• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Going back a few years and reading an old football thread here.

On the subject of Kenwyne Jones..

"He's a great player. Wish Liverpool had signed him"

NAME AND SHAME

(don't)

--

Sal, ME3 had big issues (for me how it turned into a bland corridor shooter will blander characters (compared to 1 +2) with no sense of scale/exploration. Also how your decisions from previous games did not matter that much.

But, the way the genophage and Geth/Quarian Arcs wrapped was fucking great.

Mordin man.

GorillaJu

Going back a few years and reading an old football thread here.

On the subject of Kenwyne Jones..

"He's a great player. Wish Liverpool had signed him"

Check out the thread during the Chelsea Barça CL fiasco. My favorite was a Man Utd fan saying "This is the supposed best player in the world? We are going to steam roll Barça if they make it through"

Salvadora

Sal, ME3 had big issues (for me how it turned into a bland corridor shooter will blander characters (compared to 1 +2) with no sense of scale/exploration. Also how your decisions from previous games did not matter that much.

But, the way the genophage and Geth/Quarian Arcs wrapped was fucking great.

Mordin man.
It was also far too long.

There were some high points, yes, but I felt like the ending overshadowed legitimate points of contention with many parts of that game.

Bioware are right next to Bethesda now in terms of people who I will treat with a very high level of caution. Fool me one, etc.

Carbonox

I've only played 4 Bioware games:

Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3

The first two are dogshit.

The KOTOR games look really interesting - maybe they'll do some new generation version of that as I'd definitely be interested.

Kikarian

Look what Luke Shaw favourited...

BlVmiV_CMAEdZO5.jpg

1380872782860.gif

Scum

This gen is just an extension of the last one. Publishers won't let their devs be adventurous and are sticking to safe, focused tested games to please the hardly-cores.
There'll be great titles no doubt, but it'll be all about looking great. E3 should be hilarious.

-

Baldur's Gate series. The greatest thing for Bioware to be involved in. Until EA showed up.

K1LLER7

£30m for Shaw. He better be good at United.

Dat young back line:

-------- De Gea --------
Rafa - Jones - Evans - Shaw

Now to get Willy C and Reus

Hixx

Fabio Borini favourited about 3000 'pls sign for safc pls pls' tweets

e5YuU.gif

-

RIP in Piece good Bungie music. Wonder where Marty ends up.

-

Are the cunting Ubisoft servers working yet?

YES

THEY ARE

GOOD BYE

I'm really surprised at the amount of people that prefer the DS4 controller over the Xbox One's. Having had the chance to use it for a few days, it feels tighter and of substantially better build quality than Sony's offering. The sticks in particular are fantastic

I've pretty much missed out on the PS3 last gen, damn thing kept breaking. More than likely to get another one than go PS4. It needs to drop down to £250 before I even consider it.

Zabojnik

I'm really surprised at the amount of people that prefer the DS4 controller over the Xbox One's. Having had the chance to use it for a few days, it feels tighter and of substantially better build quality than Sony's offering. The sticks in particular are fantastic

Will have to try one. If it's anything like the 360 controller, it's shit.

Btw, does the XB1 controller work on PC?

L1NETT

RIP in Piece good Bungie music. Wonder where Marty ends up.

343 pls

When I am yelling about how shite Halo 5 is I wanna make sure it sounds good when I am.

Frankie pls

---

I thought for shaw he would end up at Chelsea

Ha

(still think he will)

Well that got Qin'd.

qindarka

Banned
Chelsea are having second thoughts about trying to sign Luke Shaw due to competition for the Southampton left-back sending his price soaring.

The Blues had made Shaw one of their top summer targets alongside Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa and were prepared to pay £20million.

But Chelsea are having doubts because Manchester United are ready to spend up to £30m on Shaw as they attempt to strengthen their squad after a miserable campaign.

United are growing in confidence they will succeed with a bid and are prepared to pay the 18-year-old £85,000-a-week.

While Chelsea remain huge admirers of Shaw, there is concern over a large portion of their transfer budget going on a player still unproven at the highest level.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...united-prepare-30m-luke-shaw-bid-9264257.html

WJD

yes Meus!

asymmetrical sticks fo life

a battery life that isn't utterly criminal helps the XBO controller's cause considerably too

bjaelke

[Chelsea's] Andreas Christensen, described as a ‘gazelle’ by pretty much anyone who has ever watched him play, turned 18 on April 10. He earns £20,000 a week and has not made a first team appearance.
e5YuU.gif

Kikarian

I only used the Xbox One controller briefly but I didn't really like it that much. You had to elongate your finger to reach the bumper buttons.

L1NETT

Zabo did Microsoft steal your lunch money or something haha

Xbone has no games
360 pad sucks
Halo needs to die

Pls

Just pls

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pirlo and Gattuso:

My face, with its fixed expression, doesn't let on what I'm thinking. But therein lies the beauty. I can make up the craziest stories, say the most ridiculous things to my team-mates and everyone thinks I'm being deadly serious. They don't realise what's happening and I have a whale of a time. I'll be smiling inside, but outwardly completely impassive as I plot my next joke. And sometimes it's cost me a slap, particularly when Rino Gattuso was around.

101944_heroa.jpg

Rino's always been my favourite target, top of the table by some distance. This despite the fact that on several occasions he's tried to kill me with a fork. During meal times at Milanello, we'd invent all sorts to torment him and put him on the spot. When he got his verbs wrong (pretty much the whole time), we'd jump on him immediately. And then when he actually got them right, we'd make out that it was still wrong just to wind him up even more. Me, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Abbiati, Oddo: that was the group of bast***s right there.

You could see the red mist coming down and he just wasn't able to hide it. We could tell what was coming and so we'd commandeer all the knives. Gattuso would grab a fork and try to stick it in us. On more than one occasion, he struck his intended target and the fork sank into our skin. We were as soft as tuna; the kind you can cut with a breadstick. Some of us ended up missing games because of one of Rino's fork attacks, even if the official explanation from the club was one of “muscle fatigue”.

there's more but it'll ruin the (£9.99) book :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Always thought the ending of Mass Effect 3 took away attention from it being a shit game.

Definitely. I hated it long before the ending, clearly rushed to market and undercooked in every department. The ending was just the final insult.

I think Under Armour's Spurs kits have been decent, it's been a while since we've had a genuinely ugly kit. I hate yellow stripes on the shirts though.

Scum

Definitely. I hated it long before the ending, clearly rushed to market and undercooked in every department. The ending was just the final insult.

I think Under Armour's Spurs kits have been decent, it's been a while since we've had a genuinely ugly kit. I hate yellow stripes on the shirts though.

Rushed? Undercooked?? EA, innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom