• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Its the discussion everybody loves. Who is the best-looking male footballer? (or female if you're a woman or that way inclined) http://www.kickette.com/files/2010/10/xabi4.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7GVv2.jpg
MPOiH.jpg

gipxx.jpg

Vivalaraza, Fady, Sunhi and Yurt are the best.
(But barca-gaf is the best best)

Yurt is good but lacks the raw passion of a massive fady multiquote. You can tell fady spends alot of time on what he posts.

I vote for WoodenLung or Yurt as poster of the season.

Semen On The Keyboard Award: Juve-Gaf last weekend

He's no Del Piero.

tumblr_m3po0yp7Ri1r30r4xo1_500.gif

I could literally use it for anything

And cheers guys <3 It means a lot when it comes from you guys.

Hixx

Rumours are going around that Arsenal have pulled out of the M'vila deal.

I think the rumours are more that it's not the done deal it was reported to be yesterday. Which isn't really that much of a surprise, this is Arsenal after all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pepsi ambassadors: Messi, Drogba, Torres, Podolski, Shevchenko, Aguero and now..

Marchisio!
tumblr_m3po0yp7Ri1r30r4xo1_500.gif

See, it works :p

Clegg

It's still just a rumour. M'vila could still be going to Arsenal.

I've just heard that Arsenal have withdrawn for the moment.

pappe

To those who have seen M'Vila.

Which Premier league player would you say M'Vila is similar to?

Yaya, Fellaini, Parker, Fletcher, Carrick, Essien, Song, etc.

All the QPR players are coming out and talking of revenge for Hughes. Have they not looked at what Pardew did, said Newcastle are going to dent City's title hopes etc.

They just keep doing Mancini's job for him.

Team talk is done.
That's great for Mancini. He was probably struggling to get his players up for the title-deciding game.

Why would they do that though? He's been rumoured to be going to us for a while and Wenger is a big fan.
Maybe it's because of the assault case he's been charged with.

All rumours anyway.

I've seen him play a handful of time. Reminds me of Lucas but he's also a wonderful passer of the ball.

(That's not to say he is a better player than Lucas btw, though I see no reason why he couldn't be given the right direction.)

pappe

That's great for Mancini. He was probably struggling to get his players up for the title-deciding game.

This is probably THE most important match of their lives so far for most of the players. I doubt they need motivation from their manager to go kick QPR's ass.

Yen

Twitter is such a joke for transfers. Search "M'Villa" and the top tweets are "M'Villa deal is 100% done, say L'Equipe" from some Arsenal fans with a few thousand followers, yet no sources for these claims. L'Equipe say nothing of the sort.
FourFourTom does the same, desperate to have exclusives or be"ITK"

Bumhead

Banned
Steve Kean in his presser:

'ive spoke with the owners and I'm absolutely here for the long term'

Just watching Sky Sports News now, they've got the Kean bit on.

Even without the other rumours, the situation at Blackburn right now is genuinely suspicious. It's not just incompetence.

Salvadora

Twitter is such a joke for transfers. Search "M'Villa" and the top tweets are "M'Villa deal is 100% done, say L'Equipe" from some Arsenal fans with a few thousand followers, yet no sources for these claims. FourFourTom does the same, desperate to have exclusives or be"ITK"

Yeah I don't know why people trust it so much.

WJD

I've seen him a fair few times and obviously Youtube clips too. I'd say he's like a more mobile, athletic Carrick.

Fady K

Twitter is such a joke for transfers. Search "M'Villa" and the top tweets are "M'Villa deal is 100% done, say L'Equipe" from some Arsenal fans with a few thousand followers, yet no sources for these claims. FourFourTom does the same, desperate to have exclusives or be"ITK"

True! Boooooo @ Twitter! If they were reliable Modric would have been a Chelsea player at the start of the season. I was foolish ;_;

Twitter is such a joke for transfers. Search "M'Villa" and the top tweets are "M'Villa deal is 100% done, say L'Equipe" from some Arsenal fans with a few thousand followers, yet no sources for these claims. L'Equipe say nothing of the sort.
FourFourTom does the same, desperate to have exclusives or be"ITK"
Definitely a big problem with Twitter, although I think this M'Vila story was first broken by some of these "ITK's" but then also by a couple of French journalists which gave it a bit more credibility.

One of the French newspapers also ran the story...obv. it's probably the equivalent of the Metro or something.

Full time students are exempt from jury duty but my summons will be during the summer holidays.

The exemption only holds during actual term time.

The fuckers did their homework.

It's the same in the U.S. that's why I did it during Christmas.

Let's go Athletic Club! I <3 You Llorente!

Just watching Sky Sports News now, they've got the Kean bit on.

Even without the other rumours, the situation at Blackburn right now is genuinely suspicious. It's not just incompetence.

Without doubt, Kean is linked to the owners and pulling strings.

I have never seen anythig like it I'm lost for words he has also said

'we had to take a step back to move froward'

'exciting times ahead'

'Venkys 100% right for the club'

'we lacked experience' ignoring the fact he sold Roberts. Nelsen, diouf and samba and froze out Salgado

He's just laughing at us now

Hixx

He's canny funny from the outside looking in.

Howard Wilkinson came out with some corkers when he was at SAFC but at least Murray had the good grace to sack the useless knacker.

Clegg

Re: M'vila to Arsenal

A journalist from the London Standard is reporting that Arsenal weren't too pleased about M'vilas price tag/wage demends.

Now I've just seen Philippe Auclair saying the exact same thing.

Auclair says that Arsenal are atill interested but aren't quite as enthusiastic as they were a week ago.

Carbonox

Re: M'vila to Arsenal

A journalist from the London Standard is reporting that Arsenal weren't too pleased about M'vilas price tag/wage demends.

Now I've just seen Philippe Auclair saying the exact same thing.

Auclair says that Arsenal are still keen but aren't quite as enthusiastic as they were a week ago.

Obviously means they're gonna sell Van Persie then and use the money used on his wages to help M'Vila, then use the leftovers to buy Yakubu.

Salvadora

I can see the wage demands being the big issue. 17.7 million for a young and very talented player isn't too much imo, If that was the price.

Bumhead

Banned
Why would the owners do this though? It seems like madness.

People are still looking at this like it's a football situation. If rumours are to be believed - and I only have an outsiders opinion of this based on heresay and rumour - the football club itself is nothing more than a means to a financial end for the people involved, and the success or failure of the club itself is irrelevant.

Without doubt, Kean is linked to the owners and pulling strings.

I have never seen anythig like it I'm lost for words he has also said

'we had to take a step back to move froward'

'exciting times ahead'

'Venkys 100% right for the club'

'we lacked experience' ignoring the fact he sold Roberts. Nelsen, diouf and samba and froze out Salgado

He's just laughing at us now

Kean's presser was just ignorant. There's no plan there. No idea on how he's actually going to adapt to The Championship. Just vague terms like "building a team" and whatever.

The man will get you relegated again within 3 seasons. But that's not surprising. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. He isn't a football manager.

But there's where the incompetence ends and the suspicion starts. The arrogance of his position. The calmness with which he disregards every negative about Blackburn Rovers right now. He's a man who knows his job is safe. Comments about the Venky's being 100% right for the club and the like.. it's rotten to the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom