• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Tactical fouls like that are part and parcel of the game, cheating my arse. The word cheating implies something underhand and dodgy. Foul like that ain't.

Cheating would be leaving a banana skin, mario kart style or giving him a wet willy

FootballFan

If you break the rules intentionally, it's cheating, right?

What is the point of the red card though?

If you break the rules you get sent off. If you break them by accident or on purpose shouldn't matter.

If you did an intentional foul/handball and didn't get sent off, that would be cheating(like Henry vs Ireland)

Tactical fouls like that are part and parcel of the game, cheating my arse.

Cheating would be leaving a banana skin, mario kart style or giving him a wet willy

It's a matter of degrees bruv

Knowingly taking a throw-in 5 yards further up from where it went out is cheating.

Diving over your own teammate to win a penalty in the last minute of a World Cup final is cheating.

Abraxas

I don't know why, but this absolutely killed me.

P9KK4BG.png

FootballFan

Oi, FF. Drop Xavi. The old cunt's had it.

Xavi is still amazing.

We were good when cesc came off. Terrible when he was on.

We lost because we had 2 people defending(for some reason) in the 85th minute of a final. stupid to push forward that much

L1NETT

We aren't equating diving with a last man taking one for the team tackle are we?

Pls no

I agree some parts of the game are annoying, diving and footballers generally acting a prick are two. They should be clamped down on.

But fouling someone isn't cheating. Fudge me, we're gonna turn this into a non contact sport debate.

I ain't going there

ARROW TIME

YEAH

Wonder what has jolted United's share price up 10%.

Shaw's tweet

100%

Bumhead

Banned
I love the stats from that Barca - Real game.

Barca with 68% possession and more than double the amount of passes. Still lost.

Praying that Spain get knocked out of the World Cup early doors. I want this awful, tedious, bullshit "tikka takka", tippy tappy game to die a horrible and high profile death this season.

This is a possibility btw. Roma was above Inter in the last few games too.

And Mou Mou'd and Ranieri Ranieri'd

Chelsea can do it all themselves now. But the team will most likely play brilliantly against Liverpool and then fail at winning against some trash like Cardiff, the Chelsea way.

MrKaepora

BENFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

SLB

L1NETT

I love the stats from that Barca - Real game.

Barca with 68% possession and more than double the amount of passes. Still lost.

Praying that Spain get knocked out of the World Cup early doors. I want this awful, tedious, bullshit "tikka takka", tippy tappy game to die a horrible and high profile death this season.

BOOT IT SON

I don't hate it as much as some, I just think teams have worked out how easy it is to snuff it out.

I think it will naturally go away as more teams wise up as how to beat it.

It will return though,

Deserved victory for Madrid but those guys obviously need to be forced to play a pass instead of playing lone wolf all the time. Bale faster than Usain Bolt was nice to watch. Only downside all those theatric scenes of falling players and demanding cards.

BigBoss

Xavi is still amazing.

We lost because we had 2 people defending(for some reason) in the 85th minute of a final. stupid to push forward that much

Lets not forget that Xavi put in a perfect pass to Neymar to tie the game but he somehow managed to fuck-up another easy chance on goal.

Scum

Personally I thought Iniesta was MoTM

He dragged Madrid's defenders like they were sliding on soap
One of my fav Barca players. He's fucking great.

Xavi is still amazing.

FF, pls. Xavi should be benched. Iniesta4evar!

subtles

I hope the club don't rush Daniel back even if he his fit for the Norwich game.

Somebody link Shaw to the articles that praise Rodgers and his young reds.

Xavi is still good but he can't operate as the fulcrum of the team anymore, age catches up with you eventually. He basically ran the match for 90 mins for like 50 games for the last how many years. He can't do it anymore.

Barca need to switch things up. Either find someone else to do the same thing (not sure they can) or switch the focus more to Messi and maybe let him run the match...although they would then lose his power in the final third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom