• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I don't agree him doing that, but he's not making that up.

I know he's not making it up. But he has gone down very easy in a number of matches and you can't say that he was trying to avoid injury.

There have been a few instances of him going down very easy from innocuous challenges.

Another stellar pass by Milner.

Really disappointed in him, I've never seen him do well in Europe.

He came on as sub for the last 10 mins and set up the injury time winner against Villareal back in October.

I agree though he's not started this game well. He might be a bit rusty cuz he hasn't played that much of late.

Manager

He came on as sub for the last 10 mins and set up the injury time winner against Villareal back in October.

I agree though he's not started this game well. He might be a bit rusty cuz he hasn't played that much of late.

He's great to put on in the end because due to his fitness levels he can basically run for 10-15 mins straight. He showed that against Bayern away *that night*.

The problem, as I see it, is that it's obvious Mancini want to play it safe. He puts three defensively capable CMs (/DMs) on.

But Sporting still melts through that barrier with their quick passing. Milner is a waste here, De Jong and Barry would be enough. Sometimes attack is the best offense. City can't keep the ball since the only offensively capable players on the pitch is Aguero, Silva and Dzeko. It just ends with passing back to Lescott or Kolo and then Milner drops it somewhere.

Socreges

Banned
Rooney: "Messi is a joke"

Does this have a different meaning in England or is Rooney just misusing slang? Calling someone a "joke" only has negative connotations in North America.

Just to be clear, I understand that he's using it as a compliment.

Messi

Does this have a different meaning in England or is Rooney just misusing slang? Calling someone a "joke" only has negative connotations in North America.

He means it's a joke how much better than everyone else he is.

Hixx

Whenever someone is called a joke over here I always interpret it as an insult.

But a few footballers on twitter seem to think its a compliment.

Slow 1st half with not many chances. Not really concerned by Sporting but the quicker the breakthrough comes the sooner we can rest some key players for Swansea. An early goal from a counter or set piece would be welcome.

Carbonox

Yah, when you say "this is a joke", it's NEVER anything but a negative term. Never have I ever heard it said in good light, so obviously Rooney is showcasing his low IQ.

Anyway, what a fucking boring day of football. Only Atletico Madrid doing the business. Europa League has a tendency to go down this route of shite.

Fur_Q

Yep thats an insult. As I said last night shaved chimps shouldn't be allowed on twitter.

(Countering the "on gaf also" counter)

Manager

Yah, when you say "this is a joke", it's NEVER anything but a negative term. Never have I ever heard it said in good light, so obviously Rooney is showcasing his low IQ.

Anyway, what a fucking boring day of football. Only Atletico Madrid doing the business. Europa League has a tendency to go down this route of shite.

wtf @ Atletico's goals. Are Besiktas fielding their U18 defense line?

Stimpy

Have people really never heard calling someone a joke as being a compliment sometimes or are people being sarcastic I can't tell?

1-0

untitled-41bu8y.gif

Bo-Locks

I still think he's a fantastic keeper, but these marginal and costly errors are what prevent him from being one of the 'top' keepers in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom