• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

You don't really dude, surely you don't want to see violence.

Well no but this game is so fucking boring. Why is this the Monday Night game and not Newcastle-City? Why would they make us play 3 games in 8 days? We could have used the extra day.

dc89

Yeah. Chanting is one thing, but it has to be limited to that.

A stand out moment of this season for me is when they lost at home and the majority of the fans in the stand behind him surged down to give him abuse, it was a little moment of panic for me cause all it takes is on lunatic to take it too far and get at him.

A stand out moment for the bad reasons that shouldn't be in this sport in this era.

Fur_Q

iveHi7j33FCsk.png

elsk

Banned
And yeah, Real's not getting Piszczek. He's among our most important players and has a contract till 2016.
It's kind of like the rumor about Alaba & Barca: it's nice to want things.

Not exactly, players want to stay at Bayern. Dortmund players want to move to bigger teams.

dc89

Well no but this game is so fucking boring. Why is this the Monday Night game and not Newcastle-City? Why would they make us play 3 games in 8 days? We could have used the extra day.

Yeah I agree! Newcastle V City was a spectacle. This is also a big game for different reasons.

Lightning

Banned
I don't think Blackburn got the memo that they need a goal...

And why the hell couldn't Wigan have played like this when they played us? Wankers...

Manager

BBC says there genuine ugly scenes towards Kean. I feel sorry for the guy.

When the crowd got behind him and the team they surprised. No one saw them seeing off United how they did.

People have "Kean out" shirts and hats, way to support your team to the end.

Carbonox

Steve Kean deserves zero sympathy, same with the owners. Hopefully Blackburn rise from the ashes as a power again. Newcastle needed a relegation to turn the entire club around. I just hope Blackburn can do the same, preferably with new owners and a new manager. Circumstances aren't necessarily the same, I know, but sometimes relegation is a good thing. Unless you're a yo-yo club like West Brom. :p

Salvadora

Steve Kean deserves zero sympathy, same with the owners. Hopefully Blackburn rise from the ashes as a power again. Newcastle needed a relegation to turn the entire club around. I just hope Blackburn can do the same, preferably with new owners and a new manager. Circumstances aren't necessarily the same, I know, but sometimes relegation is a good thing. Unless you're a yo-yo club like West Brom. :p

Pretty much. I can't imagine what the fans are going through.

Clegg

Kean deserves all the shit he gets. He has proven that he knows the square root of fuck all about football management. Blackburn aren't a brilliant team but he's brought them to the brink of relegation all because he doesn't have a fucking clue about what he's doing.

dc89

I know, it's just sad. I had a friend on Facebook who organised protests and stuff, wore the yellow hats and t shirts etc.

I got sick of the bullshit so removed them lol.

flyover

I don't think Blackburn got the memo that they need a goal...

Seriously. A 3-0 win (not that that's an easy task) would put their goal differential even with Wigan.

I mean, I'm a Wigan fan, so I'm okay with a draw, but I want things to be interesting for the final week of the league, in general.

Manager

Kean deserves all the shit he gets. He has proven that he knows the square root of fuck all about football management. Blackburn aren't a brilliant team but he's brought them to the brink of relegation all because he doesn't have a fucking clue about what he's doing.

Yes, but he won't get kicked with two or three games left to go so the crowd might just as well support their team to the fullest. The players can't be motivated hearing songs about how shit the staff members are.

A bit like how City fans support Tevez, anything in order to win the title, even though most agree he's an utter disgrace who should be shipped off in the summer.

Bumhead

Banned

For me there are two issues with Steve Kean.

1.) Stuff like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17980488

2.) Anyone with an ounce of integrity would hold their hands up and resign.

Steve Kean is not a football manager. He's doing an absolutely woeful job at Blackburn, but that's to be expected. He's been placed into a false position by a board of directors who don't know the first thing about the sport. Kean is a terrible manager, but to a certain extent it's not his "fault". He can't help being utterly out of his depth, I guess. The mistake was giving him the job in the first place.

That said, he doesn't help himself by saying stuff like not expecting to have been in a relegation scrap this season (the fuck?), and he could and maybe should have done the decent thing months ago and resigned.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope nothing crazy goes down at the final whistle. It's only a game, as painful as it is sometimes.

sorry Jeff

Lightning

Banned
A bit like how City fans support Tevez, anything in order to win the title, even though most agree he's an utter disgrace who should be shipped off in the summer.
Tevez is performing and has done excellently since his return and for the bust up Mancini is as much to blame as Tevez. If an Arsenal player done what Tevez done I would not forgive them but I can see why one would.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Tevez was still a Man City player next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom