• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
looool Kloppo

At the press conference after the match yesterday:
"Are there any (more) questions for me? Because I really need to go to the bathroom. Like really, or I wouldn't say that. No? Ok."
Our press guy: "You can rejoin us later."
"Where I need to go, you don't just come back." and runs away.

I fucking love this guy.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I hope he never joins Man Utd or Chelsea. I don't want to wish him to fail.

Elchele

looool Kloppo

"Are there any (more) questions for me? Because I really need to go to the bathroom. Like really, or I wouldn't say that. No? Ok."

I fucking love this guy.

looooooooool

is there a video? pls milch

Koko

Banned
Madrid's Lineup:Casillas; Coentrao, Pepe, Ramos, Carvajal; Xabi Alonso, Di María, Isco, Modric, Bale, Benzema

Barcelona's Lineup:pinto; Alves, Bartra, Mascherano, Alba; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta; Cesc, Neymar, Messi

Meier

I went to see a game last year.

It was so fucking boring.

Really? That's too bad. I'm a huge fan of baseball but my wife hates it. I took her to a few Cubs and White Sox games when we lived in Chicago and she always had a really nice time too. Did you go with a fan who could explain stuff and help you get into it or was it just a bunch of people who weren't very familiar with the sport? I can imagine that wouldn't help.

fuenf

Live baseball is amazing. It's an acquired taste to watch it on TV though especially if you're a fan of other sports.

I think it's the real U.S. equivalent of football. Both sports are usually low scoring affairs and the tension / excitement develops by what might possibly happen or not.

bud23

1303340415_extras_albumes_1.jpg

Barcelona_-_Real_Madrid_Final_Copa_del_Rey2.jpg

We´ll do it again, for football, for Moyes.

HALA MADRID!!!!!!!!

Scum

City and Everton to demolish their opposition, Barca beats Real with the usual phantom pens and Benfica goes over Porto.

I reckon Real's got this.

looool Kloppo

I fucking love this guy.
looooooooooooool

Elchele

Way more boring.

damn

Really? That's too bad. I'm a huge fan of baseball but my wife hates it. I took her to a few Cubs and White Sox games when we lived in Chicago and she always had a really nice time too. Did you go with a fan who could explain stuff and help you get into it or was it just a bunch of people who weren't very familiar with the sport? I can imagine that wouldn't help.

does she like football?

I was with my brother and sister (neither know much about it) at a Yankee game when we were in NY.

The locals were good fun though, basically taking the piss out of us and trying to explain things.

For sure it didn't help that we didn't really get what was going on beyond, someone throws, someone hits, everyone runs. But I dunno, I just didn't enjoy the atmosphere of the event, it felt so stale. People were slouched back in the seats, taking it easy. A slow burner for sure.

WJD

But I dunno, I just didn't enjoy the atmosphere of the event, it felt so stale. People were slouched back in the seats, taking it easy. A slow burner for sure.

Went to a Dodgers game over summer and this is how I felt.

Was more like a social day out than a competitive game involving your team. All you can eat stand is incredible though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Whatever it takes for Pogba's price to skyrocket, I guess. Go Marry.

OH BABY! Can't wait to buy half of Atalanta's team!

looool Kloppo

I fucking love this guy.

SALV

put my name under BVB too please!

I literally don't see how that is possible, Hazard, Torres, JT alone are on over £150k a week each. We're paying youth players like Chalobah, Christensen and McEachran £20k/£30k each too, are Arsenal really paying that much for the players in their squad? :/

Just saw this... Christensens father said to a Danish newspaper:
"It is completely out of proportion, what the Daily Mail has written about Andreas' salary. It is tasteless and very far from reality. Yes, it's bad, nowhere near what Andreas makes at Chelsea."

Eh.

Vertical video? fuck it, bring Courtois in.

Google needs to stop being cunts and allow vertical youtube videos. Just put your screen vertically. Pls.

Meier

does she like football?
She liked it more when I wasn't as invested. :p She's an Anglophile like me so she'd watch some European Championships and World Cup games, etc. I can't get her to come to the local team here games but she's coming with me to the Man City-Liverpool game in NYC this summer. She better like it. Tickets cost me $100+ each!

I was with my brother and sister (neither know much about it) at a Yankee game when we were in NY.

The locals were good fun though, basically taking the piss out of us and trying to explain things.

For sure it didn't help that we didn't really get what was going on beyond, someone throws, someone hits, everyone runs. But I dunno, I just didn't enjoy the atmosphere of the event, it felt so stale. People were slouched back in the seats, taking it easy. A slow burner for sure.

Yeah, I think you probably would have liked it more if you were with a pretty dedicated fan but I can definitely see your point. It's an acquired taste for sure -- surprised to hear about the poor atmosphere. I would say in general, crowds are usually pretty good at MLB games. From my experience, college sports usually have the best crowds here though. Baseball is no exception.

Pretty good little video about this fan group at FSU called the "Animals of Section B": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zTTh-LgJpc. Singing O'Canada (they have a lot of chants, etc. as well): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOFl5jmPskg

Zabojnik

Went scouting for a new TV today. I thought upgrading from 40" to 55" would be enough, but seeing some of those monster TVs in shops today ... Fuuuuck. I'm tempted to go bigger.

dc89

Bets tonight? I've gone with City and Bayern over 2.5 team goals and a low stakes of over 7.5 cards in the classico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom