• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

564955_462700023746694_141973839152649_1990951_1066433_n.jpg

WE ARE THERE

Manager

I still think the title will be more interesting than people are making out. If City go in at half time at 0-0 and United are winning it'll be one hell of a finish.

It's football, so much crazy shit has happened this season it would be naive to rule anything out!

Newcastle can still (and will) get CL football :p

I would agree with them if City played some 10th placed team that had nothing to play for. But QPR will go out to WAR tomorrow. They fight for survival. They will give 110%.

If anything, this is the most exciting it could get with this table.

It promised to be more interesting a couple weeks ago.

For example if United were 1 point ahead; game at Sunderland is difficult and you'd expect City to beat QPR. As it is most people feel its over.

Relegation battle has also been settled for 2 teams, seemed like it could have been 2/4 or even 2/5 going down depending on the last day. As it is it's 1/2z

Battle for 3rd/4th is the most gripping IMO.

If United were one point ahead I'm sure people would be sure they'd win it, just like people claim City will win it today. In my view Sunderland isn't much resistance, in United fans' view QPR is no resistance.

bjaelke

It promised to be more interesting a couple weeks ago.

For example if United were 1 point ahead; game at Sunderland is difficult and you'd expect City to beat QPR. As it is most people feel its over.

Pretty much. City and United have been like night and day since the 8 point gap. United needed a small lead coming into tomorrow's game if it should be interesting. No one expects City to drop points at home to QPR.

VM8pE.gif

Looking forward to seeing Borussia in action, before we inevitably meet in the CL group of death come september. Didn't get the chance to see them much this season over the screams of BAAAYEEEEEEEERNNNNN.
Cheers, I'm also looking forward to meeting our old rival :D

/edit
KKpSh.png

lol, wtf? :(

Hixx

I would agree with them if City played some 10th placed team that had nothing to play for. But QPR will go out to WAR tomorrow. They fight for survival. They will give 110%.

If anything, this is the most exciting it could get with this table.

If United were one point ahead I'm sure people would be sure they'd win it, just like people claim City will win it today. In my view Sunderland isn't much resistance, in United fans' view QPR is no resistance.

thats what man city thought

Manager

Pretty much. City and United have been like night and day since the 8 point gap. United needed a small lead coming into tomorrow's game if it should be interesting. No one expects City to drop points at home to QPR.

City's group is heavily unexperienced in this situation and has bottled it several times this season already. They can play like utter shit tomorrow, and Mancini has a history of not really being able to fix things tactically during a match.

Moving up Yaya against Newcastle was one of the few impacts I've seen a sub from him had, and he's also tried that many times before without success.

If it's 0-0 at HT I'll be scared shitless.

Messi

Would it be wrong of me to get Del Piero on the new Italy away kit as a tribute. I am a big fan of him but not sure if utd wierd getting him on a kit for a team he no longer plays for.

Fry

Would it be wrong of me to get Del Piero on the new Italy away kit as a tribute. I am a big fan of him but not sure if utd wierd getting him on a kit for a team he no longer plays for.

So what? Wouldn't you get a Zidane shirt these days too? ;)

Were United 1 ahead that would still have been 7 points dropped in 4/5 weeks, very poor and very slippery. Winning at Sunderland would not be guaranteed whatsoever.

ATF487

Here is the EPL tv schedule for tomorrow for all of us Americans in the the thread.

England, Manchester City vs. QPR 10 a.m. ESPN2, ESPN3.com

England, Sunderland vs. Manchester United 10 a.m. FX, Fox Deportes, (tape at 5 p.m. on Fox Soccer)

England, West Brom vs. Arsenal 10 a.m. Fox Sports Net (tape at 1 p.m. on Fox Soccer)

England, Spurs vs. Fulham 10 a.m. Fox Soccer

England, Everton vs. Newcastle 10 a.m. foxsoccer.com free stream

England, Chelsea vs. Blackburn 10 a.m. SPEED

England, Swansea vs. Liverpool 10 a.m. Fuel TV

England, Stoke vs. Bolton 10 a.m. Fox Soccer Plus

Thanks for this! I'm planning on a solid 4 hours in front of the TV, starting with the Spanish Grand Prix.

oh yeah BAYERN

Score a hat trick and bid them farewell Shinji. At a wedding now. When I come back I wanna see a quote from Shinja-Ninja confirming he's coming to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom