• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited and feeling confident about today's game, I hope we don't play possession football trying to keep Barca away, I just want full on gun-ho attacking play.

MADRID!

WJD

Do think Madrid will win tonight, maybe even comfortably. Thought they were the better team by some distance in the last Clasico, even though they lost. Weirdly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta is out again with another "we're a buying club not a selling one herp derp" statement. This will be fucking embarrassing after we sell Pogba to Madrid in a few months.

P0JNw1L.jpg

I forgot he existed.

Still tempted to get XB1 for 350.

If you want one then do it! Theres load of great stuff to play. We know what parts of the MS line-up will be for 2014 and 2015... it depends whether that appeals to you. The resolution stuff is annoying but I cant say I was bothered whilst playing the games. Prices are where they should be...

just me or is this the most underwhelming console generation in the history of gaming?

Well its only been going for 6 months. It doesnt help that Sony have utterly and entirely dropped the ball on releasing exclusive for PS4 so far, based on sales so far it doesnt matter, cant say i'll be investing in a PS4 until they release more stuff though.

Jarnet87

I can't blame myself or other United fans for being full on muppets, it's just what the club has done to us. Every year the papers/websites link us with about 100 players. then we here about speculation that said players would love to join United. then we get the rumors that we are really interesting in bringing a player in and negotiations have started. Days go bye, weeks, maybe months and it's still rumors. Then they get signed by Chelsea, City, Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern, or PSG within the span of 3 days.

Such is the life of a Manchester United Transfer Muppet.

Jack cw

looool

That's proper ridiculous. When Götze was still with us, Reus just signed for us lol

I just love how this paper put stories out of their asses. Reus had two offers. One from Dortmund, one from Bayern and he decided pro Dortmund. English press is on fire lately with their out of this world bullshit. Those "articles" read like some fan fiction.

WJD

I just love how this paper put stories out of their asses. Reus had two offers. One from Dortmund, one from Bayern and he decided pro Dortmund. English press is on fire lately with their out of this world bullshit. Those "articles" read like some fan fiction.

Is this your first transfer window?

Kikarian

At least it's fun

Uus4Plt.png

Slizz

Muppet mode is so dumb, its so interesting that its such a big deal in football but nowhere near as much in US sports. Part of that has to be the diversity of sports in the US compared to Europe where it's basically just one sport.

US sports fans get hyped and muppet mode activated when a player has a physical visit with the team or when a major superstar becomes a free agent(Lebron, A-Rod etc.) not when some random tweet comes or fake quotes surface.

EDIT: I should clarify each major US team does have a small contingent constantly in muppet mode.

WJD

Muppet mode is so dumb, its so interesting that its such a big deal in football but nowhere near as much in US sports. Part of that has to be the diversity of sports in the US compared to Europe where it's basically just one sport.

US sports fans get hyped and muppet mode activated when a player has a physical visit with the team or when a major superstar becomes a free agent(Lebron, A-Rod etc.) not when some random tweet comes or fake quotes surface.

EDIT: I should clarify each major US team does have a small contingent constantly in muppet mode.

Eh, US Sport transfers are often a lot less glamorous due to the general lack of transfer fee. It's all just contract worth and such and doesn't get people quite as excited/interested as say, the £1bn Neymar transfer. Something like LeBron to Miami is obviously a big deal, but those kind of things a few and far between.

Jack cw

So I guess Kroos' agent's comments should put an end to the whole "Kroos to United in 2014" rumors. Will stay at Bayern until at least 2015.

Bayern would only let him go this summer if United offered a transfer bid over 40 million EUR, which is ridiculous for a player with one year left in his contract. I'm pretty relaxed with Kroos and Bayern, the have more than a year to agree over an extension.

What would interest me, is what Pep is planing in defence. We have only one worldclass CB with Boateng and van Buyten is about to leave, Dante lacking his superior 2013 form and Martinez is obviously no centre back.

Salvadora

So I guess Kroos' agent's comments should put an end to the whole "Kroos to United in 2014" rumors. Will stay at Bayern until at least 2015.
Guess this is your first time at the races.

It won't be over until the summer transfer window literally ends or he signs a new contract.

Slizz

Eh, US Sport transfers are often a lot less glamorous due to the general lack of transfer fee. It's all just contract worth and such and doesn't get people quite as excited/interested as say, the £1bn Neymar transfer. Something like LeBron to Miami is obviously a big deal, but those kind of things a few and far between.

Yeah I agree, but its the constant misinformation and fabricated stories are drastically different between the two.

Meier

Yeah I agree, but its the constant misinformation and fabricated stories are drastically different between the two.

Main difference is the fact that there are just so many different sports, topics of interest, etc. here to report on. Football news is literally as big as it gets there. They just use it as a means to sell papers and get clicks.. here in the US, they leave the sports reporting mostly to the outlets devoted to it unless something is formalized. Mainstream newspaper press there is far more sensational.

I'll be disappointed if Shaw ends up at United. If we miss on him and Alberto (probably to Madrid), that'd be a real shame.

LTWheels

Apparent Sturridge's dad has said that he is out for Norwich, but is borderline for Chelsea.

I expect to see him on the bench for that game.

Meier

Checking out the album from UK band Temples. Man, disappointed I'm a few months behind on this -- it's really fucking good. Saw a comparison of Beatles meets Tame Impala which is actually pretty accurate.

Meier

King_Moc

Banned
Checking out the album from UK band Temples. Man, disappointed I'm a few months behind on this -- it's really fucking good. Saw a comparison of Beatles meets Tame Impala which is actually pretty accurate.

Yeah, it's not too shabby, that album. They come from the town next to mine. They are literally the only good thing to ever come from Kettering.

De Gea

Rafael Jones ? Shaw

William ?

Januzaj Mata Reus

Rppmney

Subs - Lindegaard, Jevans, Smallings, Marwan, Kagawa, Welbz, Wilson

Manager - ?

It's coming together!

Wilbur

Banned
My mom saw the Queen when the Irish president was visiting Windsor last week (?) and they had a parade beforehand Wooden moonlighting as a British armed services member.

(It's only a slight resemblance to be honest but I thought of it immediately when reading her blog post)

Apparently Charles made eye contact with my dad and waved back at him. That's kinda neat: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q83KtQ5u4P4/U02PHfAwsHI/AAAAAAABgXw/B2kB1Vj9uNo/s1600/P1030719.JPG

hahahahhahahahaha brilliant

Meier

Yeah, it's not too shabby, that album. They come from the town next to mine. They are literally the only good thing to ever come from Kettering.

I'm pretty much blown away by this (only up to Test of Time but every track has been really fucking good) -- will go into frequent rotation immediately. The guy on the radio mentioned Noel said they were the best new band in Britain so I had to listen as soon as I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom