• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
This pretty much confirms it, Real Madrid's 2012-13 shirt can now be ordered:

ZMFjV.jpg

that looks so nice

wish united could switch to adidas. nike have better material, shoes and jackets but their mainline jersey designers are SO FUCKING SHIT its not even real. the barcelono and man united jersey for next year look like practical jokes being played on the clubs

Carbonox

that looks so nice

wish united could switch to adidas. nike have better material, shoes and jackets but their mainline jersey designers are SO FUCKING SHIT its not even real. the barcelono and man united jersey for next year look like practical jokes being played on the clubs

That's what happens when you finish 2nd.

:p

dc89

United Chief-Exec David Gill says United have money to buy and challenge for the title next season.

But he has vowed to spend wisely after claiming City "pay stupid money and silly salaries".

BBC news. More to follow.

An essay and an exam, and I've finished uni. I have to say, I can't wait to be able to read for pleasure again. Game of Thrones, come at me bro.

I'm going to get so drunk for the CL. I don't know who to support though!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537671_428700767148958_355700751115627_1644490_299362707_n.jpg[IMG]

my friends are still shocked after seeing this lol

[B]juve <3[/B][/QUOTE]
<3 you too.

[quote="dc89, post: 37887591"]WAT! How did they win the league?! I don't follow Italian football so...

:D[/QUOTE]
20 players scored. [B]Everyone[/B] contributed :p

Our highest:
Matri 10
Vucinic 9
Marchisio 9
VIDAL 7
SP7 6

[quote="Kenka, post: 37887643"]So Lichtsteiner is god ?[/QUOTE]

The Swiss Express/Forrest Gump <3

dc89

They didn't lose one single game.

Insane.

It worked for City, though. Wonder if they'll carry on spending or cut down a bit in the summer...

They will spend in summer but they have to off load a ton of players first.

Personally i dont think they will cut down till they win the UCL or do a double

Rogered by FFP, inshallah.

FFP is in the Chairman's plans. That's why Mancini couldn't bid for De Rossi in Jan, even though he wanted him. He had to make do with a loan.

But with deals like EA, Nike, Etihad, Etisalat, Mubadala etc, the commercial income has been bolstered significantly.

elseanio

So DC, you're not concerned in the slightest the amount of wages some players are getting? Do you know how many players are over 150k a week?

We won in a fashion that is reminiscent of Italy in World Cup 2006. In fact, it's uncanny. We didn't have the best squad, but it was tight, united, and all worked towards the same cause. In 38 games we conceded only 20 goals to our opponents. Our defense was impenetrable. And we also had a total of 20 different players on the score sheet. Like Italy WC2006, our out-and-out strikers underperformed but the rest of our team picked up the slack. It's why we are so excited about having a WC striker next term--to give Matri some real incentive to work his ass off, and so that we don't need to rely on our midfield to pump in as many goals as they did (Marchisio was our second highest scorer with 9, Vidal had 7).

PaulLFC

Rogered by FFP, inshallah.
Is it just me who thinks UEFA could be lenient on any clubs that do end up breaching FFP rules? I don't know, maybe they will enforce the rules - I certainly hope they do - but I just wonder if they'll actually go through with banning teams from the Champions League.

dc89

So DC, you're not concerned in the slightest the amount of wages some players are getting? Do you know how many players are over 150k a week?

Not terribly worried. If City go on a run now and dominate the PL as some have predicted I'd expect wages to fall. I mean, at the start of the project City had to throw money at players as there was no promise of success. But first the FA Cup and now the Title starting to look good! I don't think people can seriously say the players are only there for the money.

"I don't care, daddy will get the bill".

Mr Mansour will pick up the wage bill! My daddy is not rich enough sadly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We won in a fashion that is reminiscent of Italy in World Cup 2006. In fact, it's uncanny. We didn't have the best squad, but it was tight, united, and all worked towards the same cause. In 38 games we conceded only 20 goals to our opponents. Our defense was impenetrable. And we also had a total of 20 different players on the score sheet. Like Italy WC2006, our out-and-out strikers underperformed but the rest of our team picked up the slack. It's why we are so excited about having a WC striker next term--to give Matri some real incentive to work his ass off, and so that we don't need to rely on our midfield to pump in as many goals as they did (Marchisio was our second highest scorer with 9, Vidal had 7).

The scariest part? Many of the goals we conceded (6-7) were silly mistakes, deflections and own goals. The defense was really really impenetrable
when they're awake.

21 clean sheets!!!!!

dc89

I think you will find an awful lot of them find the idea of a drop in wages ridiculous.

Likewise players City means to attract.

I don't mean the current players. But if City go on a run like I said, when new players come and a trophy is pretty much a certain (like it is at United, every player who goes there know they will win something) more sensible wages will be offered. Sure more money than 80% of the teams in the league could offer but you won't be seeing any more of this lunacy.

Wayne Bridge £90,000
Adebayor £170,000

Those two make me mad. But what can I do about it haha!

---

New FIFA 13 images on Facebook!!!

elseanio

Not terribly worried. If City go on a run now and dominate the PL as some have predicted I'd expect wages to fall. I mean, at the start of the project City had to throw money at players as there was no promise of success. But first the FA Cup and now the Title starting to look good! I don't think people can seriously say the players are only there for the money.

Mr Mansour will pick up the wage bill! My daddy is not rich enough sadly.

Of course not, but I still think demands will always be high for wages now. No one is going to join City and be on considerably less than Kun, Tevez, Yaya etc

Any reliable sites on Cities wage structure?

dc89

Of course not, but I still think demands will always be high for wages now. No one is going to join City and be on considerably less than Kun, Tevez, Yaya etc

Any reliable sites on Cities wage structure?

Not that I am aware of.

576855_10150891988039288_191027189287_9696850_432893452_n.jpg

Aguero has been modeled properly this time!

dc89

Will pick up for iPad.

I'm actually quite interested in a Vita version more so than console! I really wanted FIFA for vita, but I can't justify spending £30+ for a game which is going to be replaced in like 3 months.

---

SHIT is turning nasty!

Samir Nasri said:
"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money," Nasri told French TV station TF1. "I hope they are watching me now collecting my Premier League winner's medal.

"I believe they have not won a trophy for many seasons now.

"If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team.

"There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal.

"I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best, and I have proved it correct.

"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7758035/Nasri-aims-swipe-at-Arsenal

"Sometimes he goes out of his mind, but in the Premier there are worse players, but they just don't name Balotelli and they haven't the spotlight on them. Such as that [Joey] Barton who beat anyone on Sunday afternoon match."

Mancini on Balotelli's behavior.

bjaelke

5 reasons why Joey Barton should go to Euro 2012
5. The Team Gel

For too long this England team have been divided into camps. England fans have seen Team Terry, Team Gerrard and Team Rio – this simply has to stop and Joey is our man. For too long the golden generation have been pampered and divided into cliques.

Joey has the ability to gel this team together, as anyone who steps out of line will receive the same treatment – Cigarette in the eye or a right hook – Oddslife deems this a necessary practice, as Joey knows that dressing room harmony is crucial!

His recent sending off at the Etihad proves that Joey is indeed of a higher intellect than all footballers. The tactical genius of punching Tevez and than giving Aguero a dead leg only highlights his selflessness and dedication to the team as QPR put in their seasons best performance.

Journalists with their puny brains don’t understand that Joey is a philosophical and selfless footballer, and as his favourite philosopher Nietzsche once said he ‘makes it all for one and one for all’. That might have been Sting – but it does not matter – Oddslife says ‘Joey for England!
:lol

Carbonox

The articles I'm reading today on Alan Pardew are quite annoying. Or they're extremely smart. I dunno. Mainly from what Pardew says about the summer. It's as if he's already resigned to losing a top player because he keeps referencing it.

Maybe he's just saying that now to cover his arse due to the Carroll debacle last year. So that when we don't lose anyone, everyone claims him and the board room are geniuses. Or it's that he KNOWS someone is definitely leaving and he just wants the fans to know in advance. But then when has such honesty ever been a factor in football?

It's definitely Tiote IMO. We'll replace him with Matuidi I reckon. Tiote did say "we'll see in the summer" which is never a good sign and Newcastle are actively working with Ba on a new contract, so they clearly want him still.

Tiote to Chelsea I reckon. They need a good DM and Tiote's a perfect fit. He'll be their new Essien (when he was good).

dc89

"At least he's not Joey Barton" is a bit poor. And I'm pretty sure the media spotlight gives Barton his share.

Some more:

"In the last fifteen minutes against QPR he was decisive.

"And he'll have a great European Championship too. I hope that Mario will be Italy's leader because he is the best Italian striker.

"He has only to turn on his brain. It's his only problem. "

Mancini continued in Corriere dello Sport: "If he understand that he must stop with certain behaviours, he'll become like Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi

Don't agree with the Messi or CR7 comparisons but he is very talented. Mourinho said so himself that if his attitude improved and he dedicated himself properly he could be one of the best in the world.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mancini: "Yes, I'd like to conquer La Liga but also the Portuguese league with Benfica... but now I'm only thinking about City"
Not that I am aware of.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/576855_10150891988039288_191027189287_9696850_432893452_n.jpg[IMG]

Aguero has been modeled properly this time![/QUOTE]

They got his thighs wrong.

Zabojnik

I was going to answer with "by being fucking awesome, that's how we won it", but that'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom