• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I didn't even notice that one, I like that....

For some reason I have my heart set on this one:

werder_bremen_away_soccer_jersey_2012__66995.jpg

It was this video that made me love the kit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaogjZNGonI

This year's Wolfsburg will be tight:

Hixx

If by different bands you mean Blur and Damon Albarn in particular: yes

And he called Robbie Williams a fat take that dancer.

Not only these but he hates Geordie's too which is all right in my book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8bUcQlu95Y

“I don’t think there’s a greater sight than seeing fat Geordies crying on Match of the Day.
“Topless Geordies crying. They should make it a sport in the Olympics: make a Geordie cry. And all that Geordie nation nonsense; the Geordie nation? What does that mean?”

article-1302258135446-02505495000005DC-703040_466x503.jpg

Messi

The wonderful world of SoccerTriads.com

I can't bring myself to order fake kits :/. Quality looks great though. Nearly bought a long sleeve barca home CL kit with abidal but they don't stock XXL. Only considered it due to the fact that barca don't sell CL kits like idiots.

Meier

Is it Noel who always talks shit about different bands?

Both are rather opinionated and Noel famously wished AIDS on Damon Albarn back in the day, but Liam is typically more volatile in general. Noel definitely doesn't hold back his opinion on other bands though. He's softened a bit in recent years though seemingly.. even had nice things to say about bands he had "slammed" in the past.

Wilbur

Banned
I forgot Kompany, He'd be on the list. Not De Jong though.

I just think De Jong's a massively effective player. Wouldn't have many DMs ahead of him

Where'd you get the Gotze shirt from? I want with Gotze on the back. :(

SoccerTriads. Fake but quality is lovely.

That woohoo song is nice

:p

BAH. So much more than that! Think Tank's a brilliant album, very late Radiohead soundy

All overrated britpop that thinks too highly of themselves. The UK music is in that regard very similar to the footballers

I'll agree Oasis are massively overrated but Pulp and Blur are great.

Carbonox

Pretty sure there's been mention that Guthrie can leave free on a Bosman.

Yeah, I was hoping he'd accept a new contract on false promises, then we'd sell him a few days later for uber profits...

But yeah, whoever gets him for free will be a lucky sausage. He'll compliment many mid-table teams for sure. Liverpool especially.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Carbonox

Awesome. Have you guys played Revelations yet? It's the one AC game I haven't played yet outside of the facebook/iPhone games.

Very happy with the direction they took for this one. Feels like a breath of fresh air.

Revelations is brilliant. Lovely end to Ezio and Altair's story.

Fady K

ChelseaGAF; the official Chelsea awards were handed out a few hours ago:

Player of the year - Juan Mata :) :) :)
Young Player of the year - Lucas Piazon (Wish you guys would see this guy in first team action soon, he's special)
Chelsea goal of the season - Ramires vs Barcelona
Chelsea player's player of the year - Ramires

Revelations is brilliant. Lovely end to Ezio and Altair's story.

So I've heard :)! Can't wait to go through it myself :) One question, is Constantinople well designed like Italy was?

Messi

ChelseaGAF; the official Chelsea awards were handed out a few hours ago:

Player of the year - Juan Mata :) :) :)
Young Player of the year - Lucas Piazon (Wish you guys would see this guy in first team action soon, he's special)
Chelsea goal of the season - Ramires vs Barcelona
Chelsea player's player of the year - Ramires

Chelsea's goal of the season was Cisse

Fady K

Didn't play the AC spin offs. I'll stay with the trilogy for now.

By spinoffs do you mean Brotherhood and Revelations? If so, fret not - the one I played so far, Brotherhood, was excellent, and more than an "expansion" to the second game.

Unless you mean the DS/iOS (Discovery/Altair's Chronicles) or the PSP (Bloodlines - not bad!) game then you're not missing out on much.

No arguments with Ramires or Mata. They've been superb for Chelsea. Stood out way beyond any other player in the team.

Mata really gave it his all this season.

Agreed with the both of you. My personal favorite Chelsea player at the moment.

Chelsea's goal of the season was Cisse

Well if Cisse were a Chelsea player I wouldn't have the slightest bit of doubt he'd get that award :p

1 thing consistent about Chelsea this season is Mata.

He's been excellent...so vital for the team. At times he was tired and couldn't do a thing (like against Barcelona) but the thing is - did you guys know the only Chelsea player who played more than him this season is Petr Cech ? Insane.

Not liking that Liverpool shirt the yellow is rank

I have a 9 hour conference training call tomorrow then the same saturday and Sunday fuck my life (for the next 3 days)

Yen

Stale Solbakken is apparently the new Wolves manager, according to Mail, Times on Twitter. Also a Liverpool fan, according to John Martin Henrikson.

Hixx

Stale Solbakken is apparently the new Wolves manager, according to Mail, Times on Twitter. Also a Liverpool fan, according to John Martin Henrikson.

This is quite amusing. If only for the gifs Wooden
terribletasteinmusic
Lung posts.

Arnie

Pretty much known now, just need a high res at midgnight

Can't wait to order my Lucas one at midnight. I think it looks gorgeous, and unlike Jeff I really prefer the gold. Best thing about the shirt is the return to the old badge, so much better. Hope it has the flame and '96' on the back of the collar as was rumoured.

Are they revealing the away and the third tonight too?

Yen

Can't wait to order my Lucas one at midnight. I think it looks gorgeous, and unlike Jeff I really prefer the gold. Best thing about the shirt is the return to the old badge, so much better. Hope it has the flame and '96' on the back of the collar as was rumoured.

Are they revealing the away and the third tonight too?

No, the LFC Store Manager said it was only the home.
Afaik, they're being released a month apart. 1st June, 1st July, 1st August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom