• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine they would have sold Lewa...

Well they could have done that but choose not to - so I either assume there was some calculation back in place what happens after Lewandowski leaves for free or I fear the team will be even thinner stretched and weaker next season. To compete you have to spend money and I think I read somewhere that 30 million Euro are available ...

Sounds like LvG is bringing his own GK coach.

Woodsy noooo!

Man, in like 20 years I really hope people look back and say "hey remember that year Moyes was United manager! Hahaha". Louis please give us our willies back.

Clegg

Can see LVG going for Strootman. Maybe not this summer because of his injury, but definitely the next if his form is good.

Sounds like LvG is bringing his own GK coach.

Woodsy noooo!

Man, in like 20 years I really hope people look back and say "hey remember that year Moyes was United manager! Hahaha". Louis please give us our willies back.

Makes sense. Wilbur doesn't want the gk to hoof it up the field and the new gk coach will help de Gea with ball skills. Would have been cool if VDS became the gk coach, but he already has a role with Ajax.

Makes sense. Wilbur doesn't want the gk to hoof it up the field and the new gk coach will help de Gea with ball skills. Would have been cool if VDS became the gk coach, but he already has a role with Ajax.
Yeah was inevitable, I am just sad for DeGod. So much turbulence in such a young mans life.

Is Kluivert sure there isn't a better club after him who'd be much more greatful for his services?
Better club?

We Man United m8.

L1NETT

You would think that being in the same team as someone, you would see enough team sheets & names on shirts to be able to spell their names.

Mcall and Carboni got me

Don't think spelling is Dean's strong point

Insulted he didn't pick Wetherall though!

Turner my arse.

Linius

Be ready United, it's going to be very Dutch in Manchester from now on. Van Gaal usually only works with his own people. And I wouldn't be surprised if he went shopping in the Eredivisie too :p

Mastadon

Banned
The first category could pretty much be anyone. The second category is almost certainly Alberto.

Think it's far more likely to be Aspas to be honest. Seems like Alberto has had plenty of opportunities to play more minutes, especially as a sub coming on to control matches towards the end of the game. Aspas has been limited in playing time because of the brilliance on Suarez and Sturridge, and Rodgers has praised his attitude in training before.

Lucas or Johnson would be the leading candidates for the first category I guess.

Be ready United, it's going to be very Dutch in Manchester from now on. Van Gaal usually only works with his own people. And I wouldn't be surprised if he went shopping in the Eredivisie too :p
We are ready.

Cunts, cunts everywhere.

Give me Clasie and Maher. Who's the best Ajax kid. We will have him too.

WJD

Can't think of any Dutch players bar Strootman that I'd actually want at United. Any superstar young players coming through at the moment?

Blablurn

408230541-tito-vilanova-trauer-NSef.jpg

33553159-tito-vilanova-trauer-Pief.jpg

82345364-tito-vilanova-trauer-PSef.jpg

1503205785-tito-vilanova-trauer-Q7ef.jpg

:(

K1LLER7

Greg Stobart
"Van Gaal to Manchester United is a done deal. He'll be the next manager - just a matter of when it's officially signed and announced. Some United execs known to be worried about Van Gaal's arrogance and combustible nature - but the Glazers wanted a winner #MUFC"

------

So I guess we play 4-3-3 next season. Been a while.

Clegg

Gonna do a Yurt and look up the highest rated young Dutch players on WhoScored.

This empirical and irrefutable analysis points my to Jetro Willems and Memphis Depay.

Linius

What about Van Rhijin(?) think he's a CB?
Awsome on FIFA lol.

If you think you can come and get Van Rhijn you better think twice.

Though on the other hand we have Ligeon who's development went pretty fast and he should be able to fill in the RB spot.

Here's more from the BBC Radio 5 live interview with journalist Marcel van der Kraan, of Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, who broke the Louis van Gaal story this morning: "Louis van Gaal was offered the Tottenham job in the first week of January by Daniel Levy. Mr Levy flew to Holland and met van Gaal in his Dutch penthouse. They discussed for many hours the possibility of taking over immediately.

"Louis van Gaal said 'no sorry I can't do that, never in my club career or national coach career have I done two jobs at the same time. I don't want to be spending my time working between two different employers'.

"Van Gaal agreed [to defer talks with Spurs], then somewhere he was tipped off it would be handy to wait for an even bigger job.

"When he was tipped there could be an even bigger job he did hang on, fruitfully as Manchester United did ask him to have talks."

Poor Tim

Linius

Gonna do a Yurt and look up the highest rated young Dutch players on WhoScored.

This empirical and irrefutable analysis points my to Jetro Willems and Memphis Depay.

The highest rated Dutch player on whoscored is Veltman followed by Depay and Immers.

Will wait for any official confirmation but I don't see us challenging for any major honours next year or even the one after.

There is too much work to do.

I hope LvG can begin to restructure the team to move it into the moden era. Look at how all the clubs in the top 8 play and then look at us (Spurs aside lol). We have fallen off the tracks somewhere. He's a nutter but if he can get us moving back in the right direction and build something for the next man to take on, that'll do.

Of course this doesn't mean we keep finishing 7th. We have to climb the table.

Wilbur

Banned
Will wait for any official confirmation but I don't see us challenging for any major honours next year or even the one after.

I hope LvG can begin to restructure the team to move it into the moden era. Look at how all the clubs in the top 8 play and then look at us (Spurs aside lol). We have fallen off the tracks somewhere. He's a nutter but if he can get us moving back in the right direction and build something for the next man to take on, that'll do.

Yeah, agreed. So much work to do. Just makes me marvel even more at what Fergie was continually able to achieve over his reign.

WJD

Gonna use the same expectations as I had for Moyes at the beginning of this season:

Champions League football and a decent FA Cup run. Doesn't seem like too much to ask for a club of this size.

Gonna use the same expectations as I had for Moyes at the beginning of this season:

Champions League football and a decent FA Cup run. Doesn't seem like too much to ask for a club of this size.
Yeah for sure.

I just mean that the most valuable job he can do for us in this stint is to actually give the team a new identity. We were a lot more sophisticated back in 07-09 and then we went backwards to a very basic and functional team. Not good enough anymore, have to be more ambitious and idealistic in how the team is set up and LvG seems like a chap who will try that at least.

This is main opposition to Giggs. I think the man management and leading United side of things would be easy for him. But who the fuck knows about his football ideas.

Carvalho for 35 million is a mistake.

don't buy in the summer. wait till January after Sporting out of the CL and offer no more than 20 million, maybe even 15. they'll take it.

We are not Benfica. The next season has been projected, we are spending next to no money in new transfers so leaving the CL after the group stage won't affect us much financially, I would actually believe that it's pretty much expected.
That's the difference between us and Benfica right now. You are going to spend another 30+ M this summer , on top a 50M loan you have to pay by January, and that's why you are so dependent on doing extremely well on Europe.
William Carvalho won't be sold by less than the buyout clause, we are reaching a stability financially and we no longer have the need to sell cheap.
We are promoting at least 4 players from the reserves and from loans to the main squad, those will be our biggest "transfers" for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom