• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Remember when we fought about gif hosts?

Random gif time:

iwKLAgrhbVUqZ.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I remember the first time I heard an American say cunt was in American Beauty when Mena Suvari says it. Sounded so odd with that pronunciation.

choodi

Banned
Are there any other countries/regions aside from Great Britain/Ireland and Australia where the word cunt is used so readily?

What about non English speaking countries, do you use the equivalent of cunt in any type of conversation/banter?

Scum

Wotcha, lads.
What's this about Tevez and a death sign? Did he screw up a joke or was he being a cunt as usual?

Salazar

Wotcha, lads.
What's this about Tevez and a death sign? Did he screw up a joke or was he being a cunt as usual?

As people have said, he probably got given the sign and he thought it was

a) funny
b) a good idea to hold it up.

Mind of a child, and he's a fucking prat as well.

Scum

As people have said, he probably got given the sign and he thought it was

a) funny
b) a good idea to hold it up.

Mind of a child, and he's a fucking prat as well.

Ah. I see. Maybe that smirking goon in the background gave it to him...

Soi-Fong

Someone tell City, they have still only won this thing once.

_60236076_tevez.jpg

Oh.. Dang.. That's sorta bad...

Seriosuly getting tired of City fans shoving this down United's faces. You won the freaking league! Just be happy about it. And seriously this crap about beginning of domination by City is complete crap. The title was won on goal differrnce for Christ's sake, not 20 points in between 1st and 2nd place!

GorillaJu

Wotcha, lads.

I think it's a response to what Ferguson said in an interview about United ever being underdogs in a Manchester derby: "Not in my lifetime."

Also, "cunt" with an American accent sounds more biting than with a British one. The English use the word with affection, the same way we use something like "dickhead." Cunt in American English is super rare. When it's said, it's really nasty sounding.

Scum

I think it's a response to what Ferguson said in an interview about United ever being underdogs in a Manchester derby: "Not in my lifetime."

Also, "cunt" with an American accent sounds more biting than with a British one. The English use the word with affection, the same way we use something like "dickhead." Cunt in American English is super rare. When it's said, it's really nasty sounding.

Oh, right. Okay. Still though...

Oh.. Dang.. That's sorta bad...

Seriosuly getting tired of City fans shoving this down United's faces. You won the freaking league! Just be happy about it. And seriously this crap about beginning of domination by City is complete crap. The title was won on goal differrnce for Christ's sake, not 20 points in between 1st and 2nd place!
Get used to it.

Got to give as good as you take. We've been giving it to them for years. It's their moment just got to suck it up.

Salazar

Kean quotes in bold.

"I'll go back. When I came in, he was playing in the academy. So I went down to one of the academy games. I said, 'who's that lad there?' I said to the academy coach.

He said 'Phil Jones.'

And I went, 'what do you think to him?'

And they said 'oh, we're not sure we're gonna keep him on.'

I went, 'are you fuckin' joking?'

And he went 'what, do you think he's good?'

And I went 'send him up to see me at the training centre fuckin' tomorrow. Good? He's... he's... he's... he's as good as John Terry. He runs the... get him up to... if you don't like him, no problem. I fuckin' like him. Send him up to traini... to see me at training centre tomorrow.'

So I said to Sam, I said 'Sam, I've got a player here for you.'

He went, 'what is he like?'

I went 'he's better than John Terry at his age.'

And he went 'fuck off!' That's what Sam said.

And I went, I went...

What's your relationship like now with Sam like...

"I haven't spoke to him. He mullered me, so fuck him. No, I was good... I worked my balls off for him. And then, and then he had a go at me, fuck him."

So why did Sam get the sack then? (Lads give their opinions)

"Just because he's a fuckin' crook. That's the only reason.

So, listen. So I said to him, 'I've got a player here for you.' And he went 'fuck off.' And I went 'listen, he's brilliant.'

Anyway, Jonesy came up, you know, and, I tried to get that young group, because they weren't in the first team, so I had to get Olsson and Hoilett and Jones... and, and, and Hanley, so I worked with them and... I, I, I done double sessions with them everyday, and Jonesy was a marvelous p... a genius better. And Martin Olsson was brilliant, and Jason Lowe... and Jason Lowe is fuckin'... but Jason Lowe's a player. We'll finish top half. And we'll win the Carling Cup."

Seriously?

"Yeah, definitely."

I bet you twenty quid...

"I bet you a hundred quid. I'll give you a hundred quid. Yeah. I totally respect you guys, and what I wanna do is when we go back, right, I'll say to Paul, Paul Agnew, the press officer and say to them 'let's get a fans forum..."

After tomorrow's game?

"Yeah! I'll walk over, and get all the guys to throw their shirts over to you's, definitely."

What about the people that are saying 'sh*t, we're going down the pan, we're not signing anyone.'

"All I'll say is judge us at the end of the window. Judge us at the end of the window."

And when you come right over and come and see us in the Blackburn End, that's all I want.

"I will! I promise you. I'll walk right over, and we'll get things in to the crowd for you. Promise you."

We've paid a lot of money to come over here.

"I totally respect that. It's top drawer."

We're hardcore fans.

Ends.

Get used to it.

Got to give as good as you take. We've been giving it to them for years. It's their moment just got to suck it up.

This.

It's their first title in nearly fifty years. Let them celebrate.

Granted, it's much easier for me to say when I'm in America, where 85% of the population hasn't heard of Manchester City, let alone was aware of the outcome of the title race. I've literally heard NO trash talk from the Noisy Neighbors.

rodvik

I remember visiting the US with my boss at the time (we were at a UK company out of Yorkshire).

During a business meeting with a partner company (based in the USA) their CEO said something like "So, you mentioned you had some issues with the contract? Anything we can resolve here?"

To which my boss replied in a semi-banter way.

"Yes I think you are being bit of a cunt about the royalty rate. Would be good to get that up a bit."

The room went absolutely silent.

Different cultural usage of the word I think 8)

we will give u sahin back, in return we will buy that RB of yours :D

558687_3528403781999_1629344962_2765350_112024008_n.jpg

mourinho does it again!!!!!!!

You wont find many people who would subscribe to the position that Madrid are a better side than Barca, even if they had won the European trophy this year. It took Barcelona a couple of years of dominating Spain and Europe and doing it in a way we haven't seen in recent times. It's only been in the last 12 months people have been uttering that side to be the greatest club team in history. I think Madrid deserved the league this year, there is no doubt about it. But they are still in Barca' shadow, for now at least

This.

It's their first title in nearly fifty years. Let them celebrate.

Granted, it's much easier for me to say when I'm in America, where 85% of the population hasn't heard of Manchester City, let alone was aware of the outcome of the title race. I've literally heard NO trash talk from the Noisy Neighbors.
Heh, today was so shit. Sky blue is horrid colour for a grown man to walk about in. Yuck.

I remember visiting the US with my boss at the time (we were at a UK company out of Yorkshire).

During a business meeting with a partner company (based in the USA) their CEO said something like "So, you mentioned you had some issues with the contract? Anything we can resolve here?"

To which my boss replied in a semi-banter way.

"Yes I think you are being bit of a cunt about the royalty rate. Would be good to get that up a bit."

The room went absolutely silent.

Different cultural usage of the word I think 8)

lol I can imagine how unprofessional that must have sounded to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_7q4hzWFc

Messi

Who wants to play FIFA with me?

I would but I am in bed and only have silver. I'll imagine I am playing against you :(

--

I am itching to be back to barcelona for a game but the season is over :/ , I am pretty sure ill be going to a game very early on next season. Might try do 4 trips this upcoming season (Clasico,League,Copa,CL)

Ashes

Banned
For those interested in Pogba News.

Sir Alex Ferguson's delight yesterday at the news that Paul Scholes has agreed to stay at Manchester United for another year is likely to be offset by the growing prospect of losing another midfielder, Paul Pogba.

Times (James Ducker)

Pogba, who has been sidelined for a month with an ankle injury ? is thought to be dismayed that he has not been given more first-team opportunities this season. He was particularly aggrieved to be an unused substitute in the 3-2 defeat by Blackburn Rovers on December 31, when Ferguson opted instead to start with Rafael Da Silva, a full back, and Park Ji Sung, a wide player, in central midfield.
It is also believed that Pogba considered the contract offer made by United last year seriously undervalued him. Juventus subsequently offered the 19-year-old a lucrative four-year deal, which United are thought to have matched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom