• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Good Morning FootyGAF. What is going on? Any matches today?

EDIT: Isn't the Europa League Final today? Yes it is, along with Birmingham City v Blackpool. Blackpool better win that.

Good monrning? I love the fact that yo americans have just woken up, while me seating bullets about my coursework.

Anyway, I think A. Madrid is gonna win it. They have the experience and the have Falcao.

Yes, we are just waking up. I always need to catch up on 2+ pages of this thread before work. That's why I'll never be in the top ten of the Wall of Shame.

Fady K

Bilbao for the Europa League!

Avatar bet fady? for the CL final? I say bayern win.

I say Bayern win too :( You can't count on a team like Chelsea. The way they played yesterday.....my goodness, embarrassing.. if Chelsea win the CL final i'll have my avatar as anything you want as long as it's acceptable :p

Change it to a Cisse avatar. Embrace your lord and saviour.

In other news, Yaya Toure has said he wants to return to Barcelona in the future. Looks like they still haven't made good restaurants in Manchester.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09052012/58/la-liga-toure-wants-barcelona-return.html

I LOVE CISSE. No one but Allah is lord-worthy for me, but Cisse is great, how great must you feel with a player like him!

Carbonox

Bilbao for the Europa League!

I say Bayern win too :( You can't count on a team like Chelsea. The way they played yesterday.....my goodness, embarrassing.. if Chelsea win the CL final i'll have my avatar as anything you want as long as it's acceptable :p

I LOVE CISSE. No one but Allah is lord-worthy for me, but Cisse is great, how great must you feel with a player like him!

Pfft, we'll sell him to Real Madrid for 50m so I shall savour the short time he spent with us.

faridmon

Bioshock Infinite delayed. Now showing it off as early as they did in advance was such a great idea.

laughing_display.gif

Carbonox

Not that bothered about the delay seeing as October has Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed 3. Tis for the best where my wallet is concerned.

faridmon

The only game that I was excited about beside Bioshock Infinte is Assassins Creed III. Now its only ACII. Hopefully E3 better bring some exciting games because so far, the year have been a pretty much eh in terms of great anouncements.

Why would you want Resi 6, your taste is questionable :p

Yeah, this.

RE6 will just be a second tier RE4 just like RE5 was and will not satisfy me
sexually[/spoier] like RE 4 did.

Slizz

Lemme know when EA announces Mirrors Edge 2 so I can truly be interested in a single player game for the first time in A LONNNNGGGG time.

EDIT: Rooting for a good match tonight, something like a 3-2 affair would be fun.

The only game that I was excited about beside Bioshock Infinte is Assassins Creed III. Now its only ACII. Hopefully E3 better bring some exciting games because so far, the year have been a pretty much eh in terms of great anouncements.

Yeah, this.

I'm not too fussed about the delay. Plenty of good games to keep me going....oh....and a new home console :D

Carbonox

Resident Evil is one of my favourite franchises and Resident Evil 6 looks and sounds incredible! D:

If it's 1% better than Resident Evil 5 which it most certainly looks like, it will be amazing. I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 too, despite too much copy and pasting from RE4 (and done poorly).

Let's try my hand at the Aston Villa Football Club PR Machine:

Players get in the swing at Fiat-sponsored golf day

0,,10265~10832180,00.jpg

The Scottish Messi

0,,10265~10832160,00.jpg

Our first glimpse at Enda Stevens

0,,10265~10832178,00.jpg

Lichaj looking like sex with the pink shirt

I omitted images of Warnock and Collins. Nobody wants to see that.

Plasma

Banned
So it sounds like M'Vila to Arsenal isn't as complete as most people thought.

Calling it now we'll probably end up signing N'Zonzi on the last day of the transfer window instead.

WJD

So me and 15 mates are going to be partaking in this little doozy...

Right Lads as you all are now aware you have all Qualified and invited to play in the Euro 2012 Drinking Tournament taking place on June 8th which is also the opening night of the Euro's.

Was thinking of making a day of it in celebrating the opening game of the Euros Football Tournament by just having one great big Football Day.
As recommended by Will the invitation to go down to the Bath Grounds to play Football (Wembley's, Doubles, 8aside, ect.) during the day; obviously weather depending.
Afterwards the option of hitting Corals beforehand to put a few cheeky bets on any of the Games is open to everyone.

The option of going to The Lamb for 6.00 pm to watch the Opening Game of the Euros between Poland v Greece is open to everyone who wants to join and get in the rowdy mood.

After the Game has finished we will look to begin the Euro 2012 Drinking Tournament at 8.00 pm!

- The Tournament is 16 Man Competition with 1 person representing each country within the Euros!
- Tournament is set up with the exact same stages and fixtures as the Euros.
- There are 4 Groups of 4 Teams; which means there will be 3 Fixtures for each person within the Group Stages competing against the 3 other players within their Group.
- The Top 2 Teams of each Group will Qualify for the Quarter Final Knock Out Stages of the Competition; obviously the winner of the Quarter Finals progress to the Semi Finals and then to The Final.

Each Game against another opponent consists of attempting to Out-Drink your opponent in a Race of Downing a Pint.

- The First Fixture for each player The Group Stages will commence in The Lamb at 8.30 pm
- This Game consists of attempting to beat your opponent at Downing a Pint of Lager of your choice.

- The Second Fixtures of The Group Stages will be played at The George at 9.00 pm
- The Fixture consists of attempting to beat your opponent at Downing a Pint of Cider of your own choice.

- The Third and Final Fixture of The Group Stages will be played at The White Hart at 9.30 pm
- This final and deciding fixture for many will consist of attempting to beat your opponent at Downing a Pint of The Dreaded Guinness

Between 9.30 and 10.30 is Chunder Time (If needed)
Taking place in The White Hart Toilets, High Street or The Bull Toilets
Also during this time we will be clarifying Group Tables and which 8 team have made it through to the Quarter Finals and what the Fixtures will be.

- The 4 Quarter Final Games will be taking place at 10.30 in The Bulls Head
- These 4 Games will consist of the unfortunate 8 who have made it through attempting to beat their opponent at Downing a Pint of Bitter or Real Ales - (Pedigree, John Smiths, ect.)

- The Semi Final Games will be played in both the The Queens Head and The Loft at 11.30pm
- Semi Final 1 in The Queens Head and Semi Final 2 up in The Loft
- These 2 matches will simply consist of attempting to beat your opponent at downing any Pint of your own choice

- The Final will of course be played at none other than The Theatre of Dreams also known as Ciros as soon as we all decide to go there around Midnight and half 12
- The Final will again be drink of own choice as do not see the Finalists being in any fit state to take on anything else!

If in any case any of the matches end in a Draw it is compulsory that you and your opponent buy another Pint of Specification each to settle the result.
This Rule also goes for any of the teams who end up on the equal amount of points in the Group Stages; however this can be decided by a Pint of own preference.
If a draw occurs in any of the Quarter Finals then the 4 Bombs for £6 rule will occur to settle it (The first person to drink 2 Bombs)

All Groups and Fixture will be put up before the Event starts; Scorecards with the fixtures for each team will be printed out for everyone as well.

Wearing The Shirt of The Nation who you are representing is compulsory! So ensure you all get bidding on ebay for your shirts beforehand!

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.

(also, I'm representing Spain with my Xavi shirt!)

Fady K

EVERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

If I ever had an Everton avatar, it will be Jelavic, no doubt ;D

Pfft, we'll sell him to Real Madrid for 50m so I shall savour the short time he spent with us.

Hopefully not! He just joined and he's on fire, can't see him leaving this soon :0

Bioshock Infinite delayed. Now showing it off as early as they did in advance was such a great idea.

Damn. Till when? My most wanted game right now.

RE6 looks awesome man :D A mix of action and horror and looks more interesting than 5 :p

Lemme know when EA announces Mirrors Edge 2 so I can truly be interested in a single player game for the first time in A LONNNNGGGG time.

What kind of games do you like? Sooo many awesome single player games to play these days :D

Resident Evil is one of my favourite franchises and Resident Evil 6 looks and sounds incredible! D:

If it's 1% better than Resident Evil 5 which it most certainly looks like, it will be amazing. I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 too, despite too much copy and pasting from RE4 (and done poorly).

It has to be better than 5. Like you I enjoyed 5, though as an RE game it felt like a letdown. While RE4 was the revolutionary RE, nothing beats the remake of the first on the Gamecube!

GorillaJu

I think Bilbao can and will win the final. I'll be rooting for them - as much as I like Atletico, Athletic is the Neutrals Favorite Team of 2012™

Arnie

Feel like a proud father having Jonjo Shelvey in my fantasy team midfield. 9 points.

I feel like Salazar, except the young talent I'm backing isn't made of crystal and performs when given game time.

Clegg

Eww..my experience occurred two years ago, the week of Christmas. That meant no trials were going on and I had to sit there for two and a half days before they dismissed half of us. I read eight books I think?

Full time students are exempt from jury duty but my summons will be during the summer holidays.

The exemption only holds during actual term time.

The fuckers did their homework.

Meier

I don't understand how 'history' comes into the equation. The derby was one of the biggest games of the season. Not 'arguably' but in actuality one of the biggest. Breaking records in both the UK and the US.

Just sour grapes. Fans of opposing squads can't stand that City has crashed their party. It was the biggest game in Premier League history by most all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom