• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

offshore

Goodness me Sneazy son, WTF
KuGsj.gif

FootballFan

Yeah I know about Barca's B. However I do feel that it's a fair bit anti-competitive towards the weaker teams, sry ;(
Third division should be the ceiling, imho.

Fair enough, some of those players left though and so has the coach, hence why they aren't doing as good this season.
I think the ceiling is right in Spain, as long as the same club isn't in the same division then its okay.

vall03

just got home and for fucks sake, Arsenal 1 - Norwich 2?! the fuck! no Champions League next season confirmed! *sigh*

Kyoufu

Like the season we finished second with 40 goals conceded (4 less than Man U's)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996–97_FA_Premier_League

Or the season before that when we finished second having only coceded 37 goals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_FA_Premier_League

Dated cliché that our defence was shite during the mid-90s.

Nah. Our defending was horrible. Look at the games we dropped points in.

Keegan's philosophy was "offence is the best defence" so we were the "entertainers" due to our brilliant attacking gameplay.

Defending was shocking under him though, so we couldn't hold off teams from outscoring us sometimes.

Nah. Our defending was horrible. Look at the games we dropped points in.

Keegan's philosophy was "offence is the best defence" so we were the "entertainers" due to our brilliant attacking gameplay.

Defending was shocking under him though, so we couldn't hold off teams from outscoring us sometimes.

It really wasn't as terrible as people want to think it was.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It was coming. You cannot miss chances the way Norwich did and expect to get a result here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom