• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy B'day again elsk ;)

Maurizio Zamparini on RAI radio: "I'll be the next coach of Palermo. There, I'm giving you a massive scoop."

He's trying to be such a smart ass. Also announces that he had bought Dybala a few weeks ago but both he and his agent denies it, lol. He also managed to scare off the Arabs it seems, surprised it took him that long to be honest. Now Migliaccio, Balza and Miccoli all seem to be going too, the last few players who looks like they give two flying shits.

Preparing for serie b in a season or two.

Imagine how much money was lost by firing Carlo + Andre combined.
And the £13m you paid Porto to take AVB from them.

I think I read Chelsea have spent £70m hiring/firing managers. Madness.

Cabaye + Ben Arfa in France's provisional squad for the Euro's. Kaboul and Koscielny there too.

Carbonox

Cabaye + Ben Arfa in France's provisional squad for the Euro's. Kaboul and Koscielny there too.

Nice. Cabaye is a certainty as he's been a staple in the squad for a while now. Ben Arfa definitely deserves it too. Kaboul and Koscielny wouldn't be bad picks either.

Fady K

70m....

I guess the dilemma when you're as rich as Roman is, shall we keep digging that hole, or pay more money to dig somewhere else?

Chelsea should have never sacked Ancelotti. That was so so stupid.

They've more or less done the FA/FAYC double this season though. Youth side 4-0 up from the first leg of the final.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea should have never sacked Ancelotti. That was so so stupid.

They've more or less done the FA/FAYC double this season though. Youth side 4-0 up from the first leg of the final.

Correct. Finished 2nd in the league and he's sacked, stupidest fucking thing

No doubt. He's an extremely likable guy. He was asking on Twitter if anyone in the Boston area had off today and wanted to meet up and go shopping. Who does that? He does it all the time though.

When he played for Cincinnati and I went to school near there, he used to always ask where he should go for dinner, and then would tell people that he will pay for the first 200 people who show up after him in the restaurant. He always came off as really lonely though. I don't keep up with him as often as I used to, but I always felt bad for him.

Chelsea manager job is such easy money.

You actually have to be a half decent manager first though. Zamparini will hire anyone who is willing to suck him off and not call him out on his bullshit and then he will fire them after 4 weeks again. Last year it was 5 managers... One of them he fired twice though after rehiring him only a few weeks after saying he ruined the club.

We need more mad men in football.

Slizz

I don't understand the hate for the checker pattern on the new United kit.

Kits used to have all sorts of stupid shit on them.... I have a 1991 United kit that has flames on it, granted they are the same color as the kit so you can only really see it when light hits but still...

No one cared :(

To much of a circle jerk in there it seems.

Kits used to have all sorts of stupid shit on them.... I have a 1991 United kit that has flames on it, granted they are the same color as the kit so you can only really see it when light hits but still...

You just compared Checkers to fucking flames. Flames always win.

sneaky77

In terms of ugly kits we win

b_20080620124759_Camiseta_Ketchup_camiseta_ketchup_display_image.jpeg

Wilbur

Banned
To much of a circle jerk in there it seems.

You just compared Checkers to fucking flames. Flames always win.

Yeah they're all wrapped up in Captain America sperm despite that film blowing more shit than is possible

I just don't like Nike's designs with our kit. I know not much can be done with red, but City's kits for the last few years are lovely, and Chelsea's new one with the gold is lovely too. Madrid's with the gold, also hot. If those plain shirts can be awesomes, why can't ours?

Slizz

Yeah they're all wrapped up in Captain America sperm despite that film blowing more shit than is possible

I just don't like Nike's designs with our kit. I know not much can be done with red, but City's kits for the last few years are lovely, and Chelsea's new one with the gold is lovely too. Madrid's with the gold, also hot. If those plain shirts can be awesomes, why can't ours?

I like City's kits this year but the one thing that is fucking dumb is the collar on it:

mcfc-87067.jpg

Otherwise very plain just like United's last 2 seasons kit where only the collar changed...

man-united-home-shirt-front-1.jpg

Slizz

My form is dropping on Fifa, I might get relegated to division 3 tonight.

That would pretty much ruin my day.

FIFA 12 has pretty much run its course for me... I'll play it against friends only now I think. I was highly anticipating EURO2012 to freshen up my football gaming needs but EA fucked that up.

Arnie

Neil Mellor has retired. Medical reasons. Only 29, thought he'd be in his 30s be now.

Bit of a shame really, I'll always like him for that goal against Arsenal. Remember leaping onto my nana's sofa with my grandad when that flew in.

Just had a text from my mate who's the host of our radio show, he says he's recorded an intro with Milan Mandaric. He's at the big Wedensday dinner thing in the town hall now.

Messi

Got to check out the new Chelsea kit that comes out tomorrow. Nice quality, gold looks good. Typical Adidas design/material.

Shopkeep told me it is €75 and I laughed

Wilbur

Banned
Daily Mail's top 10 signings of the season...

10. Yakubu
9. Demba Ba
8. Ashley Young
7. Anthony Pilkington
6. Scott Parker
5. Yohan Cabaye
4. Michel Vorm
3. Papiss Cisse
2. Juan Mata
1. Sergio Aguero

dc89

546231_10150816573507746_7724542745_9953334_2035651679_n.jpg

ffs, the badge is stuck on again.

That's why I'm going to relish next seasons City shirt, the last one as Umbro. Infact, I might keep this seasons too, and buy a spare one.

Going from fitted, well manufactured and stitched shirts to shite is not on in my eyes.

Az

I agree with that list, mostly.

Also just an FYI since most people are Euro's here, EviLore has banned the DailyMail as a source as far as I know.

Wilbur

Banned
That's why I'm going to relish next seasons City shirt, the last one as Umbro. Infact, I might keep this seasons too, and buy a spare one.

Going from fitted, well manufactured and stitched shirts to shite is not on in my eyes.

I was so tempted to get one of City's away shirts but nahhhhhhh

I agree with that list, mostly.

Also just an FYI since most people are Euro's here, EviLore has banned the DailyMail as a source as far as I know.

Yeah, that's why I didn't quote it. Am I not allowed to even mention it haha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom