• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschalter

77zKv.png

Why can't I find the original dammit guys!!

airplane-sunset.jpg

xintin

ChelseaGAF; the official Chelsea awards were handed out a few hours ago:

Player of the year - Juan Mata :) :) :)
Young Player of the year - Lucas Piazon (Wish you guys would see this guy in first team action soon, he's special)
Chelsea goal of the season - Ramires vs Barcelona
Chelsea player's player of the year - Ramires
All the right choices. Piazon is really, really good from what I've seen. He was on the bench twice for AVB but sadly never got into the game.

HKCat_Splash.jpg

Pepe's looks even better. Trying to order but the store's down.
I was hesitant when I saw mockups, but that is one classy shirt. Material looks pretty thick but I cant really tell from the pics.

Messi

All the right choices. Piazon is really, really good from what I've seen. He was on the bench twice for AVB but sadly never got into the game.

I was hesitant when I saw mockups, but that is one classy shirt. Material looks pretty thick but I cant really tell from the pics.

Getting the new Chelsea kit?

rififi

According to Marca (take with a grain of salt) Barcelona has reached a deal with G.Bale and will pay Spurs 40m for him. I think Jordi alba is better defender unless they plan to get both.

I saw that on Marca as well, but they also made note that Bale still has the final say on whether or not he will go. For some reason, I can't see him playing outside the Premier League.

When was the last time Barca had a British player anyways?

I saw that on Marca as well, but they also made note that Bale still has the final say on whether or not he will go. For some reason, I can't see him playing outside the Premier League.

Gary Lineker and Mark Hughes.

choodi

Banned
For all the Newcastle fans, where do you go for all your team/fan news etc?

Being a Newcastle fan in Australia can be a bit difficult sometimes with all the "news" sources mainly concerning themselves with other teams.

I go to a couple of fan fun sites (www.nufc.com, www.themag.co.uk), but are there any others worth visiting?

Messi

the away kit is even worse, haha. the qatar foundation logo isn't exactly helping either.

their 2010/2011 kit, on the other hand, is beautiful.

Swoon, the best barca kit in a long time. I have 6 of them, all in various stages of wear and tear from overuse. All printed and badges.

definitely. still need to pick up this years too.

I have two, Drogba and blank

Yay! Love the warrior kit. Any non prem team and I would have ordered it because it's warrior. :/

Can't wait to see the away. Bet it will look just as classy and I hope the third will be just as wild as some of their lacrosse prints. :D

Messi, I'm sorry but the gradient is just terrible. The solid stripes look much better.

sixghost

Heitinga got chosen to be Everton player of the year? FUCK YEAH, the heit is awesome.

He's been fantastic this year. I much prefer him partnering Distin since he's much better distributing the ball than Jagielka, there's such a noticeable difference in the passing from the back when he's there.. Hope he plays well in the Euros.

Meier

According to Marca (take with a grain of salt) Barcelona has reached a deal with G.Bale and will pay Spurs 40m for him. I think Jordi alba is better defender unless they plan to get both.

40 million? If he was sold at that price, that'd be a significant surprise.

Clegg

United have a first refusal option on 18 year old Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez. He's scored 10 goals in 15 games so far.

Get hype?

TeegsD

So A Bola are putting out a story that Bale has agreed terms with Barcelona and is just waiting on Tottenham's approval. If this is true I'm going to eat my shoe.

B-B-B-BEATEN

GorillaJu

40 million? If he was sold at that price, that'd be a significant surprise.

Really? How much more do you think a player like Bale should cost? He's a godlike athlete but I don't think he's worth much more than 30m. That said if Tottenham doesn't get into the CL this year and next and get a better manager, you could see Bale going to a top tier club like Barça.

No idea whether it'll happen or not or whether Barca even want him, but Bale has said he would like to play abroad as far as I know. And good on him. British players need to get out of here and go play elsewhere.

Really? How much more do you think a player like Bale should cost? He's a godlike athlete but I don't think he's worth much more than 30m. That said if Tottenham doesn't get into the CL this year and next and get a better manager, you could see Bale going to a top tier club like Barça.
I think his surprise would be at how high the price is.

United have a first refusal option on 18 year old Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez. He's scored 10 goals in 15 games so far.

Get hype?
I think I was reading somewhere that BVB are after this guy and that if we want Kagawa maybe they will request that we let them have Henriquez. I might just be making that up but it sounds very familiar. Anyway, we're not buying anyone remember. We have first refusal and we will gladly take that up and let him go elsewhere. #depressed

Clegg

I think I was reading somewhere that BVB are after this guy and that if we want Kagawa maybe they will request that we let them have Henriquez. I might just be making that up but it sounds very familiar. Anyway, we're not buying anyone remember. We have first refusal and we will gladly take that up and let him go elsewhere. #depressed
If United can't pay the £3.5m necessary to get Henriquez then we are really in the shit.

Henriquez has been described as a more mobile RVN. This intrigues me.

Don't know about that Kagawa story but Henriquez looks like the real deal. Kagawa is a brilliant player but it puts United in a tough position. A potential world class striker or a great creative midfielder?

If United can't pay the £3.5m necessary to get Henriquez then we are really in the shit.

Henriquez has been described as a more mobile RVN. This intrigues me.

Don't know about that Kagawa story but Henriquez looks like the real deal. Kagawa is a brilliant player but it puts United in a tough position. A potential world class striker or a great creative midfielder?
Both man. It should be both. Wouldn't cost what, £15m for the two of them?

I don't know anything about this Henriquez fella but I doubt we could get a work permit for him.

Clegg

Both man. It should be both. Wouldn't cost what, £15m for the two of them?

I don't know anything about this Henriquez fella but I doubt we could get a work permit for him.

Agreed. But Dortmund could refuse United permission to negotiate with Kagawa unless they get Henriquez.

Anyway we don't even know if this story is true.

Fuck it though. Henriquez and Kagawa plz.

Agreed. But Dortmund could refuse United permission to negotiate with Kagawa unless they get Henriquez.

Anyway we don't even know if this story is true.

Fuck it though. Henriquez and Kagawa plz.
Story seems to have a lot of weight behind it.

RedCafe thread on him.

Pics of him with SAF sometime last year and apparently he's been coming over here to train and stuff. Seems we're interested in him at the very least.

Can't wait for Sunday for Kagawa to announce he's joining us :)

Clegg

The Sun and the Mirror are reporting that Arsenal are after Kagawa now.

Wenger saw the low price and is now in for Shinji.

Fuck.

Lunchbox

Banned
choose between mvilla and kagawa wenger you piece of shit

your feeder club is gonna sell whoever you get to city in 2 years anyways, so fuck off

The Sun and the Mirror are reporting that Arsenal are after Kagawa now.

Wenger saw the low price and is now in for Shinji.

Fuck.
Not surprised. If we want him I'm sure we can have him though. Not worried about Arsenal's pull over ours, though they did take Ramsey off us haha.

BTW I got into detective mode and found Henriquez's twitter. Somebody asked him on there in March when he's moving to United. He replied with;

Angelo Henríquez ‏ @Anriquez9
@GinnyDhaliwal i don't know... Hope soon but i have to improve a lot yet

It seems he is ours whenever we want him.

Shinji would fit better in Arsenal.
I agree. Would be a great signing for them to play off RVP. But nah, we wants him. Plz Fergz.

Clegg

I find it slightly worrying that I'm believing what the Sun and the Mirror are reporting.

This is how desperate I've become for some good news about United transfers.

Sign him up ffs.

And I hope the Henriquez deal doesn't turn into another Ljajic fiasco.

We had the player and then cancelled at the last second.

Hopefully we'll exercise the right to buy Henriquez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom