• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
It has been like that for a lot of years. Except for the 2010 summer, when Robinho was paid around 18M, every other transfer window was like that. Last year: Taiwo and Mexes for free, Aquilani on loan, Nocerino 500k, other half of Boateng 7.5, half of ElSha 7.5= 15.5M. Berlusconi doesn't want to spend any more money on Milan, plus his son and his daughter don't want to see other family money "thrown away" at the team. Which also explains why we've had players like Seedorf, Zambrotta and Gattuso all this time: relying on those players is cheaper than buying some new ones.

I'm not making this up, our transfers have almost always (95% of the time) been like that, sadly.

Can't believe Nocerino was only 500k...

Any pictures of Henry or Beckham?

Or just post your favourites!

When NY comes to town I dont usually get many shots since its a rivalry when any we meet in any sport.
I did whip my cell phone cam out tho last year and captured 2 moments.

This was the atmosphere/plus a taste of the section I sit in on gameday. Its only MLS but our team gets alot of support :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8wux7ne52Y

And with Beckham..you never know if he's gonna play. Plus, like NY, its a big game so its hard to take photos or enjoy the game. But I got this one about 2 years ago.
DSC_0641.jpg

Facism

Gold Member
FEEEEEEENNNEEEEERRRRRR

/blablurn

No Alex, no Gokhan Gonul.

Going to be Galatasaray's first win at fenerbahce in 10 years :'(

Who's bright idea was it to have this playoff? Going to be a fucking massacre tonight, both on the pitch and in the stands. going to be so much

dc89

I was out before and I saw the France home shirt.

To my surprise my GF said she actually likes it! Now this is huge lol, she hates football shirts with a passion. She has a degree in Fashion so she's hard to please on the fashion front.

I also showed her the old away kit, white with the thin dark/navy stripes, she loves that.

o_O

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks for the pictures Pkm!!
Hazrard tweeted to say he only has 2 games left to play for Lille.

He loves the attention!
Ugh, I'm going to laugh so hard if he flops..

I was out before and I saw the France home shirt.

To my surprise my GF said she actually likes it! Now this is huge lol, she hates football shirts with a passion. She has a degree in Fashion so she's hard to please on the fashion front.

I also showed her the old away kit, white with the thin dark/navy stripes, she loves that.

o_O

Show her our pink shirt, dc :p

dc89

Thanks for the pictures Pkm!!

Ugh, I'm going to laugh so hard if he flops..

Show her our pink shirt, dc :p

Haha!!! Will do. I've shown her the Hello Kitty mock up one before. She wanted to like it cause of the Kitty but wanted to hate it at the same time.

Found this. Best I got of Henry for NY.

Henry.jpg

I'll be at the game tomorrow night when NY come to town again, dont think Henry is playing tho :(

Our season runs spring-->fall so for the rest of the summer (and lets hope fall if we make the playoffs) I'll be at every game as usual in my usual seats :)

MPW

Fenerbahce vs Galatasaray - one match to decide who wins the league and gets automatic cl spot (iirc)

there is gonna be good!

Zabojnik

FEEEEEEENNNEEEEERRRRRR

/blablurn

No Alex, no Gokhan Gonul.

Going to be Galatasaray's first win at fenerbahce in 10 years :'(

Who's bright idea was it to have this playoff? Going to be a fucking massacre tonight, both on the pitch and in the stands. going to be so much

2012_3_2_15_46.jpg

Nice shots, Pkm!

Zabojnik

gs is getting lass, u know, someone who doesn't beat up his teammate

He did it because he cares too much. Anyway, why not get both? C'mon Gala!

I'm watching Pescara - Torino too.

My fucking god, Verratti... what a player! He is the REAL deal.

F...Forza Toro? I want them to come back to Serie A, 6 sure points for us. :D And I guess if Pescara stays in Serie B ... Verratti'll be easier to steal.

Facism

Gold Member
man we aren't doing to bad considering the squad. Bekir, Orhan, selcuk, semih, all utility players.

also, Cakir the Clown reffing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He did it because he cares too much. Anyway, why not get both? C'mon Gala!

F...Forza Toro? I want them to come back to Serie A, 6 sure points for us. :D And I guess if Pescara stays in Serie B ... Verratti'll be easier to steal.

Forza
Pasquato!

Zeman can go fuck himself :p

edit: Ciro Immobile makes it 2-0. His 27th goal this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom