/results.

Meier

its totally possible Man City could bomb and end 5th

I'm not going to say that's impossible, but we would need to get 3 points (or less) from these 4 opponents and Everton would have to win out.

@Crystal Palace
@Everton
v Aston Villa
v West Ham United

That would be pretty unlikely. Chelsea have Cardiff and Norwich left and 1 win would guarantee top 4 for them.

L1NETT

While Chambers is linked with you Wedward, I reckon you need a more finished article to replace Sagna. (edit: Salva'd there)

Debuchy makes far too much sense, like Loic Remy did.

Still think Arsenal need to at least investigate Lukaku too.

Agreed that a robust midfielder is needed, (pretty sure someone was arguing in the Summer that you didn't need one). Basically need the next Gilberto Silva.

I don't think Man City will win, I expect a 1-1 draw if anything, theres even a chance CP could beat them. They beat Chelsea after all.

I think they'll win purely because they'll be expecting a difficult match, and they have to win. City's poor results seem to come about when they expect to win or lose their focus because they almost believe their own hype

subtles

tumblr_mmpma3xOBq1r1fq7do1_400.gif

tumblr_mmpma3xOBq1r1fq7do2_400.gif

tumblr_msaemwEWKJ1ruzhcvo1_250.gif

Get well soon. It was sad to hear him admit he doesn't do the celebration much anymore. I wonder if he got stick for it?

Debuchy is shit.

Go for Coleman.

Pretty much

Everton will be very, very reluctant to sell such a fantastic player to their closest competitor though. Maybe it'd give them the funds for Barry and Lukaku though, who knows.

(If Lukaku would be willing to stay there, which would be best for his career imo)

Meier

I think they'll win purely because they'll be expecting a difficult match, and they have to win. City's poor results seem to come about when they expect to win or lose their focus because they almost believe their own hype

Yaya is apparently going to play versus Palace which will help. I feel pretty confident that we'll win convincingly over Palace but ya never know. @ Stoke with Pulis in charge was always a tough game.

Silva is expected to play the final game of the season -- he being back by himself should get us a win over West Ham.

wedward

While Chambers is linked with you Wedward, I reckon you need a more finished article to replace Sagna. (edit: Salva'd there)

Debuchy makes far too much sense, like Loic Remy did.

Still think Arsenal need to at least investigate Lukaku too.

Agreed that a robust midfielder is needed, (pretty sure someone was arguing in the Summer that you didn't need one). Basically need the next Gilberto Silva.

I'd like Chambers, but we already have Jenkinson. Definitely need the finished article.

I still think Remy will be our backup if we can't get someone better.

Think Schneiderlin is most realistic for CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom