• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

It's not squarely on Kean, but he and Venkys must be at least 90% of the blame together. Think about Bruce in charge of Sunderland, and the change when MON came. I think your revitalisation can almost completely be placed on MON's shoulders.

And our form as returned to wank since we got safe.

O'Neill has made us harder to beat but at the end of the day our team is about where they should be, on paper.

As are Blackburn.

Come on, how many Blackburn players would get in any team not fighting relegation year in, year out.

Yakubu, Hoilett... N'Zonzi?

Carbonox

Of course Steve Kean is staying. He wouldn't get a job anywhere else and it's obvious him and the Venky Goblins have got some pact in place. Fucking mugs.

Lightning

Banned
Stoke are dogshit. If you have any height in the team they are easily dealt with.
So dogshit that none of the top 4 have been able to get a win there this season?

I hate Stoke, I hope Bolton can do it, but I just don't think they will be able to. I hate QPR as well so them getting relegated will be great.

dc89

<3 Kun goal against Norwich. Saying that, I think my favorite goal of his was his 2nd goal against Swansea on his debut. What a strike.

Wilbur

Banned
And our form as returned to wank since we got safe.

O'Neill has made us harder to beat but at the end of the day our team is about where they should be, on paper.

As are Blackburn.

Come on, how many Blackburn players would get in any team not fighting relegation year in, year out.

Yakubu, Hoilett... N'Zonzi?

Robinson's solid, Olsson and Hanley are pretty good prospects, as are Rochina and Formica. Blackburn have as good a squad on paper as Swansea or Norwich, and no one would have said otherwise at the start of the season. They've been mismanaged.

Plasma

Banned
Cisse's goal is great and all but isn't it a bit premature to choose the goal of the season when there are still games to be played.

Kyoufu

Cisse's goal is great and all but isn't it a bit premature to choose the goal of the season when there are still games to be played.

Very very very very very unlikely you'll see a better goal on the final day.

Gary Neville should get into coaching and then manage Man United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ooooh I'm not done yet!

qZVTK.jpg

Ordered!
I8aUJ.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I've said before; Giggs, Scholes and Neville should all take over in some form. Like officially have one manager and two assistants (make Neville the figurehead because he seems to be the one that is most confident public speaking and stuff), but all three should be joint manager. Hell, get Solskjaer back as well, we'd fuck up the world.

Not Roy.

Have you SEEN Enrique recently?

Besides, even on form, Enrique has been poor offensively. Downing/Johnson would compliment perfectly as attacking fullbacks, just as Kelly/Enrique are a complimentary defensive pairing.

Not his fault he is playing with the likes of Spearing and Henderson who gives the ball away everytime they get it which then increases hsi workload. Henderson is too afraid to pass the ball forward and instead keeps passing it back or to the side and most of the time ends up losing the ball.

Jordan Henderson in numbers

Number of appearances - 4th highest in the squad

Shots per game - 11th highest in the squad
Average passes per game - 8th in the squad
Pass completion - 10th highest in the squad
Tackles per game - 13th highest in the squad
Interceptions per game - 6th highest in the squad
Key passes per game - 15th highest in the squad
Accurate crosses per game - 10th highest in the squad
Accurate long balls per game - 14th highest in the squad
Accurate through balls per game - 4th highest in the squad
Successful dribbles per game- 10th highest in the squad

Pretty pathetic numbers for a guy who constantly gets play time while a far better player (Maxi) sits on the bench.

Hixx

Robinson's solid, Olsson and Hanley are pretty good prospects, as are Rochina and Formica. Blackburn have as good a squad on paper as Swansea or Norwich, and no one would have said otherwise at the start of the season. They've been mismanaged.

Olsson is 24, hardly a prospect and nothing other than an average left back. Not seen a lot of Hanley but Rochina and Formica, can't see either of them getting into even the likes of Wigans or Boltons teams. Show the odd flash but over 38 games haven't contributed enough.

Not saying Kean is blameless, he's clueless and certainly hasn't helped matters. Laying the blame squarely on him is daft, though. Saying that squad is anywhere other than it should be is wrong imo.

Take Yakubu and Hoilett out of the team and they are on par with Wolves. And neither of those players, as good as they are, can carry a shit team.

If they need to apply blame to anyone it's the Venky's for their lack of investment, incredible reluctance to do ANYTHING with Kean just for the hope of a "honeymoon period" with a new manager and for making the club a laughing stock.

Feorax

Jordan Henderson should not be getting the amount of game time he has, but our midfield is a different problem entirely. Enrique has been pretty much our only option at LB this year, and it shows. He looks exhausted and needs cover.

Downing will never be the LW player we need to compete for the top 4, but if he could raise his game defensively (which he seems to be ok with, tracking back and all), then we could
do a lot worse than stick him in at LB,and buy a young, intelligent player like Gaston Ramirez to orchestrate incisive attacks from the flanks.

Maxi is off im afraid, as are Kuyt and Aurelio. Cant say I blame them either.

Jordan Henderson should not be getting the amount of game time he has, but our midfield is a different problem entirely. Enrique has been pretty much our only option at LB this year, and it shows. He looks exhausted and needs cover.

Downing will never be the LW player we need to compete for the top 4, but if he could raise his game defensively (which he seems to be ok with, tracking back and all), then we could
do a lot worse than stick him in at LB,and buy a young, intelligent player like Gaston Ramirez to orchestrate incisive attacks from the flanks.

Maxi is off im afraid, as are Kuyt and Aurelio. Cant say I blame them either.

As much as I would like Maxi to say, you can't blame him if he leaves. It's a shame that Kenny would waste these players and instead keep giving ineffective players game time. Like you said Enrique looked tired at times but that comes down to Daglish fault because you have someone like Fabio available to play. Yes he was injured for the beginning of the season but yet he was on the sub sheet for most of the season but never got used.

I think if it was any other manager, fans would be calling for the owners to fire them.

Yen

As much as I would like Maxi to say, you can't blame him if he leaves. It's a shame that Kenny would waste these players and instead keep giving ineffective players game time. Like you said Enrique looked tired at times but that comes down to Daglish fault because you have someone like Fabio available to play. Yes he was injured for the beginning of the season but yet he was on the sub sheet for most of the season but never got used.

I think if it was any other manager, fans would be calling for the owners to fire them.

Aurelio hasn't been fit except for maybe one month this season. When he has played, he's been wrecked after 45 minutes and can't play more than 1 game per (two) week(s) as he is so injury prone. The man can't even play with his kids without getting injured.

Bumhead

Banned
Can you keep that numpty? I don't want him wearing a Newcastle shirt again. Guy's shite.

He's not even close to being a Premiership standard striker. Isn't he contracted until 2016 or something daft like that? Somebody up at Newcastle clearly sees something in him but fuck knows what.

He didn't exactly set League One alight for us but I wouldn't say no to another loan spell and a full pre-season. He had a "I Am A Changed Man" t-shirt on after he scored for us on Saturday, hah.

Kyoufu

He's not even close to being a Premiership standard striker. Isn't he contracted until 2016 or something daft like that? Somebody up at Newcastle clearly sees something in him but fuck knows what.

He didn't exactly set League One alight for us but I wouldn't say no to another loan spell and a full pre-season. He had a "I Am A Changed Man" t-shirt on after he scored for us on Saturday, hah.

Thought he had lightning pace and strength against Arsenal in the 4-4 thriller. He still has time to shine.

Carbonox

He was terrible in the Championship as well.

Somehow he's fantastic in the reserves though. *shrug*

I do want him gone though. I don't see a future for him with us at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom