• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

JefbN.gif

Transfer news pretty bare this morning. Huh.

Zabojnik

So Villarreal got relegated.
I bet they'll have a yard sale now.
Nilmar & Rossi are bound to leave.
If you could chose one player for your fav. team - who would it be?
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/villarreal-cf/startseite/verein_1050.html

I'd go with one of their CBs or WBs as a backup for us.

I keep hearing good things about Valero Borja. How is he?

Agnelli, lol. Well, he is only 36 still and gave everything he had for the cause this last year, all the passion his cousin John Elkann (unfortunately for us, he's the one with the money) couldn't or wouldn't give. Stile Juve be damned for once. Hopefully John will slowly start to come around. It's their grandparents legacy, they better live up to it.

Salvadora

That's gotta be BS. Not taking anything away from Wilshire but Xavi and Iniesta had tons of passes.

Yeah, He was on 93.5 whilst they were on 95 & 95.6. Still incredibly impressive for a 19 year old in his first full season.
Edit: Passing accuracy I should have said.

dc89

It's ok dc you don't have to we believe you, you should have thanked Kompany for winning specially for you :p

Does anyone watch the us office? Just got to about the end of season 6 on Netflix, I was loving the earlier seasons and still like it but they totally ruined Jim and pam and made them smug douches, maybe the uk version had it right with them getting together at the end

:(:( I'm so unwanted.

---

City have issued an apology to United. Said it was a 'severe lack of judgement on Carlos' part' or something to that effect.

rififi

I was just looking through the statistics of La Liga, and Higuain has a 38% goal success rate. Messi has 25%, Ronaldo 18%, and Falcao 19%. Benz has 21%.

Please don't leave Pipita.

Kyoufu

I was just looking through the statistics of La Liga, and Higuain has a 38% goal success rate. Messi has 25%, Ronaldo 18%, and Falcao 19%.

Please don't leave Pipita.

Mourinho doesn't deserve Higgsy after benching him so fucking much. Fuck you Jose!

We'll buy him. We'll love him.

Hixx

Dunno if this has been posted.

[IMGhttp://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Manchester-United-lose-title-gif.gif[/IMG]

SO MUCH MILEAGE can be had with that GIF.

I'm surprised our lot knew the score before they did.

:(:( I'm so unwanted.

---

City have issued an apology to United. Said it was a 'severe lack of judgement on Carlos' part' or something to that effect.

Only messing mate

Enjoy your moment you have free reign over the summer :)

Keans a cunt we have been trying to tell folk this but the fans are the bad guys

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Del Piero admitted he pretended to tie his shoelace at one point, so we wouldn't see him cry. Fuck everything and everyone :(

tumblr_m40vcwZrhK1r30r4xo1_500.gif

tumblr_m40vcwZrhK1r30r4xo2_500.gif

I keep hearing good things about Valero Borja. How is he?

Agnelli, lol. Well, he is only 36 still and gave everything he had for the cause this last year, all the passion his cousin John Elkann (unfortunately for us, he's the one with the money) couldn't or wouldn't give. Stile Juve be damned for once. Hopefully John will slowly start to come around. It's their grandparents legacy, they better live up to it.

Don't get me started on John...

rodvik

Only messing mate

Enjoy your moment you have free reign over the summer :)

Keans a cunt we have been trying to tell folk this but the fans are the bad guys

Feel bad for you man. McLiesh very nearly relegated us but at least Lerner woke up. I am still gobsmacked Venky's havent done something.

Dibbz

Yeah, He was on 93.5 whilst they were on 95 & 95.6. Still incredibly impressive for a 19 year old in his first full season.
Edit: Passing accuracy I should have said.

Oh accuracy. Yeah he made so many simple well placed passes. No fancy stuff, just passing safe and smart. For such a big occasion it was amazing to see such composure.

Wilshere was fucking incredible that night

Yep I was stunned when I rewatched it because I forgot how good he was. I just hope he is as good without Fabregas playing along side him.

Manchester-United-lose-title-gif.gif

imager.php

lol

Wilbur

Banned

[IG]http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Manchester-United-lose-title-gif.gif[/IMG]

If this was any other club I'd find this fucking hilarious. Great gif but as it is DC I'm going to have to throw you some shades:

di-2e69ufaxd.gif

Del Piero admitted he pretended to tie his shoelace at one point, so we wouldn't see him cry. Fuck everything and everyone :(

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m40vcwZrhK1r30r4xo1_500.gif[/IG]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m40vcwZrhK1r30r4xo2_500.gif

Don't get me started on John...

Second gif is heartbreaking, he's on the verge. Legend

This may be the last straw

Please take him to court big Sam

Why has the guy who filmed it last summer not released it earlier though!

That's what I thought, why has it only come out now? It's like he's been on a year long bender in Hong Kong and just remembered his iPhone passcode.

Cheers for this. Nothing new but it's a fair point on the age of the squad.

Oh accuracy. Yeah he made so many simple well placed passes. No fancy stuff, just passing safe and smart. For such a big occasion it was amazing to see such composure.

I actually hadn't seen a game Wilshere had played apart from on MOTD last season up until then because of work, but he was incredible. Was so impressed with him.

Looks like some journos are going down the route of blaming the fan for filming it

Maybe slightly dishonest but it's not like the media are averse to it

The media are doing that? The ones responsible for phone hacking, fake sheikhs and insiders giving them sources? Fucking hell.

Bumhead

Banned
Tevez shouldn't even be there. Could quite easily have cost his team the title as much as he's contributed to it.

Cunt should have been told in no uncertain terms to sit at home and watch it on telly while twiddling his twat.

K1LLER7

Seeing G.Neville analysing on sky and now he's with England, got me to thinking whether he learnt from SAF and if Fergie analyses matches in similar fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom