• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-3iyxq5.gif

:'(

faridmon

You're still Everton therefore nobody gives a fuck. You'll always be in Liverpool's shadow despite finishing above them in the league, they and Newcastle are both in Europe. Where are you?

Nowhere.

Cry Moar. We have been there since you were fishing in the small league. The fact that we beat have beaten you means that at least you are giving a fuck by losing to us, nobodies.

Cry Moar

vall03

man, I can't believe people are still hating on the "trophyless" Arsenal finishing 3rd and saying that its a "shallow" celebration... *sigh*

offshore

"Gary Neville on his appointment as part of the England coaching team:

"Roy Hodgson asking me to be a part of his staff and to work with the national team is not only an honour but a very special moment for me.

"I had absolutely no hesitation in accepting this role and I am relishing the opportunity to work alongside Roy and the team at the Euros and through to the next two tournaments."

This is how La Liga would have ended without Messi and Cristiano goals.

MessiCronoLaLiga.png

Barcelona would be fucked.

So, it's not that La Liga is broken, it's that Cristiano and Massi are xD

faridmon

Playing Europa League next season, what are Everton playing again?
Nikica-Jelavic-celebrates-008.jpg

Sorry, I can't hear over the loud cheering I am having by scolding you, but nevertheless, congratulation on Europe. If we can beat, so can Molde of Norway beat you easily. Good luck with that.

Also, why the hell was Cabaye attacking that Bellboy? The cuntish behaviour of Newcastle is getting into him, I see.

Carbonox

Sorry, I can't hear over the loud cheering I am having by scolding you, but nevertheless, congratulation on Europe. If we can beat, so can Molde of Norway beat you easily. Good luck with that.

Also, why the hell was Cabaye attacking that Bellboy? The cuntish behaviour of Newcastle is getting into him, I see.

'Bell' boy is right I guess. He refused to give the ball to Cabaye so Cabaye - needlessly I should add - pushed him. A telling off would have sufficed for the kid I guess. He did hug him and apologise at half time though.

Wilbur

Banned

MessiCronoLaLiga.png

So, it's not that La Liga is broken, it's that Cristiano and Massi are xD

Holy shit. Good to see Madrid would have still won the league but with a 25 point drop, and Barca are way too reliant on Messi.

Also in regards to Newcastle - Everton beef:

hIvqK.gif

faridmon

Anyway, I am looking forward to the next season already. I can see Liverpool coming stronger, Tottenham getting weaker, and Newcastle in the mid-table, Fulham surprising and Chelsea underperforming.

Us? the same old story :(

'Bell' boy is right I guess. He refused to give the ball to Cabaye so Cabaye - needlessly I should add - pushed him. A telling off would have sufficed for the kid I guess. He did hug him and apologise at half time though.
Fair enough. He was a kid, but if he have apologised, then all is well that ends well. Cahil was pissed off because of that though. Well with out Cahill in the few matches in the first few matches might actually win us some games, so cheers for that Cabye.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks Sunhi!

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
A3pCQ.gif
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif

A3pCQ.gif
----
A3pCQ.gif
A3pCQ.gif
A3pCQ.gif

Also, this guy is amazing. And cheap.

http://www.ecodellosport.it/img/vincenzo-iaquinta.jpg[IMG]

[/QUOTE]
Haha I love this picture!

[quote="Spanish Wrath, post: 37854013"]
[IMG]http://king-football.com/bb/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/MessiCronoLaLiga.png[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Would love to see a Serie A table without Ibra's goals. Or without his penalties at least?

choodi

Banned

I'm just teasing mate.

I am actually really conflicted about the whole situation because Cabaye is my favourite Newcastle player, Cahill is my favourite Australian player and I have always had a soft spot for Everton as perpetual underdogs.

Plus every time I look at your Gary Speed avatar, I get sad thinking about how great he was for Newcastle and how sometimes the world is just fucked.

Lets call a truce and just agree to make fun of all the Liverpool and Sunderland fans, ok?

man, I can't believe people are still hating on the "trophyless" Arsenal finishing 3rd and saying that its a "shallow" celebration... *sigh*
It SHOULD be a shallow celebration for a club like Arsenal though. This might sound overly dramatic but the moment people at the club, fans, staff, especially players, begin thinking finishing 3rd is an achievement of any sort (for a club like Arsenal) is the minute you being to go down a very slippery slope.

Ugh, Mail have pictures of things saying PL champions Man United, like stands to hold the trophy and stuff. So close...
SUCK IT UP!

elseanio

"Telegraph Sport ‏ @TelegraphSport
Kenny Dalglish and Steve Clarke have flown to Boston for summit talks with #LFC owners FSG - story to follow"

The end of season review, now taking place in Boston, will determine Dalglish fate. FSG known to be unhappy at failure to challenge for CL"

Clegg

I wouldn't be surprised if United went in for Sneijder again.

Inter have had a poor season and are in a weaker position than they were 12 months ago.

I'm not sure I'd want him at United though. He can be brilliant but his form has been patchy and he doesn't have a good injury record.

choodi

Banned
Kenny Dalglish and Steve Clarke have flown to Boston for summit talks with #LFC owners FSG - story to follow"

The end of season review, now taking place in Boston, will determine Dalglish fate. FSG known to be unhappy at failure to challenge for CL"

Do any Liverpool fans really expect their team to perform any better under Dalglish next season?

Wilbur

Banned

Inter have had a poor season and are in a weaker position than they were 12 months ago.

I'm not sure I'd want him at United though. He can be brilliant but his form has been patchy and he doesn't have a good injury record.

I don't want him. He's wasted his talent, he's had one sterling season in about 10 years of football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Sneijder had one good season in his career with Mourinho.

edit: Listen to the Willbury!

I'M SUCKING I'M SUCKING

Guardian says 'Vermaelen is arguably in the same class as Kompany'. Bahaha. Gonna have to learn to hold a defensive line first

He's a different kind of defender IMO. Kompany is a leader, like Rio. Vermaelen is a tool of mass destruction like Chiellini and Vidic.

That boat sailed when he joined Inter.

This summer it's all about..

HIk5C.gif

faridmon

I'm just teasing mate.

I am actually really conflicted about the whole situation because Cabaye is my favourite Newcastle player, Cahill is my favourite Australian player and I have always had a soft spot for Everton as perpetual underdogs.

Plus every time I look at your Gary Speed avatar, I get sad thinking about how great he was for Newcastle and how sometimes the world is just fucked.

Lets call a truce and just agree to make fun of all the Liverpool and Sunderland fans, ok?

Truce it is then.

I really like Newcastle and this season they did prove they are great, but some of their fans are just getting under my skin
Kyoufu and his stupidity
. But fair play to you and Carbonix.

Good luck next season in Europe, Make sure you bring enough ammunition to bring down Molde in teh Europa League.

faridmon

last year, there were some rumors that bayern was interested. he didn't want to leave everton at that time. so maybe....

He was injured and there are strong buzz around the Everton campus that he actually said that he may have played his last game for us :(

£30 Million, and it is deal Bayern.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hmm, Vertonghen was apparently in the corporate section at White Hart Lane yesterday.

excellent

spidye

He was injured and there are strong buzz around the Everton campus that he actually said that he may have played his last game for us :(

£30 Million, and it is deal Bayern.

30m for a defender? no way bayern is going to pay so much for a good defender.

we need more strikers and midfielders.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
redknapp is lampard's uncle????
D3lON.gif

sohois

http://king-football.com/bb/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/MessiCronoLaLiga.png[IMG]

So, it's not that La Liga is broken, it's that Cristiano and Massi are xD[/QUOTE]

It's kind of a silly table since it also seems to assume that both teams would replace their star players, key men in the attack, with Stewart Downing, someone who contributes absolutely nothing in terms of goals and assists. Indeed, it really assumes worse than that, assuming that both teams would simply be playing with 10 men in any of the matches where Messi & Ronaldo played.

choodi

Banned
Good luck next season in Europe, Make sure you bring enough ammunition to bring down Molde in teh Europa League.

It's the glamour ties in the frozen Scandinavian wastes and deep dark former communist bloc countries that get me excited about the Europa League!!! ;)

elseanio said:
Yes, I think most Liverpool fans want to give him another year.

But what is it that makes you think he has the ability to improve your league position?

His signings have ultimately all proven to be flops (so you can't really expect him to make a decisive signing that is going to transform your team), he has proven to be tactically inept in this modern game, and there is only so much his status as a "club legend" can do to motivate the team.

Realistically, where do you expect to finish next season under Kenny?

spidye

a RVP type of guy would be perfect, hope Robben tells him how much better Bayern is compared to Chelsea / Barca / City ;)

RVP would have been really great but he will stay at arsenal.
we need good defenders much more than a striker right now.

I'M SUCKING I'M SUCKING

Guardian says 'Vermaelen is arguably in the same class as Kompany'. Bahaha. Gonna have to learn to hold a defensive line first

Both are clowns, add Vertonghen, Van Buyten and Alderweireld and you have the worst and most overrated backline in international football.

Oh and someone asked what team we would field up for the Olympics, well none since our kids didn't qualify, disappointing after getting 4th place in Beijing.

Meier

It looks like the City bus tour/parade starts at 12:30 CDT. dc or whomever, if you find out about a live broadcast, post the link!

Not a bad deal really. Not many clubs can afford to spend 60-70 it'd take to buy Falcao and this provides them with a replacement striker who has the talent to be a great one and some extra cash. But obviously Marca's not a reputable source so I guess we'll see. Smart for both parties if it happens though.

fuenf

RVP would have been really great but he will stay in arsenal.
we need good defenders much more than a striker right now.

Rummenigge already confirmed in todays Kicker that we wont buy anymore CBs. Guess a Alaba back up is still on the table but i wouldnt count on anyone special (maybe they extend Contento).

Best case scenario imo: Sahin + Giroud.

Wilbur

Banned
Both are clowns, add Vertonghen, Van Buyten and Alderweireld and you have the worst and most overrated backline in international football.

Oh and someone asked what team we would field up for the Olympics, well none since our kids didn't qualify, disappointing after getting 4th place in Beijing.

Kompany's awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom