• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

That Utd FB page thread is incredible:

A tree don't make a forrest,one thing is for rooney to play well,another is for fergie to put up a dick ass starting eleven

Seriously haven't had a laugh like this in a long time. Going light-headed.

WJD

Not sure whether it's about time I had a new avatar or not. Feel a bit silly with it now, even though Tevez will forever be cunt.

PaulLFC

Frogson
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
That Utd FB page thread is incredible:

Seriously haven't had a laugh like this in a long time. Going light-headed.

Had to stop reading because I was laughing too hard on the tram

Not sure whether it's about time I had a new avatar or not. Feel a bit silly with it now, even though Tevez will forever be cunt.

Yeah go on... We'll let Tevez have his moment. Bring it back when Raf breaks his face next season.

Awards dinner tonight is it? Welbeck will win young player, and I reckon player will go to Rooney or Valencia although I'd like to see Carrick win it.

Anderson

We fucked up and you took advantage, well done, Arsenal were slightly less bottling than Spurs in the end. You still have a terrible defense and have only one regular goalscorer who will probably leave and even if he doesn't, he will never have another season like this one.

There is no possible way that the amount of off field shit that happened to Spurs will happen next season, so enjoy one final year above us.

Doubt it, can see modric and bale leaving you, Adebayor won't sign permantly. RVP is 50/50 for us but I expect us to make a few more signings, even AW can't ignore the shitness this year. How we got 3rd is a mystery

Still our worst team in years still beat your best and we will improve next season

K1LLER7

Awards dinner tonight is it? Welbeck will win young player, and I reckon player will go to Rooney or Valencia although I'd like to see Carrick win it.
Jonny Evans deserves something too, had a great season.

Ruud van Nistelrooy retired, great player.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Doubt it, can see modric and bale leaving you, Adebayor won't sign permantly. RVP is 50/50 for us but I expect us to make a few more signings, even AW can't ignore the shitness this year. How we got 3rd is a mystery

Wenger has already said you will have a very quiet summer and RVP already said goodbye after yesterday's game with his 'whatever happens' spiel. You already signed your RVP replacement and it doesn't sound like you'll do much more.

Our chairman has said we won't be selling our best players and our manager has said we will buy boldly this summer.

Wilbur

Banned
Jonny Evans deserves something too, had a great season.

Suppose so. I'll always have a stigma against him, he's fucked up too many times for me to ever truly trust him but he's done great.

De Gea as well! Deserves recognition for a great second half of the season. Kept us in a few games.

faridmon

Why the hell is Duckroll posting here? Leave us alone with our sport. I left the Anime thread and now...

Anyway, Great victory yestwrday. We made Newcastle look like League 1 team and to be frank, this solidifies how poor other teams have been. We score 3 and gave 1.

Where is your god Cisse, now Kyofou?

faridmon

I'm more commenting on the fact that he's making such a big deal out of it to be honest. As if the entire aim of the season season wasn't to win trophies, or get into Europe, but to finish above Liverpool. Sad.
You are making a mountain of a small pathetic molehill. No one at Everton is that happy to finish above you, because let us not kid here, you guys have been pathetic. But if its makes you sleep well at night, sure, pretend that we are partying to a great extend over a few point lead.

Moyes, in the MoTD interview, have clearly stated that he was not happy about it. Full stop.

K1LLER7

Suppose so. I'll always have a stigma against him, he's fucked up too many times for me to ever truly trust him but he's done great.

De Gea as well! Deserves recognition for a great second half of the season. Kept us in a few games.

Never forget this save

de-gea-save-o.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Wonder which team McLeish is going to try to relegate next. Imagine him and Avram Grant coaching a club together :lol:

He should go to the continent and manage there for a while. Although I think he'll do media work for the next year given the settlement we'll given him as Faulkner is a dumbass for hiring him in the first place, and on such a stupid contract.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Always good hearing about a terrible manager getting sacked, congrats Villa! You deserve better.

-
I might as well stop trying to pretend I'm over it. It gets me every damn time. :( One. More. Game. Forza Capitano, we still need you!

One more game, and hopefully one more title for him.

gIXOi.jpg

We better throw him one helluva testimonial game later on. With Trezegoal, Camo, Nedved and all of the old guard :(

There is no possible way that the amount of off field shit that happened to Spurs will happen next season, so enjoy one final year above us.

You say this one day after finishing ahead of you for the 17th straight season. You're either delusional or retarded.

Wenger has already said you will have a very quiet summer and RVP already said goodbye after yesterday's game with his 'whatever happens' spiel. You already signed your RVP replacement and it doesn't sound like you'll do much more..

Of course, you interpret minuscule things to suit your agenda and whatever makes you feel good. I could be equally petty and dig up comments about Bale and Modric made over the last week, but honestly I don't give a shit. RvP may indeed leave but it won't be because you say so, Doris.

Clegg

It'll be a while before I get over what happened yesterday but there is too much to look forward to this summer.

I expect there will be some transfer business made before the Euros, as well as the Euros themselves.

And fuck those twats on the United facebook page.

Carbonox

Why the hell is Duckroll posting here? Leave us alone with our sport. I left the Anime thread and now...

Anyway, Great victory yestwrday. We made Newcastle look like League 1 team and to be frank, this solidifies how poor other teams have been. We score 3 and gave 1.

Aye we were shite yesterday. I think the loss to Man City hit us harder than anyone might let on, due to it effectively ending our Champions League hopes. Plus you had the momentum and form. Our defence displayed very easily how inconsistent it can be.

PaulLFC

You are making a mountain of a small pathetic molehill. No one at Everton is that happy to finish above you, because let us not kid here, you guys have been pathetic. But if its makes you sleep well at night, sure, pretend that we are partying to a great extend over a few point lead.

Moyes, in the MoTD interview, have clearly stated that he was not happy about it. Full stop.
It was one comment - by bringing up something said pages ago you're making a bigger deal out of it.

You'll notice I never said anything about anyone at Everton, including Moyes. I was referencing the specific comment that I quoted.

elseanio

vpFiY.jpg

Liverpool's player of the season. Think we have one more year out of him, and if we don't make top 4 he (with a few others) will be gone.

It was one comment - by bringing up something said pages ago you're making a bigger deal out of it.

You'll notice I never said anything about anyone at Everton, including Moyes. I was referencing the specific comment that I quoted.

I searched back about 10 pages before getting bored. What post were you quoting?

faridmon

Aye we were shite yesterday. I think the loss to Man City hit us harder than anyone might let on, due to it effectively ending our Champions League hopes. Plus you had the momentum and form. Our defence displayed very easily how inconsistent it can be.

Meh, I was just jesting and I am quite a big fan of how Newcastle have performed this season so congratulation. Maybe you guys were thin king about the holidays and the beach in Spain because that game of yours was just an abomination. Also, you guys have showed Moyes that a great start to a season will get you a great deal and I really hope he and the team aim higher next season by not lose the first 10 games or so.

Again, I congratulate you lot and hope we beat fair and square next season as well: p

It was a top of a page so I could not help noticing, that reference to quote won't change the fact that no one at Everton is happy about our position, and if those who are happy exists, then they should be ashamed of being an Everton fans. Our start of the season was yet again horrendous and maybe if you would ask me at that time, I would be happy if we didn't relegate. But the pathetic situation we were in was thoroughly strengthened the moment we started playing good football. God, how I loathe our bad start to every season.

Been saying it for a while but once again if Spurs buy the two players they need, a ST and CB who are good enough, they have a very very good team. Not seen much of Remy or Vertonghen but it sounds like they could be those players. Obv they need to keep hold of their better players too.

If they get those two they'll have a team better than Arsenal's by some distance IMO, of course Arsenal will be looking to buy too.

The real problem Spurs have is Harry though. Their team is comfortably better than Arsenals IMO but 'Arry is leagues behind Wenger.

faridmon

Also, I forgot to mention, but I was in a German Pub in Temple on Saturday the atmosphere was eclectic and Congratulation to Dortmund for winning the double. I ended going out with Dortmund fans and have a blast a nightclub.

Dortmund fans are awesome.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You say this one day after finishing ahead of you for the 17th straight season. You're either delusional or retarded.

Of course, you interpret minuscule things to suit your agenda and whatever makes you feel good. I could be equally petty and dig up comments about Bale and Modric made over the last week, but honestly I don't give a shit. RvP may indeed leave but it won't be because you say so, Doris.

lol

It really is that easy to wind you up. The Kermit of Arsenal.

offshore

G Nev just appointed to the England staff. Might actually do some good.

Four year deal as well.

Former England and Manchester United defender Gary Neville signs a four-year deal as a coach with Roy Hodgson's England set-up.

Hodgson said: "Gary has achieved so much in the game as a player with Manchester United and England.

"He has obtained Uefa coaching qualifications and will be tremendously respected by the players because of his vast experience as a player.

I hope this doesn't threaten his role on Monday Night Football... =)

Good appointment though. Never thought I'd say that. lol

Kyoufu

Oh snap. Gary Neville appointed as Roy Hodgson's assistant coach or something for England.

Awwwwwww yeah.

edit: beaten hard, but lovin it.

Wilbur

Banned
4 year contract for Nev. Awesome. I guess Rooney has to stop calling him tea bag on twitter now :lol

Brilliant. What is he, a coach? I didn't even know he was taking badges.

Would love to have him, Giggs and Scholes in charge of us to some degree.

Edit: answered above

faridmon

Also, congratulation to Man City and Man-City-Gaf for winning the title in such a fashion, I was almost out of breath by the end of the game and the way Aguero handled himself under that immense pressure was truly magnificent.

kottila

This would make for a good skit if it wasn't real. Wish I knew what the keeper was saying.

he said (after the game) that he respected the decision of his team, but in his eyes the keeper fucked up and the game should've gone on. For him a one on one situation was a fair outcome for the other team and that he really tried to save it.

Brilliant. What is he, a coach? I didn't even know he was taking badges.

Would love to have him, Giggs and Scholes in charge of us to some degree.

Edit: answered above
He has the A + B badges. I'm glad he's moved into coaching, seems he'd be great there. Hope he gets some good experience for England and then, if he enjoys it, moves into managing a lower league club.

Kyoufu

You're still Everton therefore nobody gives a fuck. You'll always be in Liverpool's shadow despite finishing above them in the league, they and Newcastle are both in Europe. Where are you?

Nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom