• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
With some of the Chelsea performances this season. If Chelsea win the league. Football is definitely dead...

Pls. Bar Liverpools recent form, no side has looked particularly dominate. Everyone has slipped up. It's why we watch!

Deserved victory for Madrid but those guys obviously need to be forced to play a pass instead of playing lone wolf all the time. Bale faster than Usain Bolt was nice to watch. Only downside all those theatric scenes of falling players and demanding cards.

You know what you're signing up for when you tune in to these games. It's apart of the show at this point.

subtles

Mario Gotze says: "When I was at Borussia, Marco wanted a move to Manchester United. This hasn't changed."

I gave my heart to the wrong cunt

I'm too broken to find someone anew

Raheem

please don't leave me

Scum

Xavi is still good but he can't operate as the fulcrum of the team anymore, age catches up with you eventually. He basically ran the match for 90 mins for like 50 games for the last how many years. He can't do it anymore.

Barca need to switch things up. Either find someone else to do the same thing (not sure they can) or switch the focus more to Messi and maybe let him run the match...although they would then lose his power in the final third.

4-2-3-1, innit Yurt. Neymar up top, Alexis on the left, Messi#10, Pedro on the right. Godiesta and Bisquits in the middle. 2 new CBs and a new ST.

/FM

Blaburn trying to convince himself Bayern aren't favourites against Madrid on Twitter :lol

cwCe6og.png

FootballFan

Barca need to switch things up. Either find someone else to do the same thing (not sure they can) or switch the focus more to Messi and maybe let him run the match...although they would then lose his power in the final third.

I disagree about switching things up. Tata is trying that by using 4 mids and not playing 4-3-3. Doesn't work at all.

We were much better when Pedro came on for cesc and we switched to proper 4-3-3.

Maybe the players need to be switched but we need to stick to 4-3-3.

Sanchez has been on fire all season and deserved better than to be benched by cesc.

I disagree about switching things up. Tata is trying that by using 4 mids and not playing 4-3-3. Doesn't work at all.

We were much better when Pedro came on for cesc and we switched to proper 4-3-3.

Maybe the players need to be switched but we need to stick to 4-3-3.

Sanchez has been on fire all season and deserved better than to be benched by cesc.

That would be fine but then who's gonna play in Xavi's role? I don't think he can go on much longer, especially not at the required intensity which made Barca so hard to play against.

Like yeah...Xavi isn't some kind of one off player who is so unique there is nobody else like him, but I don't know if anyone in your squad can do it. Fabregas just isn't that good technically, Iniesta is a different type of player. Thiago man...fucking Thiago.

I called Viva, Yurt.
I'm going to commit sudoku. Fucking work.

I don't think either of us mind.

FootballFan

That would be fine but then who's gonna play in Xavi's role? I don't think he can go on much longer, especially not at the required intensity which made Barca so hard to play against.

Like yeah...Xavi isn't some kind of one off player who is so unique there is nobody else like him, but I don't know if anyone in your squad can do it. Fabregas just isn't that good technically, Iniesta is a different type of player. Thiago man...fucking Thiago.

We had thiago. Perfect player for the role.

*sigh*

Bayern would only be very slight favourites for me.

And that's partly cos Madrid always manage to find a way to fuck it up. We gave Bayern some issues on the counter. I know you can't compare directly but Madrid are gonna get alot of chances against them IMO.

Bayern would only be very slight favourites for me.

And that's partly cos Madrid always manage to find a way to fuck it up. We gave Bayern some issues on the counter. I know you can't compare directly but Madrid are gonna get alot of chances against them IMO.

It's not that I think Bayern will run away with it or anything, it's just these are tweets that should be made after the game, not before haha.

It's Bayern Munich for god's sake!

Fry

Wow City. Just wow.

All we need to do is win the next 2 games I think. I mean, we need to think of them as finals again.

The rest will come as part of the package.

Elchele

It's not that I think Bayern will run away with it or anything, it's just these are tweets that should be made after the game, not before haha.

It's Bayern Munich for god's sake!

bla finally realized Pep's Bayern is kind of shit, so he's preparing the grown for the eventual meltdown

Feorax

Wow City. Just wow.

All we need to do is win the next 2 games I think. I mean, we need to think of them as finals again.

If Everton and Sunderland can somehow get a point from their fixtures against City and Chelsea, then our game at Anfield v Chelsea will be the title decider.

I imagine, however, the earliest we could hope to win it, if we did, would be Palace,

GorillaJu

Wow City. Just wow.

We need to win ALL our remaining games, except for Chelsea, which we can draw. If we beat Chelsea, we can draw at Newcastle.

Still anyone's trophy to win. And we usually perform really badly in the last few games of the season. Might be better this year with something to play for though.

Pachimari

HALA MADRID!!!

I'm equally confident in us beating Bayern in the Champions League semi-finals but tonight we must celebrate the madridismo spirit. :)

If Everton and Sunderland can somehow get a point from their fixtures against City and Chelsea, then our game at Anfield v Chelsea will be the title decider.

I imagine, however, the earliest we could hope to win it, if we did, would be Palace,

From a romantic sense, the ideal would be going into Newcastle at home needing a point.

Norwich first though :p

Dark Rider

Real Madrid delivered the final blow to Barcelona season

out of the UCL
out of La Liga title race
lost Cupa Del Ray to Real Madrid
all in one week

Barcelona state: gone with the wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom