• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

Awesome. I have a soft spot for Charlton, glad to see them win

Thanks! It was a relief not to lose on the last day of the season.

I did forget one detail - I got my mum a ticket (because it was the last day and she fawns over Chris Powell at every available opportunity) and I injured her back when I hugged her and shook her after the third goal. I'd feel bad but hey, if you don't want to get burned, don't play with fire.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FBlHu.gif

ATF487

Most things about the FA cup have already been said, but I never would have thought that Carroll would be the best player on the pitch after he came on.

It'll be really interesting to see what happens this summer. Kenny is surely done, but how much more money can FSG sink into the team? With the Red Sox they seemed to consistently have high payrolls, but seemed to have boom/bust cycles with player signings.

And thinking about it, I'll probably see two new coaches when Roma/LFC come to Boston.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Messi has scored more goals this season than any team in the Premier League have as a whole excluding United and City.

Arnie

Just woke up from my post game pity nap. Don't think we were good enough to win it, and when we did wake up it was too little, too late. Glad Carroll had such a big impact, if just for his own confidence, but it does get tedious saying that. Fact is, he hasn't shown himself to be the indispensable striker that we need so it wasn't surprising to see him start on the bench.

rififi

Feel bad for Granada, they played so much better, and yet they don't get any points because of a penalty and an own goal.

keit4

Banned
Fight for the relegation in La Liga:

15 Granada 42
16 Villarreal 41
17 Rayo 40
18 Zaragoza 40
19 Sporting 37
20 Racing 27

feel

Aww man I wanted the goal but not like that. I feel bad for the Granada guy..

edit- jeez Granada guys went nuts there

Full on meltdown for Granada now, great to get two red cards with the last match being what decides relegation. What a cunt ref though.

Edit : lol did he throw a bottle to his head?

Dani Benítez threw and hit the ref with a bottle, so guess that's another suspension (even though the ref didnt see who threw it).
KuGsj.gif

Also lol, the ref was from Zaragoza apparently. The ones Granada are competing with to avoid relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom