• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaGe_pt

Congrats to West Ham fans! :)
About Coldplay, they were here yesterday playing in our stadium:
484304_406733689366873_100000907360652_1202528_2130831434_n.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Indeed. They're not the best band to celebrate for, but they're certainly no Radiohead either.

I wouldn't celebrate to Radiohead but they're certainly 1000 times the band Coldplay are. Meh. To each his own.
celebrate to katy perry

It's weird they win a trophy for the play-offs.

Hixx

Yes, Carlton. It is more than what you deserve.

Jesus fucking wept.

edit: I suppose on the plus side, Allardyce apparently wants Elmo. Which is great news.

9muy63

KAGAWA NEWS: He's just put his place in Dortmund up for sale/rent.

And some United propaganda...

"He never stops yapping. 'Daniel this' & 'Daniel that'. Wayne's funny like that.He calls me Daniel on the pitch.Off it it's Danny or Welbz."

GQman2121

Banned
Congrats to West Ham! Hopefully they'll be appointed the Olympic stadium this summer. That venue deserves to be in the league.

Heading out to the pub now to have pre-game lunch and drinks. Enjoy the game all!

Fucking West Ham, lol, never make it easy for ourselves - I was bricking it for most of that second half. Fair play to Blackpool, they totally took the game in hand after the break but just didn't take their chances, just like at the start of the match. Can't wait for next season, good or bad, come on you Irons!

Have you seen the video clip?

He's only messing about when he says it in that interview (though he might actually believe it) he doesn't say it in a serious way. That interview was a very good one anyway and some of the things Ronaldo says in it are worth reading;

Sometimes (the comparisons with Messi) makes me tired ... for him too because they compare us together all the time. You cannot compare a Ferrari with a Porsche because it's a different engine. You cannot compare them. He does the best things for Barcelona, I do the best things for Madrid. I think we push each other sometimes in the competition, this is why the competition is so high. This is why Madrid and Barcelona are the best teams in the world because everyone pushes each other, not just me and Messi but other players.

Sometimes, you have to put on a mask. You cannot smile every time for all the people. It's impossible, I cannot do that. This is not my type of personality. And people really don't know me. And I do it for that because I don't want every person to know me, just close friends ... you know, my friends, teammates. These people know me very well. Other people, to be honest, I really don't care about that.

Meier

Brad Friedel has a weird accent.. sounds like he has some German in him but he's lived in America his whole life before moving Denmark and Turkey for a year (94-96) until playing in England since. I can't figure it out.

Oops, I guess this is better suited to the UCL thead. Gotta remember to quit going here!

Bo-Locks

Brad Friedel has a weird accent.. sounds like he has some German in him but he's lived in America his whole life before moving Denmark and Turkey for a year (94-96) until playing in England since. I can't figure it out.

Oops, I guess this is better suited to the UCL thead. Gotta remember to quit going here!

He said in an interview that his dodgy accent is from living in Blackburn for so long, and that Brits think he sounds American and Americans think he sounds British. lol. I've got a similarly weird trans-Atlantic accent.

Wes

venison crêpe
He is coming? I dont want to get too excited again. Nail biting stuff!

He hasn't been offered the job. YET. So he could still come, yes. It's up to Lerner. I think they're testing the water to see how the fans would receive him and judging by the general mood of the fans now they want him.

A Norwegian player on another team posted on twitter that he got a message from one of the Molde players that Ole spoke to the team saying this would likely be his last match as their manager.... but like everything, it's all speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom