• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Pogba can go fuck himself.

He's 19 and inexperienced. There is no way he would have been given that many games this season anyway.

Yawn. Do one Pog. His agent said today that they're close to signing with Juve but that Man United won't give up. Well which one is it? They're just after more money and probably hoping that United put a big offer on the table or are trying to get Juve to give them a little bit more.

It's gone on so long I'm just bored of it.

The club has been very weak in this negotiation I feel. Should have made an offer and set a deadline.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah. It's one thing people like Hazard acting like a money whore, but it's another when a player whose done fuck all starts.

Mate, he has a point though. Why not give the kid a run out rather than play members of the squad out of position? If they value him enough to put him on the bench and take up a spot there, then you must trust him enough to play him in his position.

It's one of the reasons I won't feel bad if Elia leaves. At least we gave the kid a crack at it. I hope he sticks around buti get it if he doesn't.

FootballFan

I was watching the 2011 Arsenal Barca 1st leg this morning. Wilshire was fucking amazing. Seriously, jizzed all over the place.

He played a damn good match, that was a fantastic game for both sets of fans imo. One of the better CL games in the last couple seasons.

I keep hearing good things about Valero Borja. How is he?

Borja Valero is one of my more favoured La Liga players outside of the Barca players(unfortunately he came from Real Madrids youth academy). Good passer, vision and positioning. Heaps of good players that Villareal won't be able to keep. G.Rossi, Nilmar, Cani, Valero, Marco Ruben, M.Senna, De Guzman etc. I wonder where they will all end up.

jSfQbyhzLwo0A.png
jl4qeSv4Xpf68.png
lpmWE.png
jQ43nsPuYBN7u.png
3KzEo.png
JYboz.png
kvQIo.jpg
OelLQ.jpg
WcAzJ.jpg
lvpP5.jpg
LtFnu.jpg
jQ43nsPuYBN7u.png
jMNh2hp07P6dj.png
jHiyYo0nSxdic.png
j2d1TwV7579mS.png
jHxhHbQm8ooyg.png
jx6jX67gM2FP1.png
jbyp0guII1KPBN.png
jHeeWB3r8dJjc.png
j9D1JWtiDp54z.png
j6ALaq3NW7Mnx.png
jwHm7UiZDZONe.png
jreLjGDPJZli8.png
jbl1jOm9fH8Svc.png
js9BcBienZUFf.png
jxGZMfLX8Ed6k.png
j31AzeD1RmzV1.png
jgX7rh0ut88Db.png
jx7jhx5L1mUuI.png
jbmw2a0FlSugpH.jpg
VryU6.png
cQCgW.png

iMuSUuV9edXUA.gif

<3 Fadys jacket avatar is so bad lol.

Mate, he has a point though. Why not give the kid a run out rather than play members of the squad out of position? If they value him enough to put him on the bench and take up a spot there, then you must trust him enough to play him in his position.

It's one of the reasons I won't feel bad if Elia leaves. At least we gave the kid a crack at it. I hope he sticks around buti get it if he doesn't.
I don't have a problem with him wanting more game time. This isn't just about game time though. That seems pretty obvious now.

He's been stalling for over 6 months with the contract now. He should just decide whatever he wants and announce and be done with it.

TeegsD

Pogba is a cunt. You are a player for Manchester fucking United. I would give my left nut for that opportunity. All these fucking guys care about if money, do they even care for the game anymore?

I honestly hope he just fucks off. I don't want someone playing for us when I damn well know their heart isn't in it. Go be a mercenary for someone else.

Fucking cunt.

Salazar

And Pog was on the bench because he was being fast-tracked at his own (and Raiola's) instigation.

It wasn't a "Woah, this kid is way too good for Res. football".

Meh. I have no hard feelings towards him. We knicked him off another club in the first place. Just the way it works these days. Pogba is a talented lad and it's a shame we will lose him...but if he wants to go to Juventus there is nothing you can do if his heart is set on it.

United have taken good care of him. Fergie knows how to manage his players, Pogba has been rated highly by everyone at the club since he day he arrived. He would have made it to the first team and had his chances to prove his worth to the club. He needed to be patient about it and I guess he doesn't want to be, fair enough, his choice. It's clear his agent has interfered. There were no problems until 6 months ago, suddenly he has switched to the infamous Raiola and here we are a few months later, he is about to leave when for all intents and purposes it makes sense for him to stay at United. Even Juve fans would acknowledge that, look at their midfield and then look at ours. Raiola has a history for this kind of thing, that has played a part too I am sure. People in and around the youth and reserve team have said many times that ever since he arrived he has loved it here, always spoke about wanting to make it to the first team, worked hard and has never been a problem. Things only got problematic when Raiola came on the scene.

These things happens. He has always shown respect to the club and been professional about it. Good luck to him.

Wilbur

Banned

Like Viva said, it's not about denying him game time. It's about him thinking he's above everyone else in his age group and demanding a wage despite him having proved anything. I think we should have played him more but he can't expect to be on a huge wage when he hasn't proved his worth yet.

FootballFan

Like Viva said, it's not about denying him game time. It's about him thinking he's above everyone else in his age group and demanding a wage despite him having proved anything. I think we should have played him more but he can't expect to be on a huge wage when he hasn't proved his worth yet.

Isn't that last bit kinda contradictory ?
How can he prove his worth if he doesn't get any game time ?

Like fadetoblack said about Elia. Or for example Chygrinsky at Barca, he got sold after he got a turn, he tried but he failed. Pogba doesn't seem to be getting a chance even though United are in dire need of CM's, even bringing back Scholes or playing Giggs at CM. Yet they wont give Pogba a try.

Being subbed in the 80th minute against Stoke doesn't count. A proper showing, from start to finish against Wolves or QPR, at least something. If he isn't trusted enough to play, why is he on the bench.

I think both parties are in the wrong sorta.. Pogba is only 19 and shouldn't really expect to be starting, but United have a great prospect on their bench who can maybe fill in where their biggest problems are(in midfield).

So in conclusion:
Mino Raiola is an asshole.

Wilbur

Banned
Isn't that last bit kinda contradictory ?
How can he prove his worth if he doesn't get any game time ?

Like fadetoblack said about Elia. Or for example Chygrinsky at Barca, he got sold after he got a turn, he tried but he failed. Pogba doesn't seem to be getting a chance even though United are in dire need of CM's, even bringing back Scholes. Yet they wont give Pogba a try.

Being subbed in the 80th minute against Stoke doesn't count. A proper showing, from start to finish against Wolves or QPR, at least something. If he isn't trusted enough to play, why is he on the bench.

I think both parties are in the wrong sorta.. Pogba is only 19 and shouldn't really expect to be starting, but United have a great prospect on their bench who can maybe fill in where their biggest problems are(in midfield).

So in conclusion:
Mino Raiola is an asshole.

In that situation he should either decline to sign a contract or be patient, not aim for millions. I agree we should be playing him, but if we're not he shouldn't even entertain the idea of a contract if he thinks he's good enough to play first team football right now. But it's the agent who I have the biggest problem with yeah.

Salazar

Like fadetoblack said about Elia. Or for example Chygrinsky at Barca, he got sold after he got a turn, he tried but he failed. Pogba doesn't seem to be getting a chance even though United are in dire need of CM's, even bringing back Scholes or playing Giggs at CM. Yet they wont give Pogba a try.

His game is still at a wild-card stage. He needs, ideally, to go on loan to a manager who will tell him to get on the pitch and do A,B,C and fucking nothing else or he'll be dragged off and given a bollocking.

I know I'm a broken-record twat, but that's what turned Clev into a CM prospect for us.

That process is what gets reserve team players into a reliable frame of mind for the first team. Not being given a chance because he has too much potential for us to annoy him. And he wouldn't be going on as a solution to our midfield problems anyway. We couldn't keep an atom of fucking possession - even though our midfield play is generally get it and move it stuff. And Pogba would tend to exacerbate that, not fix it.

And you've seen his tackling.

Clegg

I've started listening to Billy Joel after years of avoiding his music like the plague.

He's actually really good. The thread in the OT reminded me to post about it here.

Clegg

Are you in that New York State of mind.
Thats a cracking song. I'm basically avoiding Uptown Girl and everything after that.

I am listening to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPHHpi1bUA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDyZrm_4gHo&feature=related

And a bunch of jazz I am chasing up from watching Treme.

Always liked Martha Wainwright. Not too keen on the kpop though. Haven't really listened to much jazz. I'll have to change that.

I finished MGS 2 a while ago and I can't stop listening to the credits song.

Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday

Choc

Banned
Will we all be here for the richest game in football?

No no, you might think its the Champions League final but its not

The Championship Playoff is this weekend with West ham and Blackpool!

It is by the revenue the club gets out of it over the PL season the richest game in football.

Pachimari

Kaka has been pretty good this season, decisive in some games actually. He wants to stay and he probably will stay even I'm pretty sure we'll offload him if the right offer turns up, he has a huge salary.

Clegg

Its been confirmed that The Last Guardian won't be shown at E3.

First FF Versus 13 and now TLG?

Must be a pretty awful time for Sony.

Clegg

Sony will show some good games for Vita.

The problem for them is that nobody is actually buying their products.

There are people that bought PS3's for FF Vs 13 and TLG.

These games are still nowhere near release. Thats pretty diabolical for Sony imo.

choodi

Banned
SPOILER ALERT.

Theon had the two Stark boys killed.

I've been waiting patiently for that moment to happen. I know a few guys that haven't read the books and I am really keen to hear their reactions when I catch up with them this weekend.

Also, more Ygritte is always a good thing :-D

tumblr_m3pvowbkGR1qftzl9o2_250.gif

GoT spoilers here everyone.

One of the few times where I've actually had to put a book down due to the disgust at what I'd just read.

Have you read the books, Viva?
Nope. Planning on reading them in the summer.

My jaw was just hanging open in disbelief at that. I'm not convinced they were the real Stark boys. Otherwise why wouldn't he have showed off all four bodies?
Maybe but I think it's real. The other two are quite irrelevant

I've been waiting patiently for that moment to happen. I know a few guys that haven't read the books and I am really keen to hear their reactions when I catch up with them this.
Couldn't believe it really. Almost as shocked as I was in S1.

Anyway don't wanna spoil it for anyone, massive following for the show and we have a thread for it on GAF, gonna go over there to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom