• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really does piss me off how much praise he's getting for using Stones even though Moyes only bought him last January. Some serious retrospective editing of Moyes' time there, unfortunately.

Dunno.

Moyes got credit for using Januzaj.

I know it's different but Martinez has given him his chance and seemingly coached him well. He deserves a portion of the praise too.

Wilbur

Banned
Cunt also refused to use Oviedo. Remember who he scored the winner against? Go write another blog post about it bby

I could write ten thousand words on the irrelevancy of Oviedo

He scored a winner against moyeschester united

congrats

so achievement
such good

phaze

32 League, 9 Cl, 8 Cope del Ray games. Most of them as a starter.

gets booed off the pitch by the fans.

Huh didn't know that. What did he do to deserve that. Overall form ?

Some fans and media have made hin the scapegoat to Barca's meh season.

He's been booed at the Nou Camp a few times apparently. Media pushing to say he's for sale. Board want to keep him.

Up to Fabregas in the end. I wouldn't waste all our efforts on him. Doubt he'll move.

Ah I see.

Yay Southampton !

Hixx

You know the more I watch Stones the more I'd take him over Jones or Smalling to the WC.

It's not often defenders are good to watch (unless it's Nono Toure and Pamperchu) but he is.

I could write ten thousand words on the irrelevancy of Oviedo

He scored a winner against moyeschester united

congrats

so achievement
such good

Considering how wrong they usually are, I have no doubt you could write one like that. Better than Baines this season.

It's not often defenders are good to watch (unless it's Nono Toure and Pamperchu) but he is.

They were high as fuck yesterday though. Jesus.

Wilbur

Banned
Dunno.

Moyes got credit for using Januzaj.

I know it's different but Martinez has given him his chance and seemingly coached him well. He deserves a portion of the praise too.

Yeah he's given him a chance, and he's playing well

But he's only playing because Jagielka is injured for one thing (it's like giving Moyes praise for the accidental good performance against Newcastle innit), and I've seen the sentence "youngsters promoted by Martinez like Stones" numerous times in media pieces, when he arrived half a year before Martinez did.

It's the same with Barkley; of course he's playing better under Martinez than he did Moyes, but there was mad fuss about him starting at places like the Emirates when he did exactly the same last year.

I must seem like I really care about Moyes and Everton :lol. I don't really, the constant revisionism just confuses me a bit.

Walshy

You know the more I watch Stones the more I'd take him over Jones or Smalling to the WC.

Yeah, he's brilliant.

Smalling shouldn't be anywhere near the World Cup squad.

Wilbur

Banned

Think it's a bit early for him, he hasn't played a minute for England; doesn't know the group or took part in the qualifying. Get him in immediately after though for shorez.

Considering how wrong they usually are, I have no doubt you could write one like that. Better than Baines this season.

They were high as fuck yesterday though. Jesus.

I don't think Baines has been particularly fantastic though, so he might have been better yeah.

He will be sold to Nordsjaelland within a year #betonit #cornelius2.0

i do actually think he's decent

shit grass pattern on the pitch

It really is

I must seem like I really care about Moyes and Everton :lol. I don't really, the constant revisionism just confuses me a bit.

I don't care about Martinez and Everton, but here's my post number 200 whinging about how he gets too much praise there, and how David Moyes is a better manager.
Zioey3m.png

Hixx

Think it's a bit early for him, he hasn't played a minute for England; doesn't know the group or took part in the qualifying. Get him in immediately after though for shorez.

So fuck. He's better than Smalling by a magnitude of Jessica Nigri's forehead.

TeddyBoy

Since Jagielka hasn't played since the end of February and England are short of CBs who play every week for their clubs, I was wondering who we'd start with at the world cup with Cahill.

I don't really fancy playing Dawson at the world cup but England will have to pick someone and fairly soon.

Wilbur

Banned
It really is

I don't care about Martinez and Everton, but here's my post number 200 whinging about how he gets too much praise there, and how David Moyes is a better manager.
Zioey3m.png

I said I don't really care. That implies I care a bit, baby.

So fuck. He's better than Smalling by a magnitude of Jessica Nigri's forehead.

Smalling gets a bit of a bad rap I think, he's utterly shite at right back but keeps getting played there. I don't think he's shown anything particularly special for a while, but I quite like him.

Needs to get rid of that fucking useless beard though.

Hixx

lol Everton.

What a way to lose the battle for fourth.

One more own goal to equal the record I think.

Set by Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom