• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybore

Jeff, you have my sympathies. Hope Blackburn jump straight back up but with the current state of the club, I think that will be a struggle to say the least.

Fur_Q

Genuine sorrow for Jeff, know how you feel lad been through relegation 3 times. Premier to championship to league 2 back to the prem then relegated again. Now look where we are, don't lose hope.

Your team are gonna need your support in the championship now more than ever.

flyover

Jeff, you have my sympathies. Hope Blackburn jump straight back up but with the current state of the club, I think that will be a struggle to say the least.

I think they needed relegation in order to become a decent team again -- rather than one that's content with just staying up. That's okay for some teams, but it shouldn't be for them.

Labadal

Well, Wolves and Blackburn down. Bolton and QPR to fight for the last place. Last game week will be amazing.

QPR play City who fights for the League trophy, and Bolton play Stoke. Stoke have nothing to play for.

Carbonox

I think the Blackburn players didn't even shake Kean's hand.

I feel sorry for him now.

I don't mean to cause offence to you or anyone else who shares your views but I really need to know why anyone can feel sorry for Kean and why he deserves sympathy.

Manager

Tevez is performing and has done excellently since his return and for the bust up Mancini is as much to blame as Tevez. If an Arsenal player done what Tevez done I would not forgive them but I can see why one would.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Tevez was still a Man City player next season.

The support (/lack of hatred) was there from the start though, before he performed. He didn't play well at all at the beginning of the season before leaving, was out of form when returning obviously and when he returned he wasn't really needed at City. The City strikers were all on fire.

At his arrival he was deemed a complete surplus and people were worried he was going to fuck it all up. Yet he wasn't really getting much hatred.

But, as stated on previous page, there's also differences between the situations since Blackburn have much more at stake. Still, while Kean seem to do his best Tevez simply chose to take a (public) crap on everyone involved in the club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
35 - Blackburn will end the season with under 35 points for the first time since 1978/79 (30). Paltry

Tragic. I'm sorry Jeff. At least your son is cute.

And you can pull off a curly mustache.

pappe

I don't mean to cause offence to you or anyone else who shares your views but I really need to know why anyone can feel sorry for Kean and why he deserves sympathy.
He doesn't deserve it. But I feel sorry for any1 who has support of not a single soul around him. Not even his players.

Wilbur

Banned
Steve Kean deserves zero sympathy, same with the owners. Hopefully Blackburn rise from the ashes as a power again. Newcastle needed a relegation to turn the entire club around. I just hope Blackburn can do the same, preferably with new owners and a new manager. Circumstances aren't necessarily the same, I know, but sometimes relegation is a good thing. Unless you're a yo-yo club like West Brom. :p

Kean deserves all the shit he gets. He has proven that he knows the square root of fuck all about football management. Blackburn aren't a brilliant team but he's brought them to the brink of relegation all because he doesn't have a fucking clue about what he's doing.

This and this. Fucking appalling job he's done, he and the Venkys have torn the heart out of that team. Feel gutted for Jeff, absolutely gutted. Let's hope Kean gets the fuck out so we can all see Jeff renew his season ticket next year.

Well done to Wigan though, love Martinez. In a few years Moses and McCarthy are going to be great players.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Because he's a man who was just trying to do the best he could at his job, in a sport he clearly has loved all his life, to provide for his family? I know it's easy to forget but Steve Kean is a real person.

Imagine if you turned up to work to hear thousands shouting abuse at you non-stop, wanting you sacked. The people who are supposed to be on your side. How would you feel?

Yeah, so sorry for all the people who have had their football team relegated, that is clearly more important than being abused by thousands.

1281131908667.gif

I'm sorry, Jeff. :(

Wilbur

Banned
Because he's a man who was just trying to do the best he could at his job, in a sport he clearly has loved all his life, to provide for his family? I know it's easy to forget but Steve Kean is a real person.

Imagine if you turned up to work to hear thousands shouting abuse at you non-stop, wanting you sacked. The people who are supposed to be on your side. How would you feel?

Yeah, so sorry for all the people who have had their football team relegated, that is clearly more important than being abused by thousands.

The thing is with Kean, there's talk of him having back stabbed his old boss to get in a position of power, having blamed a Rovers fan for spiking his drink when he was done for DUI. It's not just football matters. He's an odious person

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The thing is with Kean, there's talk of him having back stabbed his old boss to get in a position of power, having blamed a Rovers fan for spiking his drink when he was done for DUI. It's not just football matters. He's an odious person
Yeah, I'm sure those rumours that only originated from Rovers forums after the Kean Out campaign begun are entirely true. I remember someone on here at one point (may or may not have been Jeff) claiming Kean had links to Glasgow gangsters. Give me a break. The character assassination attempts by the Blackburn support are as sickening as their display today, really. They deserve all they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom