• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really anxious about the Euro now. This is probably the worst possible outcome from a neutral, German perspective.

Still, congrats, Blues fans!

elsk

Banned
Well deserved, we needed a bench for this match and it killed us. Hope they learn from this, you can't expect to win a CL with Gómez as your main (and only) striker.

Robben penalty was the "make it or break it" point of the match, Ribéry injured and he (Arjen) got the chance to score. Failed and well, this happened.

I feel like shit right now, but congrats Chelsea fans.

Wilbur

Banned
Unlucky Spurs and Bayern. Despite wanting to see Chelsea lose on the night, fair play.

Coppa Italia, Copa Del Rey and Euros to come, hopefully this thread doesn't become a graveyard. Happy for Torres, Mata, Cahill, Ramires, Lampard and of course Drogba; one of my favourite players and one of the best strikers ever.

Gonna turn it off before Terry lifts it though. Ugh.

Bumhead

Banned
I can't understand all the posters hating Chelsea for the way they play.

You play to win motherfuckers.

I absolutely agree, and I don't personally have a problem with the way they played.

But tonights match was exactly the way a lower half or relegation fighting Premiership side would shape up against a Chelsea or an Arsenal or a Manchester United or a Manchester City. The way a Wolves or a Stoke would set out to play a match. Sit back, break the game down and hope for a break where the big bastard up front eventually does something. And people give those teams enough shit over the course of a full season.

Not me, mind, but people do. And if people do have a problem with that style of play, they should apply it to Chelsea as well.

Slizz

soc_g_drogba12_576.jpg

Scum

Scum said:
So, everyone's expecting a Bayern win, eh? Well, I see football Sod's Law kicking in this evening.

"Bayern beaten in own backyard!" - Daily Mirror
"Don't mention ze score!" - The Sun

Chelsea will win this. :-(
Shame I couldn't be fucking wrong when I posted this last night.
Congrats, ChelseaGAF.

BTW, where's Fady at?

fuenf

tbh my biggest disappointment was seeing Neuer taking that 3rd penalty. it was awesome that he scored it but after that i knew we would be in trouble with the next player up, quite telling if nobody wants to step up, the fear of losing was greater than their will to win :(

Big positive: Neuer is my fucking hero for doing it, though, he was the player that definitely had the most pressure and stepped up big time! Go Manu you really are a new TITAN!

thats the only positive i can take from this game.

Haha. Nothing you guys say will make it hurt as bad as it did.

Either this team will grow stronger because they've got the heart, or they are simply not good enough to get it done in the first place.

ATF487

The Chelsea haters and pro Barca wankballers in the other thrad were really getting on my tits.

Yeah, same here. There is absolutely nothing wrong with defending and trying to catch one on the break. You win with goals; not corners created, not possession stats, not completed passes.

Didn't Robben miss a decisive pen against Dortmund in Bündesliga?

This man is awesome, since he left Real Madrid he has lost two CL finals and a WC final.

I hope the last Bayern fan now realized that they need a proper bench, not just an excuse for it...like for instance they knew that Breno would probably not be able to come into shape after being all fat and having burned his house down.....
Yet they still didn't sign an additional defender during the winter break and went in with Badstuber/Boateng and the old & fucked van Buyten.
Apart from that Bayern need:
- A striker who doesn't act like he's a tree or some sort of tin man, lol
- A proper 10er, not just Kroos who's really a CM (in old school 3-5-2 or 4-4-2; basically a Zidane). Someone like Kagawa :O
- A manager who doesn't just manage his players and leaves the L. v. Gaals tactics unchanged, but some with freaking brains and an idea about modern football.

Gündogan, Reus and Schmelzer for Schweinsteiger, Müller and Boateng please.

Seriously, Gündogan is in a better shape than Schweine and not mentally effed either.
But we all know he'll be sent home :(

/edit

OMFG, Di Matteo speaks German :O :D

Wilbur

Banned
Haha. Nothing you guys say will make it hurt as bad as it did.

Either this team will grow stronger because they've got the heart, or they are simply not good enough to get it done in the first place.

We've both been through it twice in a few years brah. Us to Barca, you to Mourinho. We will overcome.

Feorax

Comiserations Blablurn, Elsk et al. Penalties is a horrid way to lose.

Congrats Chelsea GAF, Fady, Kyle and the rest, it all comes together in the end. I know your joy, and know you'd share it with the world if you could.

I really hope we get AVB as our next manager. As much as Di Matteo deserves credit, AVB laid the foundations for tonight.

fuenf

I hope the last Bayern fan now realized that they need a proper bench, not just an excuse for it...like for instance they knew that Breno would probably not be able to come into shape after being all fat and having burned his house down.....
Yet they still didn't sign an additional defender during the winter break and went in with Badstuber/Boateng and the old & fucked van Buyten.
Apart from that Bayern need:
- A striker who doesn't act like he's a tree or some sort of tin man, lol
- A proper 10er, not just Kroos who's really a CM (in old school 3-5-2 or 4-4-2; basically a Zidane). Someone like Kagawa :O
- A manager who doesn't just manage his players and leaves the L. v. Gaals tactics unchanged, but some with freaking brains and an idea about modern football.

Seriously, Gündogan is in a better shape than Schweine and not mentally effed either.
But we all know he'll be sent home :(

Did anybody ever doubt that? But what makes this worse is that Contento and Tymo played the game of their lifes.:(

I still think that it's unfair to criticise inidividual players but this game was a like giant summary of Bayern's season. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom