• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

llorente.png

Why are Arsenal being tight/cheap? Are they in debt?

They are still paying off the stadium, and should loosen up a little once that is cleared, but they are structured so they can continue to make a profit as a team. Giving M'Vila a wage outside of the wage structure just creates pandemonium and you will see Song, Arteta, Walcott, etc all begin to demand higher wages based off the one player. Sometimes it is worth breaking the structure for a world class player, but not a young, largely unproven one such as Yann M'Vila.

Salvadora

They are still paying off the stadium, and should loosen up a little once that is cleared, but they are structured so they can continue to make a profit as a team. Giving M'Vila a wage outside of the wage structure just creates pandemonium and you will see Song, Arteta, Walcott, etc all begin to demand higher wages based off the one player. Sometimes it is worth breaking the structure for a world class player, but not a young, largely unproven one such as Yann M'Vila.

Pretty much. M'Vila will have other offers and I'm sure the Milan clubs for example will offer bigger wages.

Clegg

M'vila is also keen on moving to Arsenal.

Arsenal playing it cool right now. Probably don't want to give Rennes an extra bargaining advantage.

I think he'll be playing at the Emirates next season.

If Arsenal have identified M'Vila as one of their key signings, £18m isn't a fair price IMO.

Whether they should be spending that much of their budget on him I'm not sure. M'Vila is good and will make the team better but I think they need to strengthen in defence and on the wings/attacking midfield more urgently.

M'vila is also keen on moving to Arsenal.

Arsenal playing it cool right now. Probably don't want to give Rennes an extra bargaining advantage.

I think he'll be playing at the Emirates next season.
They better get it done before the Euro's.

Clegg

If Arsenal have identified M'Vila as one of their key signings, £18m isn't a fair price IMO.

Whether they should be spending that much of their budget on him I'm not sure. M'Vila is good and will make the team better but I think they need to strengthen in defence and on the wings/attacking midfield more urgently.

They better get it done before the Euro's.

Arsenal were interested last season too weren't they?

If he has a good Euro's then price would probably go up by £3m-4m.

People are still looking at this like it's a football situation. If rumours are to be believed - and I only have an outsiders opinion of this based on heresay and rumour - the football club itself is nothing more than a means to a financial end for the people involved, and the success or failure of the club itself is irrelevant.

Kean's presser was just ignorant. There's no plan there. No idea on how he's actually going to adapt to The Championship. Just vague terms like "building a team" and whatever.

The man will get you relegated again within 3 seasons. But that's not surprising. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. He isn't a football manager.

But there's where the incompetence ends and the suspicion starts. The arrogance of his position. The calmness with which he disregards every negative about Blackburn Rovers right now. He's a man who knows his job is safe. Comments about the Venky's being 100% right for the club and the like.. it's rotten to the core.

Yet people including folk on here blame the fans and say we deserve it for how we have treat Kean.

Anyone who sees any amount of him should see straight through him

GQman2121

Banned
To be fair, they kind of filled similar roles once upon a time. Except Chad's antics weren't those of douchbaggery. He's a pretty cool guy from everything I've seen.

No doubt. He's an extremely likable guy. He was asking on Twitter if anyone in the Boston area had off today and wanted to meet up and go shopping. Who does that? He does it all the time though.

Kyoufu

Ah, thanks for the clear up.

Carbonox

I can't believe Danny Simpson is still only on around 10k a week given the likes of Alan Smith and Xisco are still being paid over 50k a week. No wonder Danny is considering his options in the Summer. To be fair, that's not a deserved wage (yeah yeah in an ideal world footballers probably wouldn't even be paid this much but you know what I mean) for a guy who's been for the most part excellent.

He seriously needs to be offered a solid new contract. I want him to stay.

elsk

Banned
Heh, I will go Fady-crazy here!

Happy birthday elsk, my fellow bayern friend!

Happy B.day elsk !

Happy birthday to you!

Feliz cumpleaños cabrón.

its a fucking big thing indeed. didnt expect that some years ago!! happy birthday btw, hope u have a nice day, mate :)

Happy bday bro!

And happy birthday elsk! :D

Happy Birthday elsk!

Oh and happy Bday Elsk
Too bad Dortmund is gonna destroy your week of happiness

thank you guys! (sorry if I missed someone)

Kyoufu

I can't believe Danny Simpson is still only on around 10k a week given the likes of Alan Smith and Xisco are still being paid over 50k a week. No wonder Danny is considering his options in the Summer. To be fair, that's not a deserved wage (yeah yeah in an ideal world footballers probably wouldn't even be paid this much but you know what I mean) for a guy who's been for the most part excellent.

He seriously needs to be offered a solid new contract. I want him to stay.

I wonder what Pardew is on himself. Wages at Newcastle are probably very low all round.

GQman2121

Banned
Look who showed up for the PES 2013 presser in Brazil this morning.......

AsaEF0DCEAAf-4w.jpg

He's pictured here with Jon Murphy, who is the games community manager.

Carbonox

I wonder what Pardew is on himself. Wages at Newcastle are probably very low all round.

He's on less than a million. 500k IIRC.

Well if we can afford to pay Xisco and Alan Smith over 50k all these years, I'd imagine that's the upper level of wages we will pay. Definitely not near the 100k mark as that was one of our biggest problems in the past.

GQman2121

Banned
Happy Birthday elsk!

I hope you get all your celebrating in this weekend because the following weekend will be nothing but pain.......

:p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Happy B'day again elsk ;)

Maurizio Zamparini on RAI radio: "I'll be the next coach of Palermo. There, I'm giving you a massive scoop."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom