• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

She will always be HHNGGGG

Also
p3mBM.png

I'd love to take that for a ride.

the car

choodi

Banned
For those watching Game of Thrones, I can't stress enough how much you should pick up the books.

Enough of that, back to football...

Considering Cabaye and (hopefully) Ben Arfa will be featuring at the Euros, I have decided that France will be my second team behind Greece
who will most likely not repeat their heroics from 2004 and will be knocked out early

Makes me feel kind of dirty, considering I usually hate the French.

Noirulus

Footy-GAF, are you going to play Diablo 3?

Waiting for the game to DL atm. First time on battle net and idk how it works (only ever played diablo 1 and 2 offline, hah) so here's my battle-tag if it helps at all: CityOfNoir#1212

elsk

Banned
:(

The wait is sooo annoying, especially after that terrible DFB pokal final.

I read that chelsea already announced their route for the celebration. Fuckers. We only lost 2 or 3 home games this year. Lets hope it stays like that.

I trust the lads to do their job. I don't really understand what happened in the Pokal, but for some reason we were defending only with our CBs... like in the LvG days!

Anyway, last melt-down worked well for us. Let's hope for the best
I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

Blablurn

I trust the lads to do their job. I don't really understand what happened in the Pokal, but for some reason we were defending only with our CBs... like in the LvG days!

Anyway, last melt-down worked well for us. Let's hope for the best
I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

BAAAAAYEEEEEEERN

Lightning

Banned

I read that chelsea already announced their route for the celebration. Fuckers. We only lost 2 or 3 home games this year. Lets hope it stays like that.
I will HATE Bayern if they lose this game....

Chelsea must cry!!! and Spurs deserve Champions League football.

Sloosha

I read that chelsea already announced their route for the celebration. Fuckers.
We only lost 2 or 3 home games this year. Lets hope it stays like that.

LOL. I don't think that's an affront to Bayern more then it is due diligence. Bayern are definitely favorites going into this one.

dschalter

Uuuuuuuuuuh.

there's nothing wrong with planning ahead and saying "if we win the champions league, we'll have a parade that goes through such and such areas, if we don't win then we won't have it." that's what they said and to try and make a story out of it is dumb.

Salazar

However, Rangers fear Barton’s hefty £70,000-per-week wage deal will prove a huge obstacle in their attempts to off load the problematic midfielder.

Yeah, that was pretty fucken silly.

Chelsea are taking the piss with that offer. Laughable.

Zabojnik

Regarding Pogba, it has to be all about money, hasn't it? It makes no sense to me that he would complain about not playing for ManU first team and then threaten to go to Juventus. We have an estabilished midfield, which we just rebuilt this season, and we aren't exactly notorious as a youngster launching team. What's more, I just don't see Conte giving a fuck about some 19 old who apparently thinks he'll ... do what, exactly? Bench Marchisio? Vidal? Pirlo? Just like that, overnight? Seesh.

I won't say I wouldn't be glad if he joined our side, if only because how highly you guys seem to regard him as a player. I can only hope he's not the asshole he seems to be and that it is all mostly Raiola's fault.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rodrigo Palacio's pony/rat tail, finally cut off yesterday, will now be on display at Genoa's museum.

Regarding Pogba, it has to be all about money, hasn't it? It makes no sense to me that he would complain about not playing for ManU first team and then threaten to go to Juventus. We have an estabilished midfield, which we just rebuilt this season, and we aren't exactly notorious as a youngster launching team. What's more, I just don't see Conte giving a fuck about some 19 old who apparently thinks he'll ... do what, exactly? Bench Marchisio? Vidal? Pirlo? Just like that, overnight? Seesh.

I won't say I wouldn't be glad if he joined our side, if only because how highly you guys seem to regard him as a player. I can only hope he's not the asshole he seems to be and that it is all mostly Raiola's fault.

Bench Verratti? Not on my watch!

Salazar

how highly you guys seem to regard him as a player.

As a prospect. Needs the loan spell he should have had at United, and will probably get (like it or not, and it seems like he won't like it at all) at Juve.

Which is to say, football at an important and difficult but not top level, playing for fans who aren't necessarily instinctively devoted to him, for a manager who might want different things than he is accustomed to delivering, and with players who can teach him how to handle himself.

Carbonox

How prescient are you? Good track record for predicting future events.

Is this more reliable then a twitter rumour?

I've never had a dream like this before. :O Is it the start of something?

I also hate Goal.com. Fucking terrible website making up shit like Ba is unhappy at Newcastle. Da fuq. He's explicitly said he wants to stay at Newcastle and loves it in Newcastle. Plus we're working on a deal with him.

Also, Pardew saying that like most teams, big and powerful teams coming in for your players could happen so what does Goal do? "NEWCASTLE EXODUS".

pappe

I get the feeling SAF has been preoccupied by the League and stuff and hasnt really paid attention to Pogba's case. Now that he is free for a while he might sit down with this boy and knock some sense into him and probably send him out for a loan to a PL club for 6 months and bring him back when we are struggling with injuries next season and need a solid CM coz he still wouldnt have bought a decent CM by then.

dc89

No one cares about the Championship playoff?

I do! I love that game, it's always great to watch as a neutral. I remember when Blackpool won 2 years back, me and the GF went up to Lytham St Annes, just up the road from Blackpool but far nicer.

It was awesome, all the Blackpool fans were out on the beach and someone had painted their door orange lol.

Seriosuly getting tired of City fans shoving this down United's faces. You won the freaking league! Just be happy about it. And seriously this crap about beginning of domination by City is complete crap. The title was won on goal differrnce for Christ's sake, not 20 points in between 1st and 2nd place!

Come on. It's rivalry and how it should be, lots of teasing and shoving it into the other teams face.

Zabojnik

Bench Verratti? Not on my watch!

This is going to be your summer's tormentone, isn't it?
KuGsj.gif

I get the feeling SAF has been preoccupied by the League and stuff and hasnt really paid attention to Pogba's case. Now that he is free for a while he might sit down with this boy and knock some sense into him and probably send him out for a loan to a PL club for 6 months and bring him back when we are struggling with injuries next season and need a solid CM coz he still wouldnt have bought a decent CM by then.

I'm expecting something like this to happen as well. Well, there's still Verratti, right Yurt?

I've never had a dream like this before. :O Is it the start of something?

I also hate Goal.com. Fucking terrible website making up shit like Ba is unhappy at Newcastle. Da fuq. He's explicitly said he wants to stay at Newcastle and loves it in Newcastle. Plus we're working on a deal with him.

Also, Pardew saying that like most teams, big and powerful teams coming in for your players could happen so what does Goal do? "NEWCASTLE EXODUS".

They ran a similar article with Martin Skrtel a few days back. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sniff of truth in that one, however.

Salazar

send him out for a loan to a PL club for 6 months

Doubt it.

Also, United-GAF

As reported previously, rumors have been flying around that the cast and crew of SBS‘ popular variety program, ‘Running Man‘ were planning a return outing to Thailand alongside famous soccer star Park Ji Sung. It looks like those rumors have been confirmed, and another overseas episode seems to be in the works!

An industry insider confirmed the news, saying, “The ‘Running Man’ team will leave for Thailand on the 22nd and the 23rd. The filming dates were scheduled to line up with the 2nd Annual Asian Dream Cup,” he said. “The footage with Park Ji Sung and the members is scheduled to be broadcast on the 27th.”

Best motherfucking tv show in the world. Gonna be gifs.

xHGu1.gif

dc89

What the fuck? What a dumbass!

Yeah it was stupid. City have issued an apology to United and Fergie.

Oh.. Dang.. That's sorta bad...

Seriosuly getting tired of City fans shoving this down United's faces. You won the freaking league! Just be happy about it. And seriously this crap about beginning of domination by City is complete crap. The title was won on goal differrnce for Christ's sake, not 20 points in between 1st and 2nd place!

I've not rammed it down anyone's throat! Once is a remarkable achievement, only 5 times have won the Premier League. But City want to emulate United's dominance and they have a real good chance.

<3 Fadys jacket avatar is so bad lol.

My favorite jacket avatar.

This pretty much confirms it, Real Madrid's 2012-13 shirt can now be ordered:

ZMFjV.jpg

That's quite nice actually.

Just seen this weeks Game Of Thrones.

OH MY GOD!

o_O Watching it later today!

What happened?

I've read the books but haven't seen the show yet.

Best put it in spoilers though.

I'm currently reading the first book, about 420 pages in. It's awesome, even though I have seen the TV show the book is still brilliant. Everything is so well realised and described.

Its been confirmed that The Last Guardian won't be shown at E3.

First FF Versus 13 and now TLG?

Must be a pretty awful time for Sony.

:(:( Both are vapor ware. That's all they are. :'(

Van Persie to start the talks on Wednesday? I expect good news and Arsenal better do everything to ensure the great man stays!!!!!

It's make or break! And if he goes anywhere Wenger needs to spend some money on a proven PL striker. But I'm not sure who!

Oh Pardew for the LMA Manager of the Season award too? Awesome news.

Well deserved.

Happy%20Nasri.ashx

Tevez%20and%20Silva%20share%20a%20moment.ashx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom