• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Makes sense, though, doesn't it? It's why Matri didn't get much playing time after we switched to 3-5-2. I guess Conte can tolerate one old school punta in the middle of the attack when we're using 4-3-3, but otherwise ... If Del Piero were to stay with us, I'd bet all my money on Matri leaving, but since he isn't, Matri'll probably stay.

You know who's not a static prima punta? Cavani.

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself

edit:
choodi's post for the new page, sorry dude :p

Didn't someone say that their reason for buying the club was to cross promote their chicken business?

If that's the case, then whatever you do has to negatively impact that part of their business.

Try to get some sort of investigation into their treatment of chickens going. Cruelty to animals is always an emotive issue and you dont have to care about football to hate them for that.

Didn't someone say that their reason for buying the club was to cross promote their chicken business?

If that's the case, then whatever you do has to negatively impact that part of their business.

Try to get some sort of investigation into their treatment of chickens going. Cruelty to animals is always an emotive issue and you dont have to care about football to hate them for that.
That actually may be a great idea, especially because the animal treatment rights in India could be vastly different than in the UK and the Western World.

Bumhead

Banned
Apparently tomorrow's early editions of the Daily Mail have us down as being interested in signing Roger Johnson from Wolves.

It's going to be a long summer.

Carbonox

100 Posts Per Page, join GAF-Gold

untitled-6adkzk.gif

Smart kit from Liverpool, very simple. I'm not a fan of that collar though, I don't mind collars on shirts, infact often they can be quite nice, that one looks a bit flimsy though.

Looks like quite a loose fit.

Arnie

Smart kit from Liverpool, very simple. I'm not a fan of that collar though, I don't mind collars on shirts, infact often they can be quite nice, that one looks a bit flimsy though.

Looks like quite a loose fit.

I'm not really a fan of collars on shirts either, prefer v-necks. Would rather have had a slightly tighter fit too, does look a wee bit baggy, although I suppose that's going to be refreshing after the current kit which is tighter than a nun's arsehole.

If there's one thing I'd have wanted though it's slightly shorter sleeves. I don't want to look like Jose Enrique or anything but I don't like the feel of them coming down to near your elbows.

Yen

If there's one thing I'd have wanted though it's slightly shorter sleeves. I don't want to look like Jose Enrique or anything but I don't like the feel of them coming down to near your elbows.

Yeah but you're a man in a child's body. For lanky people like me, the sleeves are too short and tight (on this season's kit). I've noticed it on some of our lankier players too - Kelly.

Arnie

Yeah but you're a man in a child's body. For lanky people like me, the sleeves are too short and tight (on this season's kit). I've noticed it on some of our lankier players too - Kelly.

Aye, me and Jay Spearing are being consumed by our shirts.

Thinking about it the kit we've had the last two years was properly shite. Far too thick, far too restrictive, and didn't look particularly nice either. Don't know what they were thinking with the diamonds.

What's on the back? Flame 96 Flame ?
Yea. Wish '96' was in a bigger font though. Store's still down for me.

Yen

Thinking about it the kit we've had the last two years was properly shite. Far too thick, far too restrictive, and didn't look particularly nice either. Don't know what they were thinking with the diamonds.

Terrible fit. I'm very skinny, to add to being tall, but an XL just about fit me, when I would normally wear L. Think XXL was designed for behemoths as well.

Messi

I thought it was just me. The sleeves on this seasons Barca kit are so short I cant wear it.

TrueBlue

ChelseaGAF; the official Chelsea awards were handed out a few hours ago:

Player of the year - Juan Mata :) :) :)
Young Player of the year - Lucas Piazon (Wish you guys would see this guy in first team action soon, he's special)
Chelsea goal of the season - Ramires vs Barcelona
Chelsea player's player of the year - Ramires

Totally agree with these choices, Mata has been immense.I haven't seen Piazon in action yet, hopefully on Sunday? Ramires is such a big loss for Munich, I hope we can cope without him...

elseanio

Yea. Wish '96' was in a bigger font though. Store's still down for me.

Yeah, found a better image

9kXxo.jpg

PaulLFC

The store's loading for me, but the page doesn't display properly and it's very slow. Found a picture of the free t-shirt though:

HP_kitpromo_sidebanner_may12.jpg

Not amazing, I might just wait and try it on in the shop.

Looks like very nice high quality material. Wonder if it'll carry over to the replica. Awesome said Warrior usually do, so good news for LFC fans.

GorillaJu

The subtle pinstripes look good too. It looks rather "hard" to me. The longer sleeves, looser fit.. Much more masculine than anything Adidas has given us. Leave it to the Americans for that, right?

Arnie

Wish they gave us free printing rather than that wank t-shirt. It'll probably come in XXL too. Just said this to my mate, but the best thing about it is it looks like it was designed in the PES edit mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom