• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

No! Nah, but there is some sense in that. 2 seasons without a title for THE GREAT German team, FC Bayern...that is a huge thing.

You that's the thing, rooting against and for Bayern are totally different things. It's hard to explain, guess you'll feel the same at the Euros when Germany is the favorite. It's harder to enjoy the achievements of the team while it's failures hurt so much more.

Wilbur

Banned
Also confirms that Di Matteo > Grant. A question that has haunted some of the greatest minds for years.

I knew MK Dons should've held on to him.

To be fair to Di Matteo, he's earnt his trade with MK Dons and WBA. I don't begrudge him anything. I just feel like this is papering over the cracks.

You that's the thing, rooting against and for Bayern are totally different things. It's hard to explain, guess you'll feel the same at the Euros when Germany is the favorite. It's harder to enjoy the achievements of the team while it's failures hurt so much more.
Well, I do know how that feels. Not so much from my affiliation with Dortmund, but with the national team. We've often been huge favorites in national competitions (remember the 90ies) and failed miserably.

Here's something to chill to: Richard Wagner - "Siegfrieds Trauermarsch", Götterdämmerung (twilight of the gods)

Salvadora

Hahahaha Tottenham miss out on the CL next season! From title contenders to the EL. Oh it feels good.
And the argument that Chelsea don't deserve it and football has lost is the worst. For shame some sections of football gaf.

Wilbur

Banned
Hahahaha Tottenham miss out on the CL next season! From title contenders to the EL. Oh it feels good.
And the argument that Chelsea don't deserve it and football has lost is the worst. For shame some sections of football gaf.

One regular, lots of people who I presume were either Bayern fans or people who exclusively watch Barcelona.

kharma45

Probably not. But we don't really need another winger either.

Kagawa is likely partly because he's a 10. And Hazard can play in the hole, too - although he's probably off to City.

Rumoured that Nani may go if the right offer comes in, that's the only way United would move for Bale.

Saw today too that Hazard apparently isn't too keen on the idea of not being guaranteed to start at City, but I'd still rather have Kagawa as he'd be cheaper plus bring in financial benefits with regards to shirt sales etc.

Clegg

Apparently, we've signed Nick Powell for £4m.

If we fail to sign Kagawa because we we tight on the transfer fell then I'll be very annoyed. £4m for a League 2 footballer is very expensive.

Rumoured that Nani may go if the right offer comes in, that's the only way United would move for Bale.

Saw today too that Hazard apparently isn't too keen on the idea of not being guaranteed to start at City, but I'd still rather have Kagawa as he'd be cheaper plus bring in financial benefits with regards to shirt sales etc.
Nani isn't going anywhere.

Hazard is a circus. The fuss about his transfer created by himself is ridiculous. Wouldn't say no to him obv but I'd genuinely rather Kagawa. Although I love Shinji so I'm biased.

Shiloa

Final was great for England supporters. Cahill, Cole and Lamps were incredible on the night. If they can play like that in the Euros (lol), England might actually be a credible team.

dc89

If United signed Powell his name would fit quite well with an existing chant.

"this is how it feels to be city. This is how it feels to be small. You sign Phill Jones we sign Kun Aguero"

Swap out Phil Jones for Powell :p and maybe Aguero for Hazard if it comes off.

fuenf

Heynckes just said the players were tired and most of them didnt feel comfortable taking a penalty eventhough he asked them multiple times. :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom