• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm pretty much blown away by this (only up to Test of Time but every track has been really fucking good) -- will go into frequent rotation immediately. The guy on the radio mentioned Noel said they were the best new band in Britain so I had to listen as soon as I could.

Keep in the Dark was one of the best songs of last year imo.

Noel Gallagher? He once said that about Proud Mary as well, so always take his opinions with a pinch of salt...

Meier

Keep in the Dark was one of the best songs of last year imo.

Noel Gallagher? He once said that about Proud Mary as well, so always take his opinions with a pinch of salt...

I feel like he signed them to his label as I recall so he kinda had to! Don't think I ever even listened to any of their music.

Hixx

@hixxitk: #safc will sign at least 10 players this summer, up to half of them being midfielders

bookmark this post

WJD

Doing pro bono some legal work with a group and the girl who insisted on writing up the letter of advice must be fucking illiterate. She's just sent it to me to "check grammar and structure" and it's incomprehensible. I kept trying to force my way into writing the bloody thing in meetings but she was adamant she was doing it. I'm gonna have to practically re-write the whole thing to save us from embarrassment before it's handed in.

Fuck group work. Even un-assessed group work.

Doing pro bono some legal work with a group and the girl who insisted on writing up the letter of advice must be fucking illiterate. She's just sent it to me to "check grammar and structure" and it's incomprehensible. I kept trying to force my way into writing the bloody thing in meetings but she was adamant she was doing it. I'm gonna have to practically re-write the whole thing to save us from embarrassment before it's handed in.

Kids these days.

K1LLER7

Doing pro bono some legal work with a group and the girl who insisted on writing up the letter of advice must be fucking illiterate. She's just sent it to me to "check grammar and structure" and incomprehensible. I kept trying to force my way into writing the bloody thing in meetings but she was adamant she was doing it. I'm gonna have to practically re-write the whole thing to save us from embarrassment before it's handed in.

Damn :(
Hated group assignments, especially with people who didn't want to do fuck all. good luck m8.

Currently doing a marketing assignment myself. 2500 word limit. Done 8500, still not finished lol.

Hixx

Under heavy fire, the Japanese forces had stormed all of the important landward defenses by noon the following day. Nowhere was this more evident than in California. When he first started at Square Enix, nobody guided him, he just had to watch and learn back in those days.

I just got this in an email. The email was from [myemailaddress]@nre.com

Obviously I ain't going to this nre.com and I'd advise you not to either.

But what the fuck??!

Anyone seen this Port Vale stuff.

Feckin mad

Must have been some beating, looks like the fucking elephant man

6015245-large.jpg

kharma45

We're doing a mock client case study group work task at the minute at work.

My temper is wearing thin at the minute. Very thin. I feel your pain.

jesalr

I've always the the project leader in group work. Means middling effort, but you get to make sure everyone else gets their shit done.

Slizz

I did almost all the work in my group projects for Business. Didn't really bother me and insured I got a good grade.

Some projects though I needed help(mainly business plans) and luckily I had at least 1 other person that cared so it wasn't as bad.

I was pretty bad my last year though lol. Only had 2 projects and did the bare minimum for both.

WJD

You'd have to move way down south. And the wages are not comparable to City firms, put it that way.

You not fancy city life? I'm taking a year off before a potential LPC and trying to get placements/experience and stuff in various fields. At the same time applying to everything that moves in terms of Law, Marketing and PR and hoping one sticks. London or Manchester are the preferences but I'm trying not to be picky.

kharma45

When are you moving to London?

I'm already here. Out at sunny Chalfont. Our penultimate week here ;_; was so much fun up until this case study bollocks.

I've another three and a half weeks of training after that. Not getting unleashed onto the business until near the middle-ish of May. Hope I get a good project. Hell, I hope I get a project straight off.

kharma45

Oh yeah. Chalfont, effort.

When are you moving over permanently?

Who knows. They could sent me to literally anywhere. London would be nice to start with but I'd not say no to some international travel. Air miles have already built up nicely even with these domestic flights.

Wilbur

Banned
I haven't applied for anything else yet. Trying to get this uni work out of the way. Might try and save and go fuck around Italy for a bit or something.

Saw graduate jobs for the Times and the Guardian recently but they require you to have a full driver's license. Poopy.

I haven't applied for anything else yet. Trying to get this uni work out of the way. Might try and save and go fuck around Italy for a bit or something.

Saw graduate jobs for the Times and the Guardian recently but they require you to have a full driver's license. Poopy.
Jamie Jackson got one, can't be too hard.

I'm trying to get his attention but he's ignoring me.

Feorax

Daniel Sturridge injury latest
16th Apr 2014 - Latest News

Liverpool have confirmed they'll give Daniel Sturridge every opportunity to prove his fitness ahead of Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash with Norwich City.

The striker had to be withdrawn in the 66th minute of last weekend's 3-2 win over Manchester City.

Sturridge has since underwent further assessment with the club's medical team at Melwood and a small strain was detected following a scan.

The 24-year-old will now undergo a treatment programme in order to try and be available for the trip to Carrow Road.

Author: @James_Carroll84

As long as he isn't rushed back.

You not fancy city life? I'm taking a year off before a potential LPC and trying to get placements/experience and stuff in various fields. At the same time applying to everything that moves in terms of Law, Marketing and PR and hoping one sticks. London or Manchester are the preferences but I'm trying not to be picky.

I'm no great lover of London. Too crowded, expensive and the commute is generally shite. That said the wages and all the things you can do are great.

Good to be fluid on where you want to work. A lot of bigger firms will tell you they've got posts in their regional branches and you should be willing to move around for them, show you're keen. You'll almost definitely get tossed around on your training contract.

kharma45

I never really took much notice if places needed one. Are there many grad jobs that stipulate that you need one?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Tell that to Arnie!

Why don't you have a driver's license? Driving is fuck-awesome.

Barzul

Is it really hard to get a drivers license in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom