• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
UE7No7w.jpg

Surprised to see Arsenal pretty much on the same money as Chelsea.

I am a little sceptical about those numbers though cos the accounts aren't out for this year so the most up to date they could be is for last season.

The last full set of financial results will have covered the financial year ending Apr 2013.

Obv still surprising to see Chelsea/Arsenal at a similar level, but yeah.

L1NETT

Arsenal have so many average players on bloated salaries

City's though....jesus wept. Crazy how like 2 players pocket money could stop whole clubs from going under 3 divs below

MODERN FOOTBALL THOUGH

K1LLER7

Khan just signed with Al Haymon aswell. He's sooooo desperate for that fight with Mayweather.
yeah. Would be good to watch. Love the 24/7's they have leading up to the fights.

Mayweather would probably beat him, but it'll be better than watching him up against power fighters again and again.

I am a little sceptical about those numbers though cos the accounts aren't out for this year so the most up to date they could be is for last season.

The last full set of financial results will have covered the financial year ending Apr 2013.

Obv still surprising to see Chelsea/Arsenal at a similar level, but yeah.

Yeah they do note that: "Figures used are from the 2013-14 seasons in NBA basketball, NHL ice hockey and NFL American football, from the 2014 seasons for MLB baseball and MLS football, and from the seasons completed during or at the end of 2013 for the other leagues.

There's the full article here
http://www.sportingintelligence.com...rs-rm-barca-best-paid-in-global-sport-150401/

Surprised to see Arsenal pretty much on the same money as Chelsea.

I literally don't see how that is possible, Hazard, Torres, JT alone are on over £150k a week each. We're paying youth players like Chalobah, Christensen and McEachran £20k/£30k each too, are Arsenal really paying that much for the players in their squad? :/

Moyes in the Summer while negotiating.

Negotiating his compensation?

WJD

Why the fuck did David Syers rejoin them after his loan

Did he have no offers from a particular West Yorkshire League One club he previously had a spell at

WJDITK

MY MAN HAS GOT BACK TO ME

He says:

Decent money, 2 and a half year contract which offers security, doesn't live far. League 1 next season. Used to be at uni so just enjoys playing any football.

ther u go

Marc

How are baseball players making so much money? Who watches that shit?

I used to love baseball movies as a kid, went to watch a game in Florida thinking it will be like the movies. Holy Christ, it would not end and nothing happened and the crowd were as about as lively as corpse. There are like 500 games as well in a season. Makes test cricket look like an action packed sport.

pulga

Banned
My god, Pulga. You retweet both Roncero and Faitelson. There's no Mercy for you, m8.

to master the Art of Cunt, you need to learn from the best

it is known

My grandfather did this for my grandmother and she crashed into a mall's entrance...

well of course i learned to drive first at a driving school. im pretty good behind the wheel if i do say so myself

dont know anyone in honduras who actually does the test lol

hope your granny came out okay from that

Hixx

We've took some young'uns to the Etihad. One's an u18 so probably won't even get on the bench but Steve Agnew's (BLAST FROM THE PAST) son will probably be on the bench. Oh, and Mavrias. Preparing for next season, blood a few youngsters imo.

I literally don't see how that is possible, Hazard, Torres, JT alone are on over £150k a week each. We're paying youth players like Chalobah, Christensen and McEachran £20k/£30k each too, are Arsenal really paying that much for the players in their squad? :/

Don't forget all the trash they got that never plays. How much are paying people like Bendtner, Park Too Young, Djourou, Chamakh, Andre Santos (as it says, the wage bill for EPL was from last), Diaby and so on? Shouldn't forge that Chelsea has already paid a lot more in transfer fees.

I honestly doubt these numbers.

For any particular reasons? Or the confuziz "I can't see it, I don't believe it" reason? :p

It's not as if it's just some goal.com infographic.

FootballFan

I'd like to see Rose or Lebron perform on a sunny day in the North Shore Events Centre. The Breakers would make them look like amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom