• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Neymessi's goal against Inter (sorry for the quality, I'm no Sunhi):

iU2B6ufTnTPOT.gif

edit: Corinthians 1 up.

Blablurn

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Podolski signs for Arsenal? is this a dream?

good deal if u ask me. even though u can consider arsenal being a big team, its certainly not too big for someone like podolski. he is fast, can score and pass. i can see him having a torres coming to liverpool like impact.

random note, during our second game against basel i will be somewhere over siberia :( fuuuuck.

nitewulf

absolutely, are you kidding, its a good thing for team morale alone. he isn't that good of a player, but he is young and famous, and definitely performs in big games.

FootballFan

Andy carroll does that on a weekly basis

:lol not Carrolls fault he cost 35mil.

Some tweets about messi:
Maxi Rodriguez (Liverpool): "There is no doubt, you're from another galaxy. Thanks Leo"

Rio Ferdinand (Man United): "Messi doesn't look interested tonight....!!"

Demba Ba (Newcastle United): "Is messi a human beeing?????"

Gary Lineker (ex-player): "Fella's a genius! Best ever by a distance in my life time! Never really saw Pele [...] Wait til he grows up!"

Lineker: "Souness,Gullit,Venables and now Rooney agree Messi is the best they have seen. He plays a game to which we are not familiar"

Eden Hazard (Lille): "Is Messi the best player of all times?"

Owen (ManUtd): "Not old enough to see some of the greats but can't believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as Messi."

Valdes: "I'll be able to tell my grandchildren I've suffered messi, but only on training (laughs)."

Blablurn

That sucks, but it's awesome at the same time, I'd love to go to Siberia.

thank god im just over it and not in siberia itself. but that month in china was awesome. made me even forget those dreadful bayern games. too bad i have to leave soon.

Sloosha

Maxi Rodriguez (Liverpool): "There is no doubt, you're from another galaxy. Thanks Saloman"

Rio Ferdinand (Man United): "Kalou doesn't look interested tonight....!!"

Demba Ba (Newcastle United): "Is Kalou a human beeing?????"

Gary Lineker (ex-player): "Fella's a genius! Best ever by a distance in my life time! Never really saw Pele [...] Wait til he grows up!"

Lineker: "Souness,Gullit,Venables and now Rooney agree Kalou is the best they have seen. He plays a game to which we are not familiar"

Eden Hazard (Lille): "Is Kalou the best player of all times?"

Owen (ManUtd): "Not old enough to see some of the greats but can't believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as Kalou."

Cech: "I'll be able to tell my grandchildren I've suffered Kalou, but only on training (laughs)."

Wow. High praise indeed ;)

Messi

Table displaying productivity of selected top players this season

Messi is just so far ahead of everybody else. Ridiculous.

Wow, I didn't think his assists were that high.

53 Goals, 20 Assists in 49 Games.

How can anyone argue against this guy for the Balon d'Or. Poor Ronaldo, sometimes I feel bad for him. But then I go back to watching one of the greatest players of all time. :p I kid. I like ronaldo.

Edit: Oh and a friend of mine was arguing that messi hogs the ball too much and is selfish, cannot wait to show him this tomorrow. Highest assists on the list.

Messi

Cesc is having a good season too stats wise:

17 Goals 19 Assists in 42 Games

and people said he would warm the bench.

edit: Also dat OZIL assists.

AlexBasch

I know these are stats and they're correct, but it feels weird to see Torres above Eto'o, Nasri and Sneijder. :p

Javier Hernández on the 19th place, not bad, haha. I thought Cavani would be far higher on that table though.

And Messi well, what can I say about that guy. I have been thinking that his only "mistake" was being born as an Argentinian rather than Spanish. He looks so out of place playing with Argentina. :/

Salazar

I hope these rumors regarding Podolski are true. Although he should compliment Van Persie and not be a replacement.

I'd like to see them play together, definitely. But I don't doubt that a large part of the reason they bought him is as a precaution.

Keio

For a Finer World
And Messi well, what can I say about that guy. I have been thinking that his only "mistake" was being born as an Argentinian rather than Spanish. He looks so out of place playing with Argentina. :/
His hattrick last week in Argentina's shirt is hopefully a harbinger of a resurgent Argentina...

Messi is just amazing. I love how he's always smiling on the pitch. Well, I would too if I scored 5 of course ;)

Salazar

So, apparently Jan Wouters isn't that keen on Tommy Oar.

Someone buy him in the summer, please. Even Arsenal, if you're going to get proper strikers who will be in the box looking for chances.

are there still seedings after this round? would be hilarious if basel wins and gets APOEL F.C. in QF.

Yes! That would be hilarious indeed.

Bring it on. APOEL has shown Europe that we are scared of nothing. We will put a good fight no matter who they throw at us.

i think it's about time for Europe to stop under-estimating us so much and show some respect.

Fantomex

Yes! That would be hilarious indeed.

Bring it on. APOEL has shown Europe that we are scared of nothing. We will put a good fight no matter who they throw at us.

i think it's about time for Europe to stop under-estimating us so much and show some respect.

I hope they draw Madrid or Barcelona.

I hope they draw Madrid or Barcelona.

Lol, whoever they might draw, they're in the final 8.

Where's Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United?

No matter what happens next, what APOEL F.C. has shown is that anything is possible. I do hope we draw Madrid actually because I would love to see them play here.

Barca not so much, not because I'm scared we'll lose to them (which we probably will), but because I'm a Real Madrid fan and I hate their guts :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom