• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

Pep.. <3 :(

Messi. 2 goals(rayo), 3 goals(malaga), 4 goals(espanyol), looks like he is scoring 5 next game. :p Fooking amazing. 72 goals in 1 season..

3 times? If Messi went back to the 50s he would have 3 wcs by the time he would be 16. 9 WC would be more realistic, he would have been the first 48 year old to win the wc.

and how many of those were pks?

mention that too!

Stimpy

Abel Resino was so pissed at his players for mouthing off to the ref. I wonder what the locker room was like after that game. Still feel bad that Granada didn't get any points for the game - but regardless, those actions are never tolerable.

Why are they moaning at the referee anyway? I only saw the highlights but they missed a bunch of chances, it was a clear penalty and then they score an own goal, how is that the refs fault?

Lunchbox

Banned
look at this girl

QjtEY.jpg

so beautiful

MPW

:S

What's up? Why are you so bitter about Messi ? lol You won the league, congrats. Yeah Messi shattered/destroyed/annihilated Ronaldos record but thats okay.

not bitter

when cr7 goal tally is bought up, became top scorer last year, gaf is like BUT all those pk goals!

so we should do the same for messi

What's wrong?

And how many goals has CR7 made of pks and how many matches has Madrid won this seasons because of pks? Come on...you've won, and you don't have anything to say about pks this season..

pretty sure barca got more pks than madrid in cl+laliga+copa del rey

Carbonox

When Wilbury said "wrong really", I think he means "really" as in aeroslash had to respond and try and one up the post that said that Real Madrid could set the record if they reach 100 points for the season. "Really?" = "Really, you had to go there?"

There was no need to knock the post and one-up it by saying "oh but Barca reached 99 points AND reached the Champs Final".

RichW

First post in Footy GAF so be gentle :)

Disclaimer, I've been a Liverpool fan for 30 years.

We were awful for the first 60 minutes, but for final 30 minutes I thought we were excellent, shame it was too little, too late.

I watched the game in Canada on Setanta Sports so I'm not sure which UK audio feed we had, but one of the commentators raised the point that this may well be the turning point for Carroll at Liverpool and I have to agree, I thought he changed the game for us and looked like the striker we thought we'd bought a year ago.

I do agree that it's time for Kenny to go, but hopefully Henry will allow him to resign gracefully rather than firing him. For all the disappointments this season, he will always be a legend for all he gave to the club in the past.

Welcome RichW!

Is this the same turning point as all the others he's had this season or a new one? Don't you feel he and Torres seem to have the same reactions towards them - "He's come good now!"?

First post in Footy GAF so be gentle :)

Disclaimer, I've been a Liverpool fan for 30 years.

We were awful for the first 60 minutes, but for final 30 minutes I thought we were excellent, shame it was too little, too late.

I watched the game in Canada on Setanta Sports so I'm not sure which UK audio feed we had, but one of the commentators raised the point that this may well be the turning point for Carroll at Liverpool and I have to agree, I thought he changed the game for us and looked like the striker we thought we'd bought a year ago.

I do agree that it's time for Kenny to go, but hopefully Henry will allow him to resign gracefully rather than firing him. For all the disappointments this season, he will always be a legend for all he gave to the club in the past.

Welcome!

You sound far too reasonable to be a Liverpool fan :p

Hey, so does the real Liverpool!

You still fancy a couple of games tonight? I'm just playing some Trials Evo atm but invite me anytime and I'll hop on Fifa.
Assuming I don't go break the disc this very moment maybe later tonig or tomorrow? I'm so mad right now I want to murder the entire Xbox userbase.

RichW

Maybe, time will tell. But today it just felt like he had that "Fuck you, it was my goal that got us here and I have a point to prove" vibe about him. Wasn't always successful, but I enjoyed the effort :)

Regarding the "goal", I have to grudgingly agree that it was an awesome save.

aeroslash

not bitter

when cr7 goal tally is bought up, became top scorer last year, gaf is like BUT all those pk goals!

pretty sure barca got more pks than madrid in cl+laliga+copa del rey

Barça:

Liga: 8
Copa del Rey:2
Cl: 5

Madrid:

Liga: 11
Copa del Rey:0
Cl: 2

You're right... I will not be the one who will say which ones were more important to get points though..
Furthermore, the 38% of pks of barça in la liga have been in the last 2 matches.

FootballFan

How many of Barcas PKs were in the last few weeks? 7 ? lol

not bitter

Oh alright then. But CR does score a lot penalties, he is the penalty king after all.

Assuming I don't go break the disc this very moment maybe later tonig or tomorrow? I'm so mad right now I want to murder the entire Xbox userbase.

Yeah, I'll still be about for a few hours yet. I'm in the same boat with Trials haha, I'm going to relax and play some Mass Effect 2 instead. Like I said though, Invite me anytime!

Lunchbox

Banned
Barça:

Cl: 5

Madrid:

Cl: 2

You're right... I will not be the one who will say which ones were more important to get points though..
Furthermore, the 38% of pks of barça in la liga have been in the last 2 matches.
bigger picture in mind

unicef money isnt wasted on 2 team joke leagues

So the SAF quotes are basically; City ruined the market, we can't compete financially so we'll stick to youth, Clev + Carrick are good but we might add somebody to the squad, Berbatov won't leave for free, we're going to sign 2/3 players...if there's value.

Boring. Summers going to be lame again. Yawn.

So the SAF quotes are basically; City ruined the market, we can't compete financially so we'll stick to youth, Clev + Carrick are good but we might add somebody to the squad, Berbatov won't leave for free, we're going to sign 2/3 players...if there's value.

Fack.

WJD

:(

How depressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom