• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyover

I think this guy was just trying to sub in for Dunn before his inevitable injury:

AsUPH1qCAAAcchl.jpg

Majestic.

Bumhead

Banned
Awesome! Really happy for you guys. Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton are the two I was rooting for.

Who else is in the play offs apart from United?

Cheers mate. Hopefully we will be back in the Premiership soon. I don't anticipate doing a Norwich or Southampton but we have nothing to fear in the Championship.

The other play off teams are Huddersfield, MK Dons and Stevenage. Huddersfield have taken a lot of the public attention this season but Jordan Rhodes has looked "off" for a while and their form since sacking Lee Clark has cost them. MK Dons are a tough side. Stevenage are actually my favourites to go up. Their rise has been incredible, they're an incredibly hard side to play against, score plenty of goals, play good football at the same time as being tough to break down and have a couple of players who will punish teams.

rodvik

I think this guy was just trying to sub in for Dunn before his inevitable injury:

AsUPH1qCAAAcchl.jpg

Majestic.

That is a handsome bird. Splendid regalia.

edit. aaaaand Dunn is off.

Cheers mate. Hopefully we will be back in the Premiership soon. I don't anticipate doing a Norwich or Southampton but we have nothing to fear in the Championship.

The other play off teams are Huddersfield, MK Dons and Stevenage. Huddersfield have taken a lot of the public attention this season but Jordan Rhodes has looked "off" for a while and their form since sacking Lee Clark has cost them. MK Dons are a tough side. Stevenage are actually my favourites to go up. Their rise has been incredible, they're an incredibly hard side to play against, score plenty of goals, play good football at the same time as being tough to break down and have a couple of players who will punish teams.

Grats man! Thats fabulous!

Bumhead

Banned
Nice half time booing off for their team from the Blackburn fans, there.

To be fair the players have given up.

For a week or two now, including this game, Blackburn have been playing must win games and haven't given a shit. Was it Spurs away where they didn't have a single attempt at goal?

I realise the problem at Blackburn is Steve Kean and the Venky's, but this performance is the epitome of a team not playing for its manager or the club. Wouldn't surprise me if half of them already know they're off in the summer.

Shame for Jeff obviously but I'm hoping our first Championship game is Blackburn away next season.

Stimpy

Blackburn supporters really not showing themselves in a good light this game, get behind the team for just 90mins then when the match ends moan about the owners and manager all you want.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Hibs just hit the bar and it was given as a goal. :lol Goal line technology please. Amazing atmosphere at Easter Road! Flicking between it and the other relegation battle at Ewood, incredible difference.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

We made it to the final last year and were knocked out in the first round the year before. Following our progress we're gonna win the playoffs this time don't you worry ;) (Town Supporter)

EDIT: Does anyone know exactly what the Blackburn supporters were chanting? We couldn't quite make it out.

flyover

Blackburn supporters really not showing themselves in a good light this game, get behind the team for just 90mins then when the match ends moan about the owners and manager all you want.

It won't help the on-field product (sure it's a bit demoralizing for the players), but the fans want long-term fixes more than they want to win any particular game. That's why I don't have as much of a problem with the fans chanting against the coach and ownership at the matches. A public outcry like this is one of the few ways they can get noticed and hope to effect change -- though they might do better by refusing to pay the owners money to attend the matches in the first place. At least they're not chanting anything against the players, far as I've heard.

Robert Lewandowski is player of the season.

Striker of the season maybe, but it has got to be Marco Reus.

lol, I felt the same way when I first read about it. Still cool though.

And yeah, Real's not getting Piszczek. He's among our most important players and has a contract till 2016.
It's kind of like the rumor about Alaba & Barca: it's nice to want things.

dc89

BBC says there genuine ugly scenes towards Kean. I feel sorry for the guy.

When the crowd got behind him and the team they surprised. No one saw them seeing off United how they did.

Bumhead

Banned
We made it to the final last year and were knocked out in the first round the year before. Following our progress we're gonna win the playoffs this time don't you worry ;) (Town Supporter)

Hehe, you can for me mate, anyone but those piggy bastards.

If United get past Stevenage, I hope they have to play you at Wembley. All it takes is for Rhodes to have a good day and you boys will beat anyone else in the play-offs. I don't fancy MK Dons, can't stand the club and Karl Robinson is a full weight helmet. I do think Stevenage are favourites but my preference is either them or you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom