• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Would love if we splashed out and got Hazard, Kagawa and a LB if Fabio goes on loan.

It could happen if we sell Berba, Park, Ando and Nani. But very unlikely. Bale will stay at Spurs and Modric to Chelsea.

Sappy113

If United signed Powell his name would fit quite well with an existing chant.

"this is how it feels to be city. This is how it feels to be small. You sign Phill Jones we sign Kun Aguero"

Swap out Phil Jones for Powell :p and maybe Aguero for Hazard if it comes off.

But... those guys play different positions :p

Acidote

Heynckes just said the players were tired and most of them didnt feel comfortable taking a penalty eventhough he asked them multiple times. :( :( :(

Being tired is not an excuse. It wasn't for Barça or Madrid after they were eliminated and it is not now.

ERMZQ.png

German TV jinxed it lol

What a day.

West Ham secure promotion, and my pop's team, Chelsea, secure their first ever UCL title.

The eff was Heynckes thinking when he took off Muller. And why didn't Ribery or Robben ever cross the ball?

Lightning

Banned
Bale is going nowhere. He is way too expensive and Chelsea will have to dig REAL deep into their pockets for Modric. As Modric found out last season, simply demanding a transfer doesn't work when you have so many years on your contract. So if Chelsea want Modric, that will cost them the best part of 40mil possibly more.

Rumoured that Nani may go if the right offer comes in, that's the only way United would move for Bale.

Saw today too that Hazard apparently isn't too keen on the idea of not being guaranteed to start at City, but I'd still rather have Kagawa as he'd be cheaper plus bring in financial benefits with regards to shirt sales etc.

Nani's just going into contract renewal negotiations. It's expiring in two seasons, I think.

I want Kagawa more because he has a proven track record in the midfield of the current German champions. His link-up play, finishing, vision and discipline are pretty well established. Hazard is a great young talent, of course, but I'm uncertain as to just how effective a player he'll be in the PL. I'm sure they'll both be successful, mind.

Salvadora

Bale is going nowhere. He is way too expensive and Chelsea will have to dig REAL deep into their pockets for Modric. As Modric found out last season, simply demanding a transfer doesn't work when you have so many years on your contract. So if Chelsea want Modric, that will cost them the best part of 40mil possibly more.

Yeah, Some of the prices quoted are absolutely insane. Tottenham may have trouble attracting those rumoured players because they don't have CL football. You know what to do Arsene.

pappe

It's actually amazing that Neuer stepped up and actually scored... What a man.
He earned a new fan by doing that. Me.

Balls of steel.

What a day.

West Ham secure promotion, and my pop's team, Chelsea, secure their first ever UCL title.

The eff was Heynckes thinking when he took off Muller. And why didn't Ribery or Robben ever cross the ball?
Robbed is a horrible crosser. I believe he took most of their corners and not 1 was dangerous.

spidye

Heynckes just said the players were tired and most of them didnt feel comfortable taking a penalty eventhough he asked them multiple times. :( :( :(

heynckes is the sole reason for our bad season. I couldn't believe it when they hired him. he couldn't win anything with leverkusen and he couldn't win anything with bayern. awesome manager. I wished hitzfeld was still around

Sappy113

"btw, I didn't know that Neuer was soo good at finals. Humility buddy!!"

It seems that Neuer made some joke on Ramos' missed penalty kick

Ramos must not have been watching. Neuer saved one, scored one. Can't really ask a Goalie to do much more than that in a penalty shoot-out. Dude did his part.

Feorax

Final was great for England supporters. Cahill, Cole and Lamps were incredible on the night. If they can play like that in the Euros (lol), England might actually be a credible team.

Hart

Johnson Cahill Lescott Cole

Gerrard Parker

The Ox Lampard Young

Carroll

It's not world class, but we have had worse teams...

Kazzy

Ramos must not have been watching. Neuer saved one, scored one. Can't really ask a Goalie to do much more than that in a penalty shoot-out. Dude did his part.

You can't, it's a shame that the rest of the team didn't seem to share the same resolve.

RDM, yer getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning!

He doesn't even have a contract for next season as a manager so doubt he will get sacked. Maybe Roman will fire him if he fucks his wife and draws a dick on his face, but otherwise I have a hard time seeing him getting sacked.

elsk

Banned
heynckes is the sole reason for our bad season. I couldn't believe it when they hired him. he couldn't win anything with leverkusen and he couldn't win anything with bayern. awesome manager. I wished hitzfeld was still around

We had a Neverkusen-like season thanks to the Neverkusen-coach.

fuenf

I've got a question to the neutrals that watched the game: what did you think was Bayern's biggest weakness? finishing or creating quality chances?

jtb

Banned
Yeah, Some of the prices quoted are absolutely insane. Tottenham may have trouble attracting those rumoured players because they don't have CL football. You know what to do Arsene.

well, how many Andre Santos can there possibly be out there?

In all seriousness, the last minute wheelin' and dealin' by ARsene were actually surprisingly decent transfers. Benayoun's been a great depth loan, Arteta's been outstanding, Mertesacker's slow as shit, but he was very much needed anyways. now we need an actual spine to this team that can be great again.

I've got a question to the neutrals that watched the game: what did you think was Bayern's biggest weakness? finishing or creating quality chances?

Finishing. and, with that, no composure. the home final, being heavy favorites... they couldn't handle the pressure.

Sappy113

You can't, it's a shame that the rest of the team didn't seem to share the same resolve.

Aye, absolutely, Bayern failed to show the huge nuts it requires to withstand the pressure they had to endure. But on an individual level, Neuer can walk away with his chin held high, so Ramos can probably keep off on his scorn. Kinda makes him come off as an asshole.

rodvik

He doesn't even have a contract for next season as a manager so doubt he will get sacked. Maybe Roman will fire him if he fucks his wife and draws a dick on his face, but otherwise I have a hard time seeing him getting sacked.

It could happen. This is Chelsea... :)

K1LLER7

Carrick should've got into the England team, but apparently he said he doesn't want to be involved if he isn't a starter, or something along those lines.

TeegsD

Oh man, I missed one hell of a game. Good for Chelsea. They played the way they needed to play and came out on top even though no one has expected much from them.

Sappy113

Finishing, for sure. They had no problem creating opportunities, even had a few gigantic chances. Gomez with a free shot in the box in the 1st. Just poor finishing, always - ALWAYS - comes back to haunt a team that can't put a game away.

Salvadora

well, how many Andre Santos can there possibly be out there?

In all seriousness, the last minute wheelin' and dealin' by ARsene were actually surprisingly decent transfers. Benayoun's been a great depth loan, Arteta's been outstanding, Mertesacker's slow as shit, but he was very much needed anyways. now we need an actual spine to this team that can be great again.

Finishing. and, with that, no composure. the home final, being heavy favorites... they couldn't handle the pressure.

I honestly think the horrific start of the season had a lot to do with that. I don't think it would've happened without it. Arteta and Benayoun have been fantastic buys, Still not sold on Mertesacker but he improved the more he played so I have hope. I just wonder if it will take another 8-2 for Arsene to open the checkbook.

elsk

Banned
I'm sad because Lahm really deserved to win a CL trophy. All the other core players are very young and still likely to win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom