• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

And that's really how it should be in the last fixtures of the season.

Why Napoli, Lazio and Udinese are playing a few hours before Inter makes no fucking sense whatsoever. (non-financially speaking)

All of the above are fighting for the third spot, and if they all somehow end up winning, it might kill Inter's motivation in their clash with Milan.
ijfvv.gif

Exactly. Which is why all these games should be on at the same time. Players won't know the results from other games (unless fans cheer the scores). All these different kick off times screw up motivation.

Clegg

Apparently there will be SAF quotes in the papers tomorrow where he says to expect some United transfer activity this summer.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm sloppy tipsy and have lost my voice from all the singing. Such a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Need a nap before the fight tonight.

panty

Madrid looks like out of ideas without Özil. They're just playing long balls.

Well the whole team looks like out-of-balance which isn't a huge surprise. Ronaldo is missing passes all the time and then there's what you said, no Özil, Alonso, Ramos etc.

Zabojnik

And that's really how it should be in the last fixtures of the season.

Why Napoli, Lazio and Udinese are playing a few hours before Inter makes no fucking sense whatsoever. (non-financially speaking)

Why? Because la Lega Calcio is a fucking joke, that's why. Always has been, always will be.

Is Ashton ready for tomorrow?

EDIT: Nope. 4-3-3 with Chiellini as LB and Pepe?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why? Because la Lega Calcio is a fucking joke, that's why. Always has been, always will be.

Bologna - Napoli
Atalanta - Lazio
Udinese - Genoa

Grim.

Zabojnik said:
Is Ashton ready for tomorrow?

EDIT: Nope. 4-3-3 with Chiellini as LB and Pepe?

Sounds better to me than Lecce's Caceres to be honest.

If we go with a 3-5-2, I hope we use Giaccherini on the left or somewhere.

Edit: We were COMPLETELY outplayed with a 4-3-3 at home. So maybe a 3-5-2 is more likely?

The Carroll goal/off the line thing, was a goal.

It's heavily ironic though that we've been beaten like that after what happened in '05. C'est la vie. Kenny's probably gone. Hope Rafa or AVB replace him. Carroll was immense and I was shocked he didn't start. If Suarez didn't get fouls off Terry and Ivanovic then without Carroll we can't hold the ball up front against them. That's what happened for the first 60 minutes. Spearing choked a bit, he's a good lad but I don't think he's up to it at LFC. We miss Lucas terribly.

Lakitu

st5fu
Congratulations Chelsea fans. I'm off to drown my sorrows.

For what it's worth, I didn't think it was a goal but it could have easily been given.

Apparently there will be SAF quotes in the papers tomorrow where he says to expect some United transfer activity this summer.
Yes! Kagawa, Hazard, Martinez, M'Vila signings confirmed.

The quotes are probably about Pogba, Berba and PIG leaving. Activity my arse :(

Clegg

Yes! Kagawa, Hazard, Martinez, M'Vila signings confirmed.

The quotes are probably about Pogba, Berba and PIG leaving. Activity my arse :(

I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't get Kagawa tbh.

He'll be £12m at most so he's definitely a value signing. And he's only 23 so he meets all the criteria of a Man United transfer target.

The ESPN site are reporting that Kagawa gave an interview on Japanese tv where he said that he's looking forward to playing for United next season. But ESPN got that quote from a fake twitter account. Don't believe it.

Mr. Sam

Terrific day at The Valley. Charlton defeated a game Hartlepool 3-2 after going down 1-0, having already secured the title a fortnight ago, but earning the three points it took to equal Fulham's 101 point League One record.

ZnsJW.jpg

The start of the afternoon was a bit surreal - the Red Devils parachuted into the ground, trailing red smoke and wearing the new Nike home kit.

gQEvA.jpg

Of course, we stayed to see the trophy presentation and the ensuing celebrations. The stewards and the police were proper spoilsports and wouldn't let the fans onto the pitch!

qzCh8.jpg

What's this 'FA Cup' nonsense you're all jabbering about?

I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't get Kagawa tbh.

He'll be £12m at most so he's definitely a value signing. And he's only 23 so he meets all the criteria of a Man United transfer target.

The ESPN site are reporting that Kagawa gave an interview on Japanese tv where he said that he's looking forward to playing for United next season. But ESPN got that quote from a fake twitter account. Don't believe it.
:lol I saw that quote this morning. Hilarious how quickly the account was found to be fake. Surprised ESPN didn't do any background checks before running that!

He said he won't talk to his agent until after the German cup final so there will be no action until after then at the earliest.

Wilbur

Banned
Terrific day at The Valley. Charlton defeated a game Hartlepool 3-2 after going down 1-0, having already secured the title a fortnight ago, but earning the three points it took to equal Fulham's 101 point League One record.

http://i.imgur.com/ZnsJW.jpg[/IM]

The start of the afternoon was a bit surreal - the Red Devils parachuted into the ground, trailing red smoke and wearing the new Nike home kit.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gQEvA.jpg[IMG]

Of course, we stayed to see the trophy presentation and the ensuing celebrations. The stewards and the police were proper spoilsports and wouldn't let the fans onto the pitch!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qzCh8.jpg[/I]

What's this 'FA Cup' nonsense you're all jabbering about?[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I have a soft spot for Charlton, glad to see them win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom