• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

United don't play on a Saturday again this season.

I suspect Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea (I'm assuming these are the other most popular teams on the continent) don't have many more 3pm kick-offs on Saturday's either.

They would be shown anyway. The real loosers are the fans of all the other clubs.

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

European court has judged that Europe can FUCK OFF re: multi-match viewings on Saturdays, so from now on channels in Europe can only show ONE match on Saturdays @ 3PM.

Basically no chance of your favourite team being shown. Thankfully City only play twice that time this season.

Just Europe or Europe and the UK?

Sleepy

Don't fox in the states show a lot of premier league games. Half the streams I watch are from Fox Soccer Channel

Basically, I can sit on my couch on Saturday and Sunday and watch 5-7 PL games on Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus (with some Serie A games thrown in, as well). If this ruling fucks that up, I'm going to R.A.G.E.

Manager

My dear ASSASSIN, I think you'll find that no 3pm PL games can be shown on TV in this country.

My question is now whether that ruling applies to the UK considering how things are/were.

I don't understand what you're saying. If your country doesn't show matches then this ruling probably make no change. BUT, your local pubs may show one of the matches with foreign commentary, legally.

Don't fox in the states show a lot of premier league games. Half the streams I watch are from Fox Soccer Channel

I don't know if you can get American satellite channels in Europe.

Manager

Basically, I can sit on my couch on Saturday and Sunday and watch 5-7 PL games on Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus (with some Serie A games thrown in, as well). If this ruling fucks that up, I'm going to R.A.G.E.

It's *ONLY* Saturday 3PM matches though, you can still have an all-Saturday PL day. Unfortunately you may miss the match you want to see at 3 PM and watch some other shit.

Oh, and pay for it, as I do. THANK YOU bitch.

Manager

Oh, calming down now. Why fuck with a good thing though?

Because pubs in England took advantage of the good thing which resulted in less attendance money to the clubs.

Instead, on Swedish forums, I see people saying they'll cancel their subscriptions next season. It bites those assholes in the ass. I'm not gonna pay €20-30 a month and see like half of City's matches.

I don't understand what you're saying. If your country doesn't show matches then this ruling probably make no change. BUT, your local pubs may show one of the matches with foreign commentary, legally.

Ok, I understand. I think I misunderstood what you were saying.

Sleepy

Because pubs in England took advantage of the good thing which resulted in less attendance money to the clubs.

Instead, on Swedish forums, I see people saying they'll cancel their subscriptions next season. It bites those assholes in the ass. I'm not gonna pay €20-30 a month and see like half of City's matches.

After going back for a reread I see the issues now. It's only the mid-low tier teams that can't fill though, right?

Manager

So Savic is fit, that means Mancini rather play Clichy at RB than Savic.

Thank fuck he finally understood Savic's weaknesses.

Manager

After going back for a reread I see the issues now. It's only the mid-low tier teams that can't fill though, right?

Actually, it's about the lower league teams (Championship etc). They don't want people to sit in front of the TV on a Saturday to zap PL matches instead of supporting their low-tier local club.

For the rest of Europe, that at least get one match, it's different though. One is better than nothing, but they'll obviously only show the big teams. Everyone else gets fucked over.

Manager

Has this been posted yet?

Bale says he isn't a diver. He only goes to ground to avoid career ending injuries.

Thats such bullshit. He could have at least come up with a better excuse.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/08/tottenham-gareth-bale-diving-allegations

Err... that's a well-known explenation. There's a difference between going down after contact (Balotelli) and going down with no contact whatsoever (Suarez).

Think for yourself. What happens if you have your studs down in the grass and someone chops down your leg? You get a Eduardo injury. It's the reason the players jump as in the air at contact.

Wilbur

Banned
Has this been posted yet?

Bale says he isn't a diver. He only goes to ground to avoid career ending injuries.

Thats such bullshit. He could have at least come up with a better excuse.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/08/tottenham-gareth-bale-diving-allegations

I understand the motive behind it, but then you have to admit you've dived and tell the referee you jumped to avoid the challenge.

He's obviously a bit of a dick.

Edit: Manager, he's going to ground and appealing for penalties. If there isn't contact, he's dived to win a penalty if he doesn't explain his decision to go to ground.

Noirulus

With Ronaldos ego he probably thinks he needs to score more goals to be considered the best. I remember when Kaka won the Fifa award and Messi came second he was pissed, in an interview he went on about how many goals he scored and didn't know why Messi was above him even though he scored more goals. Then you look at last year and how desperate Madrid were to get Ronaldo as many goals as possible during the end of the season, Pepe was even bringing up a goal he was awarded off a Ronaldo deflection and was arguing that Ronaldo should be credited with the goal, it was obvious he was trying to beat Messi in goals.

Ronaldo is all about winning. Sure, he scores a lot, but he's not ignorant and even stated himself that he came to Madrid to win.

Hixx

Actually, it's about the lower league teams (Championship etc). They don't want people to sit in front of the TV on a Saturday to zap PL matches instead of supporting their low-tier local club.

For the rest of Europe, that at least get one match, it's different though. One is better than nothing, but they'll obviously only show the big teams. Everyone else gets fucked over.

Just means people will have to source streams from the US, Australia, Middle East instead. It's by no means the end of easily-accessible internet streams. Just fucks over those who got satellite dishes etc installed.

dc89

NOOOOOO!!! KOMPANY!!

Looks like he can take no further part. He's rubbing his calf and taking the captains band off.

Manager

Just means people will have to source streams from the US, Australia, Middle East instead. It's by no means the end of easily-accessible internet streams. Just fucks over those who got satellite dishes etc installed.

The problem is that, it's just like RDM on gaming: Us paying dudes gets fucked over, and pirates continue as they want. Much lower quality too.

I mean I paid for this shit, they already got my money. Now mid-season they fuck me over.

Clegg

Err... that's a well-known explenation. There's a difference between going down after contact (Balotelli) and going down with no contact whatsoever (Suarez).

Think for yourself. What happens if you have your studs down in the grass and someone chops down your leg? You get a Eduardo injury. It's the reason the players jump as in the air at contact.

Have you seen some of Bales collection of dives? He isn't just trying to avoid injury.

Wilbur

Banned
Sad for Kompany and I don't wish any of their players injury but they've been lucky all season. I saw that they've only used 21 players this season as opposed to our 30. How funny would it be if we won the title and Mancini complained that he couldn't match our squad strength?

Hixx

The problem is that, it's just like RDM on gaming: Us paying dudes gets fucked over, and pirates continue as they want. Much lower quality too.

I mean I paid for this shit, they already got my money. Now mid-season they fuck me over.

Do you not pay per month? You have to front the cash?

I admit, when I first read your post I thought it meant they would bring in the new rules (so to speak) at the end of the season... very unfair on Viasat customers that it starts this weekend.

Manager

Have you seen some of Bales collection of dives? He isn't just trying to avoid injury.

No, as I said there are pure divers (Suarez/Bale etc), but I don't think Balotelli is one of them. He sometimes goes down a bit easy but there's always contact.

No, as I said there are pure divers (Suarez/Bale etc), but I don't think Balotelli is one of them. He sometimes goes down a bit easy but there's always contact.
That may be so, but it's a very minor "redeeming" factor. Going down with the very slightest of contact is still an attempt to con the referee.

With that said, I don't really see Balotelli go down very easily that often so I wouldn't even consider him a serial diver in the first place.

Manager

DAMMIT. Milner sucks out all the offensive awesomeness that Silva and Aguero create, he's anti-joga bonita. Lost the ball twice in a row now.

I don't agree him doing that, but he's not making that up.
I agree to a certain extent.

What I find interesting is how the "flamboyant" players if you like get so much grief for going down easily. It is cheap, but it is just as cheap as other players roughing them up by following through on challenges, catching them with trailing legs etc, which all happens very often also.

I remember in the game against Liverpool, when Bale did dive (and his getting injured excuse doesn't stack up for that incident, that was just shitty), Skrtel went in very hard on Bale early on in the game when he had absolutely no need to. It was kind of laughed off as a "haha, letting Bale know he's in a game" type of thing...but really, that's just as shitty IMO.

Fur_Q

Can't find it on my rtmp list.

5ZwGy.png

Definitely on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom