• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was 8 years old. I stayed up past 4 in the morning on a school night just so that Sheringham and Solskjaer could break my heart.

How did I let my guard down again?

fuenf

Btw. did anybody see what happenend before the Neuer penalty? The german commentator made it sound like no Bayern player was willing to step up?

WJD

Bloody hell this has been a weird night. So strange seeing Chelsea lift ol' big ears, though luckily Terry was crowded out!

Kazzy

Well done Chelsea, you can examine the statistics all you want (and people will) but it's irrelevant. It's just a shame that the club has a continued association with Terry, his celebrations almost destroy any goodwill they have built up during this run, shameless.

LEGENDS

540440_10150863837251026_64822581025_9889282_230620902_n.jpg

Oh, look at this:

KdZyT.png

Bayern is the best runner-up of all time :lol

Why is Real a Moroccan team? :O

So basically, like Leverkusen (=Vizekusen) in 2003 or something:
XzTee.jpg

Bayern are now Vizebayern :O
(Second in League, Cup and CL)

Did anybody ever doubt that? But what makes this worse is that Contento and Tymo played the game of their lifes.:(

I still think that it's unfair to criticise inidividual players but this game was a like giant summary of Bayern's season. :(

You're right about your makeshift defense, still though - the season might have ended differently if your top brass wasn't so stingy and signed some proper backups/alternatives.

/edit
btw. some of you did deny that you need a 10er (because Kroos is god) or a good striker (because Gomez is all you need).

fuenf

Why is Real a Moroccan team? :O

So basically, like Leverkusen (=Vizekusen) in 2003 or something:
XzTee.jpg

Bayern are now Vizebayern :O
(Second in League, Cup and CL)

You're right about your makeshift defense, still though - the season might have ended differently if your top brass wasn't so stingy and signed some proper backups/alternatives.

Come on show some class (regarding that Vize...).

Yeah i still remember Nerlinger saying they didnt need Kagawa / Özil.

Sleepy

Just got back from World of Beer; only two England/Chelsea supporters and the rest were Bayern. After Drogba hit the winner I ran around the parking lot screaming at the top of my lungs. When I went to pay the bill, I thought I was going to get the shit kicked out of me...

Great game!

pappe

So an exodus at spurs now.

Modric to Chelsea, bale to Barca, I wouldn't mind Sandro at United as well.

The vultures are circling.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale might stay but Modric will surely be gone?

I think Modric will probably go now. We've shown that we still dont have the mettle to win anything despite having a better squad than Chelsea.

A potentially passable season has turned to complete shit.

elsk

Banned
Btw. did anybody see what happenend before the Neuer penalty? The german commentator made it sound like no Bayern player was willing to step up?

Yes, this team really didn't deserved. Lahm and Neuer were the only ones with some balls and desire to win it. Now I understand why Lahm is the captain and not Schweini... he schokes under pressure.

And I'm always called a Gómez hater, but I knew something like this was going the happen at some point. And having Olic as our only option to replace Robben or Ribéry is just ridiculous.

We need a striker to fight for the starting spot. Gómez simply doesn't deserve to be the main striker of a team like Bayern. A player that can't even control a ball. Robben really has sucked the entire season, I think his last injury really killed him he just doesn't take risks anymore. And stop playing Kroos as CAM for the love of God... he's a CM like Xavi. I hope we can make it next-next season (next season because of Euros we're going to suck) and Juve will win it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, this team really didn't deserved. Lahm and Neuer were the only ones with some balls and desire to win it. Now I understand why Lahm is the captain and not Schweini... he schokes under pressure.

And I'm always called a Gómez hater, but I knew something like this was going the happen at some point. And having Olic as our only option to replace Robben or Ribéry is just ridiculous.

We need a striker to fight for the starting spot. Gómez simply doesn't deserve to be the main striker of a team like Bayern. A player that can't even control a ball. Robben really has sucked the entire season, I think his last injury really killed him he just doesn't take risks anymore. And stop playing Kroos as CAM for the love of God... he's a CM like Xavi. I hope we can make it next-next season (next season because of Euros we're going to suck) and Juve will win it.

Why does Bayern sign players that they don't use? Peterson seems like a decent option.

Carbonox

The implosion of Spurs will be juicy, unless somehow Levy keeps hold of the majority of his best players again. Gotta hand it to him and his ballsy stance. Wish Mike Ashley was the same. Still, this Summer will be glorious.

mil6es

just had my topic deleted off RAWK....

all I asked was Torres left to win trophies, are you happy for him or not...think the mods are abit uptight

Scum

Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and PSG are going to have a field day in the transfer window this summer. So long, Modric. It's been fun while you were here. :-/

WJD

just had my topic deleted off RAWK....

all I asked was Torres left to win trophies, are you happy for him or not...think the mods are abit uptight

It's bloody awful over there. You're not allowed to express any opinions which aren't in line with the status quo.

fuenf

The whole penalty shootout, felt so "un-german", normally they radiate confidence but this time.. something felt off.

Regarding Gomez, let's just say he's a good player but a player that doesnt necessarily fit Bayern's playstyle (which sucks in general). Bayern lacks a player like Özil / Kagawa to set him up and on the other hand he cant facilitate for himself or setup other players really well. Therefore i think unfair to criticise him for this game, he worked hard and showed some balls in the end, that penalty was extremely well struck.

Scum

Kagawa to Man Utd
Bale to Barca or Man Utd
Modric to Chelsea or highest bidder
RVP and Hazard to Man City
Kaka to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom