• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I know it's all pointless but we are trying to think of ways of sending a message to Venkys.

Apparently nothing here will affect them so thinking of targetting India maybe.

Rovers groups are in talks with the spirit of shankley getting tips etc at the mo

Any suggestions no matter how daft are appreciated

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Become vegetarians :p
I'm not going to quote it but it's nice.

If its real you need to get it with Dzeko on the back Yurt.

Gianni Di Marzio: "I am good friends with Conte. He does not want static strikers, so you can rule Dzeko out."

-_-

Yen

Guys I know it's all pointless but we are trying to think of ways of sending a message to Venkys.

Rovers groups are in talks with the spirit of shankley getting tips etc at the mo

Self-immolation?

Hixx

Go after their chicken company.

Find the chicken equivalent of metacritic and USER REVIEW THE SHIT OUT OF THEM.

Arnie

No, the LFC Store Manager said it was only the home.
Afaik, they're being released a month apart. 1st June, 1st July, 1st August.

Alright, makes sense I suppose. Glad they're keeping that ghastly third kit for last, we'll need a good laugh during the barren summer break.

Honestly Jeff I think a really good thing you guys could do is get some famous Blackburn fans to star in videos telling the Venkys to fuck off. Obviously you guys are passionate about the issue, but doing such a thing is the best way to get the wider football world involved.

This is the one we did, and it was excellent. Got a lot of people talking.

You want Daft? Start posting banners of offensive shit at the stadium. Things that date back to the time when they were just a colony of Britain. Drive them away that way. It won't be good for the image of the club though.

Go after their chicken company.

Find the chicken equivalent of metacritic and USER REVIEW THE SHIT OUT OF THEM.

Funnily enough I have looked up a large poultry convention happening in India, some fans have contacts there but it's a case of paying them enough to picket it.

Daft ideas sometimes work.

Another idea is to target the ipl final for something, fans are willing to donate to make something happen.

And yes I personally told them straight what would happen if they kept Kean, problem is balaji (the daft lookimg one) is the one with an actual passion for the club and wants rid of him but his big sister is the one with the power and she likes Kean and his wife.

I can't bring myself to order fake kits :/. Quality looks great though. Nearly bought a long sleeve barca home CL kit with abidal but they don't stock XXL. Only considered it due to the fact that barca don't sell CL kits like idiots.

How big are you Messi? There is no way you are much bigger than I am.

Bumhead

Banned
Honestly Jeff? Boycott the games.

Normally I would agree, but if the Venky's aren't in it for the interests of the club, and if they're not reliant on the club to generate income (as their blase attitude to relegation might suggest), then will a boycott work? Hitting the pockets only works if the pockets need Blackburn Rovers to be full.

Arnie

I'll repeat, make a video and litter it with a few famous faces. Will get people watching and listening. Only needs a couple of B tier celebrities and you're good to go. Surely there's a couple Blackburn fans in a position of relative power willing to help. You can be in there too Jeff, tell them to fuck off and try to get it circulated within the national media.

I'm 5'7 and well built. Don't know my weight, don't own any scales. The good thing about being my height and build though is it's easy to put on muscle and fill out. T-shirts also look pretty class.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Normally I would agree, but if the Venky's aren't in it for the interests of the club, and if they're not reliant on the club to generate income (as their blase attitude to relegation might suggest), then will a boycott work? Hitting the pockets only works if the pockets need Blackburn Rovers to be full.

Oh I didn't mean financially! Seeing an empty stadium would surely send a clear message to the owners.

I'll repeat, make a video and litter it with a few famous faces. Will get people watching and listening. Only needs a couple of B tier celebrities and you're good to go. Surely there's a couple Blackburn fans in a position of relative power willing to help. You can be in there too Jeff, tell them to fuck off and try to get it circulated within the national media.

I'm 5'7 and well built. Don't know my weight, don't own any scales. The good thing about being my height and build though is it's easy to put on muscle and fill out. T-shirts also look pretty class.

How about x or y tier celebs?

We have Wayne Hemingway, Carl fogarty, jim Bowen and Dr Who lol

Bumhead

Banned
Oh I didn't mean financially! Seeing an empty stadium would surely send a clear message to the owners.

But you're talking about a group of people who regard a full Ewood calling for them and the manager to leave, for just about every game in a 38 game season, as a "minority". They don't give two fucks what the fans think when the ground is full and they won't care about the message of an empty stadium unless it hits their bottom line.

An empty Ewood would do nothing unless it effects their wallets, but the problem is whether or not they're financially invested enough in the club for their wallets to be effected by any mass boycott.

Arnie

How about x or y tier celebs?

We have Wayne Hemingway, Carl fogarty, jim Bowen and Dr Who lol

They'll do. Get Dr Who, that's fairly big. Then just pack it with passionate fans. Some good video editing and a provocative audio track could do wonders too. Perhaps get someone with a commanding Lancashire accent to read that poem out from the other day, or sections of it.

Fintan

One thing I don't understand about the Venky's thing is the reason they bought Blackburn in the first place. Did they expect to make money out of it? Branding to help move chickens? What are they getting out of it?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But you're talking about a group of people who regard a full Ewood calling for them and the manager to leave, for just about every game in a 38 game season, as a "minority". They don't give two fucks what the fans think when the ground is full and they won't care about the message of an empty stadium unless it hits their bottom line.

An empty Ewood would do nothing unless it effects their wallets, but the problem is whether or not they're financially invested enough in the club for their wallets to be effected by any mass boycott.

Good point.

Maybe they don't speak English after all? :p

"Oh hey they're chanting Kean's name again!"
jWQISPirEc0sD.jpg

I knew Messi(lol at the juxtaposition) was a tall guy and I wanted to see how much taller he was since he needed XXL size kits when I only grab XL

ATF487 said:
Shit I missed the britpop conversation!

The answer is obviously Super Furry Animals

Didn't they sponsor Coventry city like ten yrs ago?

Zabojnik

Gianni Di Marzio: "I am good friends with Conte. He does not want static strikers, so you can rule Dzeko out."

-_-

Makes sense, though, doesn't it? It's why Matri didn't get much playing time after we switched to 3-5-2. I guess Conte can tolerate one old school punta in the middle of the attack when we're using 4-3-3, but otherwise ... If Del Piero were to stay with us, I'd bet all my money on Matri leaving, but since he isn't, Matri'll probably stay.

Wilbur

Banned

Destroy India. All of it. Especially the chickens.

choodi

Banned

Didn't someone say that their reason for buying the club was to cross promote their chicken business?

If that's the case, then whatever you do has to negatively impact that part of their business.

Try to get some sort of investigation into their treatment of chickens going. Cruelty to animals is always an emotive issue and you dont have to care about football to hate them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom